
Escape to Paradise: Zihuatanejo's Hidden Gem, Hotel Tradicional Savaro
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, occasionally bumpy, but ultimately utterly charming world of Hotel Tradicional Savaro in Zihuatanejo. Forget the perfectly manicured travel blogs – this is the real deal. And I, your intrepid (and slightly caffeine-addicted) reviewer, am here to spill the beans.
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Tradicional Savaro – The Honest Truth (and a Few Rambles)
First off, let's get one thing straight: Zihuatanejo itself is magical. Think turquoise water, sand so white it hurts your eyes (in a good way!), and a vibe that screams "chill the heck out." And Savaro? Well, it's nestled right in the heart of that magic.
Accessibility: The Good and the…Let’s Say, Developing
Okay, so this is where we get a little…real. The website says "facilities for disabled guests," and that's technically true. There is an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. But, and this is a big but, navigating the whole place with mobility issues might require a little extra…patience. Some areas are a bit…hilly. And the pathways aren't always perfectly smooth. So, while it's possible, definitely call ahead and ask for specifics about room accessibility and pathways. Don't be shy!
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (and a Few Minor Grumbles)
I snagged a room with a view, and let me tell you, that view was everything. Seriously, waking up to the ocean glistening in the morning? Worth every penny. The room itself was…charming. Let's go with charming. It wasn't a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel room. It had character. Think: comfy bed (extra long, score!), a small balcony to soak up the sun, and – praise be! – free Wi-Fi that actually worked. (More on that later.)
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning (essential!), alarm clock (thank goodness!), bathrobes (yes, please!), bathroom phone (never used it, but hey!), bathtub (ahhh, the luxury!), blackout curtains (bliss!), carpeting (a little worn, but hey, it's lived-in!), closet, coffee/tea maker (vital!), complimentary tea, daily housekeeping (spotless!), desk, extra long bed, free bottled water (dehydration is a real threat in Mexico!), hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies (didn't watch any, too busy staring at the ocean!), private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature (felt safe!), satellite/cable channels, scale (nope!), seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed (praise!), sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], window that opens.
The Wi-Fi Saga: A Tale of Triumph and Occasional Frustration
Okay, let's be honest. Wi-Fi is a non-negotiable for me. I’m a blogger, I need to post pictures of food and the ocean. And the internet in Zihuatanejo can be…a bit temperamental. BUT! Savaro's Wi-Fi was surprisingly good. Like, "I can actually upload a video without wanting to throw my laptop into the ocean" good. It wasn't perfect, mind you. There were moments of buffering, a few minor meltdowns, and one instance where I swear the signal was being held hostage by a particularly grumpy parrot. But overall? A win. They deserve a medal.
- Internet Access: Internet access – LAN, Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food!
The food at Savaro was…delicious. Seriously. Let's be real, sometimes hotel food is just…meh. Not here. The restaurant, serving up both Western and International cuisine, had a view that made every meal feel like a special occasion. Breakfast was a buffet of dreams, with fresh fruit, pastries, and the most amazing chilaquiles I've ever tasted. Seriously, I'm still dreaming about those chilaquiles. And the coffee? Strong. The pool bar was also a highlight.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant,
Things to Do, Ways to Relax: Spa Day and Ocean Gazing
The pool at Savaro is stunning. Infinity edge, overlooking the ocean – pure bliss. And the spa? Okay, let's talk about the spa. I treated myself to a massage, and it was…heaven. Seriously. The masseuse was a miracle worker. I walked in a stressed-out, deadline-ridden mess, and walked out feeling like a limp noodle.
- Things to do, ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound
Okay, let’s be honest, this is HUGE. Especially these days. Savaro took hygiene seriously. I saw staff constantly cleaning, hand sanitizer was everywhere, and I felt completely safe. They’re using anti-viral cleaning products, and the staff knows their stuff.
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Doctor/nurse on call, First aid kit, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment.
Services and Conveniences: Little Luxuries
Savaro offers a ton of services to make your stay easier. They had a concierge who could arrange anything, a laundry service (essential!), and even a little convenience store.
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun
While I didn't travel with kids, Savaro seemed family-friendly. They had babysitting services, and I saw a few families enjoying the pool.
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
Getting around Zihuatanejo is a breeze. The hotel can arrange airport transfers, and taxis are readily available.
- Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
The Bottom Line: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. Despite the minor hiccups, Hotel Tradicional Savaro is a gem. It’s got charm, character, and a location that’s impossible to beat. It's not perfect, but that's part of its charm.
The Quirky Things I Remember (Because, You Know, Real Life)
- The resident cat who loved to sunbathe on the pool chairs.
- The slightly-too-loud music from the bar one night (hey, I was on vacation!).
- The sheer joy of drinking coffee on my balcony, watching the sunrise.
Now, for the Offer!
Tired of the Same Old Vacation? Escape to Paradise with Hotel Tradicional Savaro!
Dreaming of sun-drenched beaches, turquoise waters, and a place where you can actually relax? Hotel Tradicional Savaro in Zihuatanejo is calling your name! We're not just offering a hotel room; we're offering an experience. An escape from the ordinary.
Here's what you get:
- Stunning Ocean Views: Wake up to paradise every single morning.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected (or disconnect, your choice!).
- Delicious Food: Indulge in authentic Mexican cuisine and international flavors.
- Relaxation: Dip

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is my Zihuatanejo trip, and trust me, it's going to be a wild ride. We're talking Hotel Tradicional Savaro, the kind of place that promises "authentic Mexican charm" and delivers… well, we'll see.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Tortilla Debacle (and Maybe a Nap)
- Morning (or, like, late morning): Arrive at ZIH airport. The flight was a blur of airplane peanuts and questionable in-flight entertainment. Seriously, who greenlights those documentaries about the mating rituals of the Peruvian tree frog? Anyway, the airport itself is charmingly chaotic – a little like a bustling market with a baggage carousel. The air hits you like a warm, salty hug. Lovely.
- Getting to the Hotel: Finding a taxi was a comedy of errors. Apparently, my Spanish is limited to "cerveza por favor" and "mucho gracias" (which, let's be honest, gets you pretty far). Eventually, we haggled our way into a beat-up taxi that smelled vaguely of coconuts and desperation. The drive to Hotel Tradicional Savaro was a rollercoaster of vibrant colours, dusty streets, and the constant blare of what I think was mariachi music.
- Check-In and the Room: The hotel? It's…rustic. Let's go with that. The lobby is all dark wood and fading photographs. The staff are lovely, though, bless their hearts. They're probably used to tourists like me, wandering around with that bewildered "where am I?" expression. My room? It's got character, alright. A view of the courtyard, a slightly wonky air conditioner that sounds like a dying walrus, and a bed that… well, it's a bed.
- The Tortilla Debacle: Okay, so I was STARVING. I’d read about the amazing street tacos in Zihua. Found a little place down the street. Tried to order. Utter disaster. My Spanish crumbled under the pressure. I pointed, I gestured, I even attempted a pathetic charade involving my hand and a rapidly shrinking imaginary tortilla. The woman behind the counter just stared at me. Eventually, she just… gave me a tortilla. A plain, lonely tortilla. I managed to get some salsa. It was delicious, but the whole experience was a humbling lesson in the limits of my communication skills. Maybe I should just stick to the "cerveza por favor" for now.
- Afternoon: Nap time. Jet lag is a beast. Plus, that tortilla incident took a lot out of me.
- Evening: Wandered down to the beach. The sunset was breathtaking, a fiery canvas of oranges, pinks, and purples. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was pure bliss. Had a couple of those cervezas. Life is good.
Day 2: Beach Vibes, Fish Tacos, and a Run-In with a Sand Flea
- Morning: Breakfast at the hotel. The coffee is strong, the fruit is fresh, and the view of the courtyard is… well, it’s still there. I'm starting to embrace the "rustic" vibe.
- Beach Day (Part 1): Spent the morning at Playa la Ropa. It's gorgeous. Turquoise water, soft sand, and plenty of opportunities to people-watch. I attempted to read my book, but the allure of the sun and the waves proved too strong. Ended up just basking in the glorious sunshine.
- The Fish Taco Quest (Revisited): Determined to redeem myself after yesterday’s tortilla fiasco, I sought out the legendary fish tacos. This time, I went to a place recommended by a local. Success! Crispy, perfectly seasoned fish, fresh slaw, and a dollop of something that tasted suspiciously like heaven. I ate three. No regrets.
