
Luxury Tivat Hideaway: Your Dream 1-Bedroom Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're diving headfirst into the luxurious, the potentially delightful, and the maybe-slightly-flawed world of Luxury Tivat Hideaway: Your Dream 1-Bedroom Awaits! This isn't your average, sterile hotel review. This is the real deal, warts and all, with enough SEO to make Google blush.
First Impressions & Accessibility: Can a Wheelchair Get to Paradise? (Hopefully!)
Alright, so "Luxury Tivat Hideaway" sounds fancy, right? But fancy doesn't mean accessible. Let's get the nitty-gritty out of the way first. We're talking Wheelchair Accessible, and that's HUGE. We need to know if they actually mean it. Does the website clearly state which rooms are adapted? Are the entrances ramped? Are the public areas, like the restaurants and lounges, easily navigable? Because if I can't get to that poolside bar (more on that later…), then "luxury" feels a bit…pointless.
The website better be crystal clear about this. And if there's a photo of someone effortlessly gliding through the lobby in a wheelchair? Gold star. Failing that, I'm calling and grilling them.
They've got Elevator, which is a good start. And let's hope the facilities for disabled guests are more than just a polite nod.
Internet: The Lifeblood of Modern Travel (and My Social Media Addiction)
Okay, let's be real. No Internet? No deal. Thankfully, they tout Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! – praise be! And Wi-Fi in public areas, too. We're good. But…is it fast? Is it reliable? Because I need to upload my stunning sunset photos IMMEDIATELY. And if I'm stuck with dial-up speeds while I'm trying to stream a movie? I'm throwing a tantrum. (Okay, maybe just a quiet grumble.) They also mention Internet [LAN]. Okay, old-school, but potentially good for serious work (if you're into that sort of thing). Internet services are a must, too, just in case you need to print your boarding pass at the last minute.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Promised Land of Pampering (and Maybe a Tiny Hangover)
Here's where the "luxury" should start to shine. Let's break this down:
- Spa/Sauna: Yes, please! Sauna, Steamroom, Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap… all the good stuff. I'm picturing myself melting into a cloud of essential oils.
- Swimming pool: Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view. Gotta have a pool! Preferably one with a swim-up bar.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: Ugh. Okay, fine. I might use the gym after indulging in all the spa treatments. Maybe.
- Foot bath: Okay, now you're talking. This is the kind of detail that screams "I care about your feet." I approve.
My Dream: The Poolside Bar… And the Potential for Disaster.
Okay, look. I'm obsessed with the idea of a Poolside bar. Picture this: sun, turquoise water, a perfectly mixed cocktail (extra olives, please!), and zero responsibilities. This is my happy place.
But here's the potential disaster: what if the service is slow? What if the drinks are weak? What if the bartender is grumpy? This can make or break the whole experience. This is where I'm putting all my hopes and dreams.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun (and Preventing Hangry Meltdowns)
Alright, food. Crucial. Let's see what we've got:
- Restaurants: Plural! Good start.
- A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant: Flexibility is key. I like options.
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Diversity is good. Variety is the spice of life.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Caffeine is essential.
- Poolside bar: (See above. Obsessed.)
- Snack bar: For those between-meal cravings.
- Room service [24-hour]: A godsend when you're feeling lazy.
The Imperfection: The "Maybe" of the Food
Here's the thing: I have high standards for food. I don't want bland, boring hotel food. I want delicious. The mention of Alternative meal arrangement is good, suggesting they will try to cater to your needs. But the proof is in the pudding, or the Pad Thai, or whatever deliciousness they're serving.
Cleanliness and Safety: Post-Pandemic Peace of Mind (and a Touch of Paranoia)
Okay, let's get serious. We're still living in a world where hygiene is paramount. So, what's the deal?
- Anti-viral cleaning products and Professional-grade sanitizing services: Good. Great. Essential.
- Daily disinfection in common areas and Rooms sanitized between stays: Excellent.
- Hand sanitizer is a must.
- Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yay!
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Necessary.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Let's hope they enforce this.
The "Oh, Crap" Moment: The Room Sanitization Opt-Out.
Okay, here's a potential red flag. Room sanitization opt-out available. Why? I get it, maybe someone doesn't want the smell of cleaning products. But in this day and age, I'm slightly suspicious. I'm going to investigate this one.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
This is where a hotel can really shine. Let's see:
- Concierge, Doorman: Nice touches.
- Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: Essential.
- Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal: Convenient.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Perfect for those last-minute gifts (or treating myself).
- Luggage storage: Always helpful.
