Escape to Paradise: Crete's Momi Slow Living Hotel Awaits

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Crete's Momi Slow Living Hotel Awaits

Escape to Paradise: Momi Slow Living Hotel - Crete Review (The Honest, Rambling Version)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to tell you about the Momi Slow Living Hotel in Crete. Forget the glossy brochures and perfectly posed Instagram pics – I'm going to give you the real deal, warts and all (and hopefully, mostly without the warts). This isn't just a review; it's a journey. A slightly chaotic, possibly opinionated, and definitely unfiltered journey.

First things first: Accessibility. Look, I'm not in a wheelchair, but I do appreciate a hotel that actually thinks about accessibility. Momi gets some serious points here. While I didn't personally test every inch, the layout seemed thoughtfully considered, with elevators (thank god), and what appeared to be ramps and wider doorways. They've clearly put in the effort, and that's a huge win in my book. Facilities for disabled guests is definitely on their list.

On-site accessible restaurants/lounges? I didn't specifically ask about this, but the main restaurant and bar areas seemed pretty open and navigable. Best to double-check when you book, though, just to be sure. Don't be afraid to call and ask!

Internet Access: Okay, let's talk Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! And it actually works! I mean, I could stream movies, video call my mom (sorry, Mom!), and generally avoid the crippling withdrawal of being offline. They also offer Internet [LAN], which, let's be honest, is for serious nerds, but hey, it's there. Internet services are available, and Wi-Fi in public areas – again, it's good. No complaints here!

Now, let's dive into the juicy stuff: Things to do, ways to relax. This is where Momi really shines.

  • Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Whew! That's a mouthful. Basically, they've got you covered if you want to be pampered. The pool with a view is stunning. Seriously, drop-dead gorgeous. I spent a solid hour just floating, staring at the turquoise water and the mountains in the distance. It was pure bliss. The sauna and steamroom were also top-notch, perfect for melting away any lingering stress. I'm not a huge gym/fitness person, but I peeked in, and it looked well-equipped. And the spa… oh, the spa. I treated myself to a massage, and it was, hands down, one of the best I've ever had. The masseuse was incredibly skilled, and the whole experience was incredibly relaxing. I almost fell asleep. Almost. My only regret? Not getting a body wrap. Next time, for sure.

Cleanliness and safety: Okay, this is crucial, especially these days. Momi seems to have taken this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere, Hygiene certification, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They even have Rooms sanitized between stays, and you can Room sanitization opt-out available if you're weirded out by it. They also have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Safe dining setup, and Cashless payment service. Feeling safe is important.

Dining, drinking, and snacking: This is where things get interesting (and where I probably gained five pounds).

  • A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. Holy moly! The options are endless. The breakfast buffet was a treat. Fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, eggs cooked any way you like… it was a glorious carb-filled feast. I'm a sucker for a good coffee/tea in restaurant, and the poolside bar was perfect for sipping cocktails while soaking up the sun. The restaurants offered a range of cuisines, from local Cretan dishes to international fare. I particularly enjoyed the desserts in restaurant – the baklava was to die for! Happy hour was, of course, a highlight. And the 24-hour room service? Genius. Especially after a few too many cocktails at the bar. The snack bar was also super convenient for a quick bite by the pool.

I was actually really impressed with the vegetarian restaurant options. They weren't just an afterthought; they were delicious and creative. The alternative meal arrangement option is good, and they were very accommodating with dietary restrictions.

Services and conveniences: The usual suspects, but done well. Air conditioning in public area, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events. The concierge was incredibly helpful with recommendations and bookings. The daily housekeeping kept everything spotless. And the elevator was a lifesaver.

  • The Air conditioning in public area was welcome in the Cretan heat.
  • I appreciated the concierge service, they were always helpful.
  • The Elevator was much appreciated.
  • The Luggage storage was helpful.

For the kids: Didn't travel with kids, but they have Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal. I saw some kids having a blast in the pool, so seems like a good option.

