
Gramado's Hidden Gem: Hotel Monte Felice Centro - Unforgettable Stay!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the swirling, chocolate-scented wonderland that is Gramado, Brazil, and specifically, the Hotel Monte Felice Centro. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews – this is going to be a messy, honest, and hopefully, hilarious account. Let's get this show on the road!
Gramado's Hidden Gem: Hotel Monte Felice Centro – Unforgettable Stay? (Spoiler Alert: Mostly YES!)
Right, so first things first. I’m a total sucker for a good “hidden gem” and Monte Felice Centro claims to be one. And honestly? They ain't lying. From the moment you step inside, you're enveloped in this… thing. It’s hard to describe. It's like a hug from a very stylish, slightly eccentric aunt who knows how to throw a party.
The Vibe: Charm Offensive, Activated!
This isn’t your cold, clinical business hotel. The decor leans heavily into "cozy chalet meets… well, a touch of everything." Think warm wood, plush fabrics, and a slightly overwhelming number of decorative pillows. (Seriously, I almost lost a battle with a rogue cushion at one point.) The staff are genuinely friendly. They smile! They remember your name! (Or at least, they pretend to convincingly. Either way, I'm sold.)
Accessibility: The Nitty-Gritty (and the Good News!)
Listen, accessibility is a HUGE deal for me. I'm not going to pretend I know everything, but I always look for it. And Monte Felice Centro? They do a decent job.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes! Elevators, ramps… they've got it. (Though, some of the pathways around the pool area might be a little tricky. Worth checking with the hotel beforehand.)
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: They have rooms specifically designed for it. Ask!
- Elevator: Yes! No lugging luggage up five flights of stairs here. Thank the sweet baby Jesus.
Rooms: My Cozy Fortress (with a Few Quirks)
Okay, let's get real. The rooms are… well, they're lovely. My room had a balcony with a decent view, a comfy bed (with those aforementioned pillow-mountains), and a bathroom that didn't feel like a cramped airplane lavatory.
- Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
- Imperfections, the Honest Bit: The Wi-Fi, bless its digital soul, was a little spotty in my room sometimes. And the TV… well, let's just say it had a limited selection of channels, unless you're really into Brazilian soap operas. (Which, hey, no judgment.) Also, the "alarm clock" situation could use an upgrade. I woke up to the gentle hum of my phone, which is a bit less charming than a rooster crowing.
- The Extra Toilet: I found a room with an extra toilet! I found it to be a great feature.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound (Mostly!)
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms.
- The hotel seemed genuinely committed to cleanliness, which is a huge relief. Lots of hand sanitizer everywhere. The staff were wearing masks. And, bonus points, the common areas smelled faintly of… well, clean. Not that harsh, chemical smell, but a proper, "this place is safe" smell. Highly appreciated.
Dining: Fueling the Adventure (and My Waistline)
Okay, the food. This is where things get really interesting.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Western breakfast.
- Restaurants: A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant.
- Dining, drinking, and snacking: Alternative meal arrangement, Bar, Bottle of water, Coffee shop, Happy hour, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant.
- The Breakfast Buffet: A Culinary Carnival! This was the highlight of my mornings. Seriously. Forget the bland continental breakfasts of your youth. This had everything. Fresh fruit overflowing from bowls, pastries that practically begged to be devoured, and a selection of hot dishes that would make your grandma jealous. The coffee, though, was a bit weak for my taste. But the ambiance! The cheerful chatter, the scent of freshly baked bread… pure bliss.
- The Poolside Bar: The Perfect Hangout: The pool bar was a great place to relax, with a great view.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: From Spa Days to… Well, More Spa Days!
- Ways to relax: Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor].
- The Spa: A Slice of Heaven (and Possibly a Nap): I treated myself to a massage, and it was divine. I swear, I almost drifted off to sleep on the table. The spa area is tranquil and beautifully decorated.
- The Pool with a View: The outdoor pool is gorgeous. The view is stunning.