- Air conditioning in public area, Elevator: Comfort and convenience.
The "Oh, That's Cute" Factor: The Extras
- Babysitting service: If you're bringing the kids, this is a lifesaver.
- Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Kids facilities: Good to know.
- Proposal spot: Awww! (But please, no cheesy proposals. Just saying.)
- Shrine: Okay, interesting.
- Smoking area: Respect for non-smokers.
- Terrace: Love a good terrace.
For the Kids: Beyond the Babysitter (and the Potential for Chaos)
So, they're Family/child friendly, which is a huge plus. Kids meal options are always welcome, and Kids facilities could be anything from a playground to a dedicated kids' club. I'm cautiously optimistic. (Kids can be…unpredictable, let's say.)
Available in All Rooms: The Essentials and the Luxuries (and the Annoyances)
Alright, what about the actual rooms? This is where we get down to the details.
- Air conditioning: YES.
- Alarm clock: Okay, useful.
- Bathrobes, Slippers: Luxury!
- Blackout curtains: Crucial for sleep.
- Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea: Good.
- Daily housekeeping: Again, essential.
- Desk, Laptop workspace: For those who must work.
- Extra long bed: Yes, please!
- Free bottled water: Nice touch.
- Hair dryer: A must.
- In-room safe box: Security.
- Internet access – wireless, Wi-Fi [free]: Yay!
- Mini bar: Temptation.
- Non-smoking: Good.
- Private bathroom, Separate shower/bathtub: Luxury!
- Satellite/cable channels: Entertainment.
- Seating area, Sofa: Relaxation.
- Soundproofing, Soundproof rooms: Peace and quiet.
- Telephone: Still useful.
- Toiletries: Essential.
- Wake-up service: Reliable.
- Window that opens: Fresh air!
The Annoyances: The Things That Can Ruin a Stay
- Carpeting: I'm not a fan. Carpeting can get…grim.
- Mirror: Hopefully, there is a mirror
- Socket near the bed: Gotta have it to charge the

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's perfectly-formatted travel itinerary. This is MY trip to Tivat, Montenegro, and it's gonna be a glorious, slightly chaotic mess. We're talking Comfort 1bdr apartment, and a whole lotta soul-searching (and probably some rakija).
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Fridge Revelation (aka "Where's the Beer?!")
Morning (ish): Landed in Tivat. The airport? Tiny. Delightful. The baggage claim? Let's just say I had a moment of panic thinking my bag was permanently lost to the Montenegrin abyss. Turns out, it was just… slow. Sigh of relief. The taxi driver? A grizzled old dude with a cigarette glued to his lip and a smile that suggested he'd seen things. And probably enjoyed most of them.
Afternoon: Checked into the Comfort 1bdr. It’s… comfy. The balcony? Sold. Immediately dumped my stuff and sprinted outside to survey my kingdom (aka the view of the marina). It’s stunning, even with the construction cranes looming in the distance. (Apparently, Tivat is in a constant state of "becoming").
Late Afternoon/Early Evening: The Fridge Fiasco. Okay, here's the real drama. I hit the grocery store, feeling like a local. Bought all the essentials: bread, cheese, olives, some weird Balkan yogurt that I'm convinced is secretly magic. Got back to the apartment, ready to celebrate my independence with a cold beer. Cue dramatic music. The fridge… was lukewarm. Panic intensifies. Turns out, the power had been out. Cue a string of increasingly frantic phone calls to the rental agency, who, bless their hearts, sent someone over to "fix" it. (Spoiler alert: It involved a lot of head-scratching and a muttered prayer to the electrical gods).
Evening: Finally, after a couple of hours, the fridge was cold. Beer acquired. Victory achieved. Ate my cheese and olives on the balcony, watched the sunset, and felt a profound sense of contentment. Okay, and maybe a little guilt for judging the fridge so harshly. Lesson learned: Patience is a virtue, especially in the Balkans.
Day 2: Kotor Bay - The Day My Knees Almost Gave Up
Morning: The plan was simple: day trip to Kotor. The reality? A beautiful, sweaty, slightly terrifying climb up the Fortress of St. John. I started with gusto, feeling like a seasoned mountaineer. By the time I'd reached the halfway point, I was more of a "slightly wheezing, slightly regretting-my-life-choices tourist." The views, however, were worth every single agonizing step. The Bay of Kotor sprawled beneath me, a shimmering turquoise dream.