Access, Security, and all that jazz: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms. Felt very safe and secure.

Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service, Valet parking. Easy access to everything.

Available in all rooms: The list is long, but let's hit the highlights: Air conditioning, Bathrobes, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. The bathrobes were fluffy, the blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in, and the free bottled water was a lifesaver in the heat. The Wi-Fi [free] worked great.

The Anecdote: Okay, the best part. I arrived a bit frazzled after a delayed flight. The check-in was smooth (thanks, Contactless check-in/out), and I was whisked away to my room. I threw open the window that opens, and breathed in the fresh, salty air. That's when it hit me: I was actually on vacation. I put on my bathrobe (because, why not?) and ordered a bottle of water (and maybe a small glass of wine) from room service [24-hour]. I sat on the balcony and listened to the crickets, feeling all my stress melt away. It was pure, unadulterated bliss.

The Imperfections: Look, no place is perfect. The lighting in the bathroom was a little dim (minor gripe). The coffee shop could have used a few more options. And sometimes, the music at the poolside bar was a little…cheesy. But honestly, these are minor quibbles.

The Verdict:

Momi Slow Living Hotel is a winner. It's stylish, comfortable, and offers a fantastic range of amenities. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the overall vibe is relaxed and welcoming. It's perfect for a relaxing getaway.

SEO & Persuasive Offer:

Escape to Paradise: Book Your Crete Getaway at Momi Slow Living Hotel!

Tired of the same old stressful routine? Craving sun-drenched beaches, breathtaking views, and a chance to truly unwind? Then look no further than the Momi Slow Living Hotel in Crete!

Why Choose Momi?

  • Unforgettable Relaxation: Indulge in our luxurious spa with a massage, soak up the sun by the pool with a view, or simply relax in your stylish room with free Wi-Fi.
  • **
Luxury Airport Escape: Ho Chi Minh's Republic Plaza Serviced Apartments

Book Now

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Mess-Up: A Crete Chaos Chronicle (AKA My Slow Living Hotel Adventure)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed. This is the real, sun-kissed, slightly-sunburned, and utterly chaotic account of my "slow living" escape to the Momi Slow Living Hotel in Crete. I’m talking less “Zen Master” and more “Zen Master’s slightly stressed-out cousin who forgot to pack sunscreen.”

Day 1: Arrival & Accidental Olive Oil Nirvana (and a near-disaster with the luggage)

  • Morning (or what passes for morning after a red-eye): Landed in Heraklion. Let me tell you, the airport felt less like a gateway to paradise and more like a crowded marketplace where everyone knew what they were doing except me. Found the pre-booked transfer – a nice, slightly grumpy Cretan gentleman named Dimitri (I swear he judged my outfit. I was going for "chic traveler," ended up looking like "lost tourist"). The drive to Momi was… well, scenic. Mountains, olive groves, the kind of views that make you want to shout "I'M ALIVE!" (which, considering the lack of sleep, I probably should have).

  • Afternoon: Check-in & Luggage Panic: The hotel itself? Gorgeous. Stone walls, bougainvillea cascading everywhere, the promise of serenity practically radiating from the lobby. Then disaster struck. My luggage? MIA. Apparently, it was still gallivanting around somewhere in Europe. Cue the internal meltdown. I was stranded in paradise with only the clothes on my back (and a truly unfortunate pair of emergency socks). The staff, bless their patient hearts, were amazing. They offered me a complimentary welcome drink (a local raki, which tasted like liquid sunshine and existential dread) and assured me my bags would arrive… eventually.

  • Late Afternoon: Olive Oil Revelation: While waiting (and mentally composing a strongly worded email to the airline), I stumbled upon the hotel’s olive oil tasting. Now, I’m not usually one for olive oil. I pour it on my salad, I move on. But this… this was a revelation. The guide, a charming woman with eyes that crinkled when she smiled, explained the different varieties, the harvesting process, the passion behind it all. We tasted different oils, each with its own distinct flavor profile. I swear, I could taste the sunshine, the salty air, the very soul of Crete. I bought a bottle. And then another. And then another. I'm pretty sure I now smell vaguely of olives.