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
- The Staff: Above and Beyond: The concierge was a lifesaver, recommending restaurants, booking excursions, and generally making my life easier. Laundry service was prompt and efficient. And they had a little gift shop with some cute souvenirs.
For the Kids: Family Fun?
- For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal.
- I didn't have any kids with me, but I did see some families enjoying the pool and the playground. The hotel seemed very family-friendly.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Mostly)
- Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking.
- The hotel offers airport transfers. They have a free car park.
Final Verdict: Should You Stay Here?
Absolutely. Yes, the Wi-Fi could be better. And yes, the decor is a bit… much. But the charm, the service, the location, and the general vibe of the Monte Felice Centro make it a winner. It's not perfect, but it's real. It's got character. And it’s a fantastic base for exploring the magic of Gramado.
My Most Memorable Experience: The Lost Towel Incident (and the Kindness of Strangers)
Okay, this is where things get really messy. One morning, after a particularly vigorous swim, I managed to misplace my towel. Like, completely vanished. I searched everywhere. I checked under the sun loungers. I even (briefly) considered the possibility that a rogue monkey had stolen it.
Devastated, I slunk back to my room, towel-less and defeated. But then, a knock at the door! It was a member of
Escape to Paradise: Villa INN Costa A Tramonti, Italy - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Gramado, Brazil: Hotel Monte Felice Centro - A Messy, Magical Itinerary (Maybe)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated travel blog. This is me, raw and unfiltered, grappling with the cobblestones and chocolate of Gramado, Brazil. And let me tell you, it's a wild ride. I'm staying at Hotel Monte Felice Centro, which, from the photos, looks like a charming little Bavarian village has barfed up a hotel. We’ll see if the reality lives up to the Instagram hype. Here’s the (attempted) itinerary:
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Espresso Hunt (and a side of existential dread)
- Morning (or what passes for morning after a red-eye): Landed in Porto Alegre. The airport was a chaotic ballet of luggage carousels and stressed-out families. The transfer to Gramado was a blur of rolling hills and glimpses of vibrant, impossibly green landscapes. I spent the entire time fighting the urge to nap and feeling a profound sense of "am I really doing this?"
- Lunch: Arrived at the Hotel Monte Felice Centro. The lobby is charming! Think gingerbread house meets cozy ski lodge. Check-in was… well, let's just say the receptionist was clearly having a rough day. But she eventually sorted things out, and I'm in my room, which is… cozy. Maybe a little too cozy. The view is of… a wall. Okay, fine, I can deal.
- Afternoon: The Espresso Quest: This is the most important thing, people. I need coffee. Good coffee. The hotel coffee is… well, let's just say it’s not going to win any awards. So, the mission is a hunt for the perfect espresso. Wandered the streets, got hopelessly lost within five minutes, and stumbled upon a tiny café called "Café da Praça". The espresso? Divine. Pure liquid gold. I swear, that first sip erased all the travel fatigue and existential angst. I almost cried. (Don't judge me, the altitude is a thing.)
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant recommended by the receptionist (after she finally cracked a smile). It was called "Cantina Pastasciutta" and it was… a lot of pasta. So much pasta. I ordered the carbonara, and it was so rich I felt like I'd swallowed a block of butter. But hey, I'm on vacation, right? Then, back to the hotel, collapsing into my bed, and feeling a strange mix of exhaustion and elation.
Day 2: Chocolate, Cobblestones, and the Unexpected Tears
- Morning: Chocolate Overload: Gramado is known for chocolate, and I'm here to indulge. First stop: a chocolate factory (because, duh). The air was thick with the scent of cocoa, and I felt like I'd died and gone to heaven. Sampled everything. Literally everything. Fudge, truffles, bonbons… I may or may not have eaten my weight in chocolate. My teeth are probably screaming.
- Mid-Morning: Wandering the Cobblestones: After the sugar rush, I decided to walk it off. Gramado is ridiculously picturesque. The streets are cobblestone, the buildings are charming, and it feels like a movie set. I got hopelessly lost again (sensing a theme?), but in the best way possible. Found a little park, sat on a bench, and just… breathed. This is what vacation is supposed to feel like, right?