Afternoon: Kotor Old Town. Cobblestone streets. Cats. More cats. Churches. Gorgeous, ancient, and full of stories. Wandered around, got lost (multiple times), and bought a ridiculously overpriced ice cream. No regrets. Found a tiny cafe tucked away in a corner and had the best coffee I've had in ages. The old woman serving it barely spoke English, but her smile and the coffee were enough to communicate everything.
Late Afternoon: Back to Tivat. My legs were screaming, but my soul was happy. Collapsed on the balcony, consumed copious amounts of water, and stared at the view. Feeling like I had earned a massive plate of cevapcici.
Evening: Dinner at a local konoba (traditional restaurant). Ordered way too much food. Ate it all anyway. The grilled fish was divine. The rakija? Potent. The conversation? A delightful mix of broken English and enthusiastic hand gestures.
Day 3: The Beach, the Boats, and a Near-Disaster with a Seagull (aka "Never Trust a Bird with a Shiny Beak")
Morning: Beach day! Headed to a small beach near Tivat (don't even remember the name, was too busy chasing the sun). The water was crystal clear, the sun was blazing. Bliss. Spent the morning swimming, sunbathing, and generally trying to look like I knew what I was doing (spoiler alert: I didn't).
Afternoon: The Great Seagull Heist. Okay, this is where things get interesting. I was enjoying a perfectly respectable slice of pizza on the beach when a particularly brazen seagull decided MY pizza was its destiny. This bird was not messing around. It swooped down, snatched my pizza right out of my hand, and made a clean getaway. I was left staring at the empty air, in a state of complete shock. The audacity! The sheer gall! I swear, I could hear the seagull cackling as it flew away.
Late Afternoon: After the seagull incident, I decided to give the beach a break. Walked around the Porto Montenegro marina. The yachts were HUGE. The people were… well, let's just say they looked like they'd stepped straight out of a magazine. Felt slightly underdressed in my slightly-stained t-shirt and flip-flops.
Evening: Back to the apartment, feeling slightly defeated by the seagull and the yachts. Cooked a simple dinner, watched the sunset, and vowed revenge on any bird with a shiny beak. Maybe I’ll start carrying a water gun.
Day 4: Budva and the "Oops, Did I Just Buy a Boat Tour?" Incident
- Morning: Decided to venture further afield and head to Budva. This place is known for its beaches and its party vibe. The drive was beautiful, winding along the coast.
- Afternoon: Budva was a sensory overload. The Old Town was charming, the beaches were packed. I walked around, people-watched, and tried to absorb the atmosphere.
- Late Afternoon: This is where things took a turn. Got talked into a boat tour. Now, I'm not usually one for boat tours. They're generally filled with a lot of forced fun and cheesy commentary. But the guy selling tickets was charming, the boat looked nice, and I was in a "why not?" mood.
- Evening: The boat tour was… a mixed bag. The views were incredible, the water was clear, and the sunset was breathtaking. However, the music was loud, the other passengers were a bit rowdy, and the captain kept trying to flirt with me (in broken English). Overall? A fun, slightly chaotic, and utterly unforgettable experience.
Day 5: Departure (and a Final Glimpse of the Montenegrin Magic)
- Morning: Packing. Always the worst part. Said a sad goodbye to the balcony, to the view, and to the freedom of the Comfort 1bdr.
- Afternoon: Before heading to the airport, I decided to take one last walk along the Tivat waterfront. Found a little cafe, ordered a coffee, and just sat there, soaking it all in. The sun, the sea, the mountains in the distance… Montenegro is truly magical.
- Late Afternoon: Airport. Flight home. Already planning my return.
Final Thoughts:
Montenegro, you wild, beautiful, slightly chaotic place. You charmed me. You challenged me. You fed me way too much cheese and rakija. And I wouldn't have it any other way. This trip wasn't perfect. I got lost. I got ripped off (by a seagull). I probably ate way too many calories. But it was real. It was honest. And it was exactly what I needed. Until next time, Montenegro!
Lille's BEST Hotel? Novotel Centre Gares Review!
Luxury Tivat Hideaway: Your Dream 1-Bedroom Awaits! ... or Does It?! (An FAQ with a Side of Real Life)
Okay, so what's the *real* deal with this "Luxury Tivat Hideaway"? Is it actually luxurious, or just...pretentious?