- Afternoon: Back to Playa la Ropa. Bliss. Until… the bite. A tiny, itchy, infuriating bite. A sand flea. The bane of my beach-going existence. Cue the frantic scratching and the general feeling of annoyance.
- Evening: Dinner at a beachfront restaurant. Fresh seafood, live music, and the sound of the waves. Sand flea bite forgotten (mostly). The food was incredible, the company was good, and the tequila flowed freely. Perfect.
Day 3: The Great Snorkelling Adventure (and My Near-Death Experience with a Sea Urchin)
- Morning: Booked a snorkelling trip. I'd read reviews. They said it was amazing. Crystal-clear water, vibrant coral, and a chance to see all sorts of colourful fish.
- The Boat Ride: The boat was… small. And the waves were… choppy. I'm not the best sailor, and I was starting to feel a little green around the gills.
- Snorkelling: The Good: The water was crystal clear. The coral was vibrant. The fish were colourful. It was like swimming in an aquarium. Absolutely stunning.
- Snorkelling: The Bad: I got too close to a sea urchin. Not a pleasant experience. Let’s just say, I learned a valuable lesson about respecting marine life and the importance of not being a clumsy idiot. The pain was… intense. Like, "I think I'm going to die" intense. Luckily, the boat crew were amazing. They patched me up with something that stung even more than the sea urchin, but eventually, the pain subsided.
- Snorkelling: The Ugly: The memory of that sea urchin will forever be etched in my brain. I'm pretty sure I'll be checking every inch of sand for the rest of my life.
- Afternoon: Rest and recovery. The sea urchin incident took a lot out of me. Plus, I was still feeling a little seasick.
- Evening: Quiet dinner. I wasn't feeling particularly adventurous. Just needed some good food and a relaxing evening.
Day 4: Exploring Zihuatanejo, and a Culinary Revelation
- Morning: Finally got around to exploring Zihuatanejo town. Wandered through the colourful streets, browsing the shops, and soaking up the local atmosphere. The town is charming, a mix of old and new, with a relaxed, laid-back vibe.
- Lunch: Found a tiny little restaurant tucked away on a side street. The menu was handwritten, the place was packed with locals, and the food… oh, the food! I ordered something that I couldn't even pronounce, but it turned out to be the most delicious thing I'd ever tasted. It was a culinary revelation.
- Afternoon: Beach time (carefully avoiding any potential sea urchin encounters). Read my book, listened to the waves, and tried to forget about the sand flea bites.
- Evening: Farewell dinner. Found a lovely restaurant with a view of the bay. The food was delicious, the service was excellent, and the atmosphere was perfect. Reflecting on the trip, I realized that even with the setbacks, the near-death experiences, and the language barrier, this trip has been a true adventure.
Day 5: Departure and the Promise of Return
- Morning: Last breakfast at the hotel. Said goodbye to the staff. They were genuinely lovely.
- Departure: The flight back was uneventful, which was a welcome change.
- The Verdict: Zihuatanejo? It’s a place that gets under your skin. It’s not perfect. It's a little rough around the edges. But it’s authentic. It’s beautiful. And I can’t wait to go back. Maybe I’ll even learn some more Spanish next time. And definitely invest in some serious sand flea repellent.
This, my friends, is a travel itinerary. It's a mess. It's honest. It's me. And it's a memory I'll cherish forever. Hotel Tradicional Savaro, you were a part of it.
Unbelievable Osaka Luxury: Sanco Inn Yodoyabashi's Secret Hot Spring!
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Tradicional Savaro - The Real Deal (And Maybe a Little Bit Crazy)
Okay, spill the beans. Is this place *actually* paradise? Or just another Instagram trap?
Alright, alright, let's be real. "Paradise" is a loaded word, right? And yeah, I saw some *gorgeous* photos online, the kind that make you want to sell your kidney and move to Zihuatanejo permanently. Savaro? Well, it's not *exactly* what you see on Insta. It's more... authentic. Think less manicured lawns, more... well, let's just say the occasional gecko makes a guest appearance in your room. But the thing is… it *feels* like paradise. It’s the kind of place where you wake up to the sound of the ocean and the smell of fresh coffee, and the only schedule is the one you make yourself. It's got soul. And seriously, the sunsets? Forget about it. They're worth the price of admission (and the occasional rogue ant). Trust me, I've been there. I cried. Happy tears, mostly.