- Lunch: Found a cute little bakery and had a savory pastry. It was delicious, but I was still haunted by the memory of that carbonara from last night. The pasta coma is a real thing.
- Afternoon: Lago Negro and the Unexpected Waterworks: Okay, Lago Negro. The Black Lake. They say it's beautiful. And it is. But what I wasn't prepared for was the overwhelming sense of… nostalgia? Melancholy? I have no idea. But as I stood there, watching the boats glide across the water, I started crying. Just… ugly crying. Right there in front of everyone. I guess the jet lag finally caught up with me. Or maybe it was the beauty of it all. Or maybe I was just tired of being alone. Whatever it was, it was intense. I quickly dabbed my eyes and blamed it on the wind (it wasn't windy).
- Evening: Dinner at a restaurant that promised "Brazilian flavors". It was… interesting. I ordered something that looked like a giant meatball, and it came with a side of what I think was mashed yucca. It was an experience, let's just say that. Back to the hotel, feeling a little emotionally drained and a lot physically full.
Day 3: The Plan (Maybe), and a Farewell Espresso (Hopefully)
- Morning: Wake up. Assess the damage. My suitcase is a disaster. My stomach is protesting. My brain is still in a chocolate-induced haze. Today, I plan to visit Mini Mundo (a miniature park) and maybe the Catedral de Pedra (Stone Cathedral). But honestly? I might just stay in bed and read.
- Late Morning: Okay, I did manage to get out of bed. Maybe I will go to Mini Mundo.
- Lunch: Possibly a quick bite at a cafe. I'm thinking something light, something that won't require a nap.
- Afternoon: The Cathedral. Then, back to the Chocolate shop.
- Evening: Last dinner. I will try to be adventurous and not eat pasta or meat. Maybe I'll find a nice bar and have a cocktail.
- Late Evening: One last espresso from Café da Praça. Just to savor the magic one last time.
Imperfections and Ramblings:
- I forgot my adapter. Rookie mistake. Luckily, the hotel had one, but it cost me a small fortune.
- I'm terrible at Portuguese. My attempts to speak it have resulted in a lot of confused stares and the occasional burst of laughter.
- The Wi-Fi in my room is terrible. This is a major first-world problem, I know, but still.
- I keep getting lost. Seriously, I need a GPS. Or a sherpa.
- I'm starting to think I might be addicted to chocolate.
- I miss my dog.
Overall:
Gramado is a magical place. It's beautiful, charming, and full of delicious food (and chocolate). It's also a little overwhelming. And messy. And sometimes, it makes me cry. But in a good way, I think. It's an experience. And that's what matters, right? Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find some more espresso. And maybe a chocolate truffle. Don't tell anyone.
Escape to the Majestic Blue Ridge Mountains: Your Dream Stay at Homestead Inn
Hotel Monte Felice Centro: Your Gramado Adventure - The Unfiltered Truth (and a Few Tears)
Okay, spill. Is the Hotel Monte Felice Centro REALLY as good as the pictures?
Ugh, the pictures. They're *gorgeous*, aren't they? Like, Pinterest-perfect. Let me be brutally honest: it's... mostly true. The lobby? Stunning. That fireplace? Yeah, it's real, and I spent an embarrassing amount of time just staring at it, pretending I was in a Hallmark movie. The rooms? Generally, yes, they're lovely. But… (and there's always a but, isn't there?)… sometimes the lighting in the pictures is a *lie*. My room wasn't *quite* as sun-drenched as the website suggested, but hey, at least I didn't need sunglasses indoors! So, yeah, it's good. Really good. Just… manage your expectations a *smidge*. Think "romantic, cozy, and Instagram-worthy," not "Photoshopped perfection." I still loved it. Seriously, I'm a sucker for a good lobby.
What's the breakfast like? Because I'm a breakfast snob.