Alright, let's be brutally honest, shall we? "Luxury" is thrown around like confetti these days. And yeah, the Tivat Hideaway *tries* to live up to the hype. Think sleek modern design, that balcony with a view that'll make your Instagram followers weep with envy... It *is* pretty swanky, I'll give them that. But... (and there's always a but, isn't there?) It's not like, *Emperor's New Clothes* level pretentious. It's just...polished. Like a really good actor. They've got the expensive furniture, the high-thread-count sheets (which I *may* or may not have spilled red wine on – don't judge, it was a celebratory occasion!), and the ridiculously fancy coffee machine. But is it soul-stirring luxury? Maybe not. More like, "Wow, this is nice. Now where's the remote?"
The balcony... you mentioned that. Is the view *really* as breathtaking as the pictures? Because let's be honest, those photos are *always* doctored.
Okay, the balcony... the balcony is *the* reason I booked this place. And yes, the view is almost as good as the photos. Almost. Look, I'm a cynic by nature. I went in expecting a Photoshop disaster. But the Bay of Kotor? Stunning. Mountains rising up like sleeping giants, the water shimmering... One morning, I swear I saw a dolphin leaping out of the water. Or maybe it was a particularly large, enthusiastic fish. The point is, the view is worth the price of admission. Seriously. I spent an embarrassing amount of time just staring out there, sipping my (perfectly brewed, thanks to that machine) coffee, and feeling... well, peaceful. Until the neighbor's rooster started crowing at 5 AM. Then I wanted to throw a pillow at the view. But still... pretty great. Just bring earplugs.
Tell me about the "one-bedroom" situation. Is it actually spacious? Or is it a glorified studio apartment?
Okay, here's the thing. "One-bedroom" is a loose term, especially when it comes to fancy places. It's not like a mansion, obviously. The bedroom is decent-sized, with a comfy bed (seriously, I slept like a log, even with the rooster situation). There's space for your luggage, and enough room to, you know, actually *move around* without feeling claustrophobic. The living area is combined with the kitchen, which is fine. I mean, it's not cramped. It's… functional. You're not going to be hosting a ballroom dance, but you can definitely spread out a little. And honestly, who wants to spend *all* their time inside when you have that balcony beckoning? I'd say it's a good size for a couple or a solo traveler. Maybe a slightly stressed-out solo traveler, judging by my experience.
Okay, what about the kitchen? Can I actually cook there, or is it just for show? Because I *love* to cook.
The kitchen... well, it's got the essentials. A stovetop, a fridge, a microwave (thank god, because I *live* for leftovers), and a dishwasher (hallelujah!). They even provide some basic cookware. I actually did cook a couple of meals there. I made pasta one night, and it was glorious. Then I tried to make eggs the next morning, and let's just say the non-stick pan was *very* non-stick... to the eggs. I'm not a chef, okay? But the point is, you can cook. It's not a professional kitchen, obviously. But if you're a decent home cook, you'll be fine. Just bring your own spices, because they only have salt and pepper. And maybe a backup plan for the eggs. (I ended up going to a cafe for breakfast after that incident. The shame!)
Is it noisy? I need peace and quiet to function, and I've heard Tivat can get a bit... lively.
Ah, the noise. This is important. Tivat *can* be lively. It’s a tourist town, after all. The Hideaway itself is tucked away, which is a good thing. But, you're not completely insulated from the outside world. The sound of the rooster I mentioned? Yeah, that was a thing. Also, there were some construction noises one day. And, you know, the occasional party going on nearby. It's not *constant* cacophony. But if you're super sensitive to noise, bring earplugs. Or, you know, become best friends with the rooster and convince him to take a nap. Good luck with that.
What's the location like? Is it easy to get around?
The location is… good. It's not *right* in the middle of the action, which is a plus in my book. You're a short walk from the marina, which is gorgeous (even if it's full of ridiculously expensive yachts I can only dream of owning). There are restaurants and shops nearby. Getting around is easy. You can walk, take a taxi, or rent a car (which I recommend if you want to explore the surrounding area). I spent a glorious day driving along the coast, stopping at little villages and swimming in the crystal-clear water. It's all pretty accessible. Just be prepared for some hills. My calves were screaming by the end of the week.
Are there any hidden fees or sneaky charges I should be aware of? Because those always get me.
Okay, this is a good question. Always read the fine print, people! I didn't encounter any *major* hidden fees at the Hideaway. But definitely check the terms and conditions before you book. They might charge extra for things like cleaning or late check-out. And watch out for the minibar! Those little bottles of water and snacks can add up fast. I learned that the hard way. My advice? Go grocery shopping. Save your money for the good stuff – like gelato and boat trips.
Okay, the most important question: Would you stay there again?
Hmm... good question. Despite the rooster, the slightly-too-non-stick pan, and the accidental red wine incident, IRooms And Vibes