What's the vibe like at Savaro? Is it all honeymooners and yoga retreats?
Nope. Thank god. Look, I love a good honeymoon, but I don't want to *be* at one. Savaro is gloriously mixed. You've got everything from families with kids building sandcastles (and losing their hats to the waves, bless 'em) to backpacking couples sharing a bottle of something cheap and cheerful on the balcony. I even met a writer who was clearly there to escape a bad breakup. We bonded over tequila and the existential dread of not being able to find a decent avocado. It's a place where you can be yourself, whatever that self happens to be. It's wonderfully unpretentious. You can wear the same swimsuit three days in a row, and nobody will bat an eye. I *did* wear the same swimsuit three days in a row. Don't judge me, it was comfortable.
The rooms... are they luxurious? Or, you know, *clean*?
Okay, let's be honest. "Luxury" isn't exactly the word I'd use. Think "charming" meets "rustic" with a dash of "well-loved". The rooms are clean, yes. Like, properly clean. But they're not sterile. They feel lived-in, which is a good thing, because you *are* living in them. My room had a balcony that overlooked the ocean. I spent a solid afternoon just staring at it, mesmerized. And the air conditioning? Worked like a champ. Essential. Trust me on this. It's hot. So, no, not a Ritz-Carlton. But it's comfortable, it's functional, and it’s a million times better than some soulless chain hotel. Plus, you're in Zihuatanejo! You're not meant to spend your entire vacation *inside* the room, are you? You're meant to be *out* there, soaking it all in.
The food! Is it any good? Or am I doomed to a week of bland hotel breakfasts?
Oh, the food! This is where Savaro *really* shines. The breakfast is fantastic. Fresh fruit, strong coffee, and huevos rancheros that will make you weep (again, happy tears). And the little restaurant/bar overlooking the beach? Perfection. I'm talking fresh ceviche that tastes like sunshine, tacos al pastor that'll make you question every taco you've ever eaten before, and margaritas that are dangerously delicious. The staff are so friendly and helpful too, they'll make you feel like family. And did I mention the sunsets? You can sit there, drink a margarita, eat some tacos, and watch the sun disappear into the ocean. Pure bliss. I actually gained five pounds. Worth it. Absolutely worth it. I'm still dreaming about those tacos.
Is it close to the beach? Because, you know, I want to *be* on the beach.
Are you kidding me? It's *right on* the beach! Literally. You walk out of your room, and you're practically in the sand. I mean, you can hear the waves crashing from your bed. It's insane. You could probably roll out of bed, stumble down to the beach, and be in the water in under a minute. Don't do that, though. Put on some sunscreen, for the love of all that is holy. I saw a guy get *seriously* burned. Poor guy. Anyway, the beach is beautiful. The water is warm. You can swim, sunbathe, read a book, or just stare at the ocean and think about how lucky you are to be there. I did all of the above. Multiple times. And I'm still thinking about it. I miss it. A lot.
Okay, so what's the *catch*? What's the one thing that's not perfect?
Alright, here's the honest truth. There's always *something*, isn't there? For me, it was the internet. The Wi-Fi wasn't amazing. It worked, but it wasn't lightning-fast. So, if you're planning on streaming movies all day, or having back-to-back Zoom calls, maybe this isn't the place for you. But honestly? That's a *good* thing. It forces you to disconnect. To actually *be* present. To listen to the waves, not the incessant ping of notifications. It's a feature, not a bug, in my opinion. Embrace the digital detox! Read a book! Talk to the people around you! Look at the ocean! Seriously, the ocean is amazing. Just... be prepared to be slightly disconnected. And maybe download some movies beforehand. Just in case.
Tell me about the staff. Are they friendly? Do they speak English?
The staff at Savaro are, hands down, some of the friendliest people I've ever met. They're genuinely warm and welcoming. They make you feel like you're part of the family. And yes, they speak English. Some better than others, but communication was never a problem. I tried to speak a little Spanish, which they appreciated, even if I butchered it horribly. They were always patient and helpful, from arranging taxis to offering recommendations for restaurants. One of the waiters even helped me find a lost earring. (I'm clumsy, okay?). They're the heart and soul of the place, honestly. They make the experience.Hotel Hide Aways