Alright, fellow breakfast enthusiast, buckle up. This is important. The breakfast at Monte Felice? It's a *situation*. First, the good: fresh fruit, a decent selection of breads (including, thankfully, *pão de queijo*!), and the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, etc. The coffee? Pretty good. Brazilian coffee, you know? Always a solid bet. Now, the *situation*: It can get *busy*. Like, "competing for a waffle iron" busy. One morning, I swear, I saw a woman practically wrestle another guest for the last guava pastry. It was intense. So, my advice? Go early. Or, embrace the chaos. Or, you know, just skip the waffles and load up on the *pão de queijo*. Your stomach will thank you. Honestly, even with the breakfast battle royale, I’d happily eat there again. Just…strategically.
Is it really "in the center" of Gramado? Because that's what they say.
Yes! Mostly! It’s pretty darn central. Like, you can stumble out the door (after a few *caipirinhas*, of course) and be right in the thick of things. The main street, Rua Coberta, is a hop, skip, and a giggle away. You're close to shops, restaurants, and all the touristy stuff (which, let's be honest, is part of the fun). I walked *everywhere*. Okay, maybe not *everywhere*, but I barely used a taxi. It's a HUGE plus. Being able to pop back to the hotel for a quick nap after a day of shopping and chocolate consumption? Priceless. Seriously, that location is worth its weight in… well, chocolate. Gramado chocolate. Mmm.
What about the staff? Are they friendly? Do they speak English? (I'm terrible at Portuguese).
Okay, the staff. This is where things get… warm and fuzzy. Generally, yes, they're lovely. They try *really* hard. English proficiency varies, but they're patient and eager to help (which is a godsend for someone like me who can barely order a coffee in Portuguese without looking like a complete idiot). I had a minor issue with my air conditioning (it was a *heatwave*, people!) and they fixed it *immediately*. And I mean *immediately*. Someone was at my door within minutes. That kind of service? Totally made up for my inability to pronounce "obrigado" correctly. There was even this one woman, I think her name was Maria, who always greeted me with a smile and a "Bom dia!" She made me feel like I was actually *welcome*. That kind of genuine warmth? That's what makes a hotel a home. Or, you know, a really comfy temporary home. I almost cried when I left. Almost.
Any downsides? Be honest!
Alright, let's get this over with. No place is perfect. First, the elevators. They’re… small. And sometimes slow. Be prepared to potentially share an intimate elevator ride with a family of eight and a suitcase the size of a small car. Also, the Wi-Fi can be a bit… spotty. Perfect if you're trying to digitally detox, not so great if you're trying to, you know, actually *work*. And… (this is a minor quibble, but still) the soundproofing isn't the *best*. You *might* hear your neighbors. Especially if they're, ahem, celebrating a little *too* enthusiastically. But honestly? These are nitpicks. The location, the charm, the friendly staff… they outweigh the minor inconveniences. Look, every hotel has its quirks. This one's quirks are, in my opinion, pretty darn lovable.
Tell me about the atmosphere. Romantic? Family-friendly? Party central?
Definitely NOT party central. Thank goodness. It’s more… romantic and cozy. Think couples snuggling by the fireplace (yup, that real one!), families enjoying breakfast together, and the general feeling of “ahhh, relaxation.” I saw a few families, mostly well-behaved kids. It’s not the kind of place where you'd expect wild karaoke nights or anything. It’s more about sipping wine, strolling hand-in-hand, and soaking up the charm of Gramado. I went solo, and even I felt a little… romantic. Okay, maybe just wistful. But still! It’s a place that makes you want to slow down, breathe, and appreciate the little things. Unless you're fighting for a waffle, of course. Then it's every person for themselves.
Is it Worth the Price?
Okay, this is the big one. Is it worth it? Look, travel is expensive, and Gramado isn't exactly budget-friendly. But? YES. I truly think it's worth the price. I've stayed in hotels that cost *way* more and offered *way* less. The location alone is a huge selling point. Add in the charm, the genuinely nice staff, and the overall feeling of… well, happiness… and it's a win. Now, I’m not saying it’s cheap, but it’s a good value. A really good value. Think of it as an investment in your happiness. And a good night’s sleep. And maybe a few extra *pão de queijos*. You won’t regret it. I'm already planning my return.Stay By City