  • Evening: Dinner & the Lonely Sock Saga: Dinner at the hotel restaurant was divine. Fresh seafood, local wine (which, after the raki, went down much easier), and the most stunning sunset I’ve ever seen. But the constant, nagging presence of the missing luggage… it cast a shadow. I ended up spending the evening strategically hiding my emergency socks under the table. They were, let’s just say, not the most stylish companions.

Day 2: Beach Bliss (and a near-death experience with a sun lounger)

  • Morning: Beach Combing & the Unexpected Power of Sand: After a surprisingly comfortable night's sleep (despite the sock situation), I made a beeline for the beach. The water was crystal clear, the sand was soft, and the sun was… well, it was intense. I spent the morning wandering, collecting seashells, and feeling my worries slowly melt away. The sheer simplicity of it, the rhythm of the waves, the warmth on my skin… it was pure bliss.

  • Afternoon: Sun Lounger Showdown: Ah, yes. The sun loungers. The bane of my existence. I managed to secure one (a victory in itself), but then I attempted to adjust it. Let’s just say, I ended up doing a graceful (read: clumsy) backflip off the thing. I think I may have also taken out a small child in the process. Thankfully, no serious injuries (though my dignity took a serious hit).

  • Late Afternoon: Doubling Down on the Beach: I retreated to the beach, slightly bruised but determined. I spent the rest of the afternoon swimming, reading, and attempting to perfect my tan (which, let’s be honest, is more of a work-in-progress than a masterpiece). I also had a long conversation with a particularly friendly seagull who seemed very interested in my snacks.

  • Evening: The Luggage Miracle (and a celebratory feast): Just as I was starting to resign myself to a life of sock-related shame, my luggage arrived! The relief was overwhelming. I felt like I'd won the lottery. I celebrated with a massive dinner at the hotel restaurant, ordering everything on the menu (and maybe a bottle of champagne for good measure). The emergency socks were officially retired.

Day 3: Exploring Chania & the Accidental Souvenir Shop Sweep

  • Morning: Chania City Trip: Took a taxi to Chania. Omg, the Venetian harbor! Cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, the smell of fresh bread and the promise of adventure. I got lost. Repeatedly. But that's part of the fun, right? Wandering down hidden alleyways, discovering tiny shops, and feeling like I’d stepped back in time.

  • Afternoon: Souvenir Shopping Spree (and Regret): Let's just say, I went a little overboard in the souvenir shops. I bought olive oil (again), a hand-painted ceramic plate (which I'm terrified of breaking), and a ridiculously oversized sun hat (which I now wear everywhere). I spent way too much money. But hey, you only live once, right? (And besides, I can always blame the olive oil).

  • Late Afternoon: Back to the Hotel & the Pool: After all the exploring, I was exhausted. Back at Momi, I found my happy place: the pool. Sipping a cocktail, floating in the water, and letting the sun dry me off. Pure bliss.

  • Evening: Farewell Dinner & the Promise of More Chaos: My last night at Momi. The staff gave me an extra raki to remember them by. I’m feeling sentimental. And slightly tipsy. This trip has been messy, imperfect, and everything I didn't expect. I’ve gotten lost, almost died on a sun lounger, and spent way too much money on souvenirs. But I’ve also tasted the best olive oil of my life, met some incredible people, and rediscovered the simple joy of doing absolutely nothing. Crete, you beautiful, chaotic mess, I’ll be back. And next time, I'm bringing two pairs of emergency socks. Just in case.

My Momi Must-Dos:

  • Olive Oil Tasting: Seriously, do it. Even if you don't like olive oil (you will).
  • Beach Time: Enough said.
  • Chania: Get lost. Get adventurous.
  • Raki (and lots of it): Embrace the local spirit.
  • Embrace the Chaos: Because in the end, that’s where the real adventure lies.

Next time? I'm bringing a bigger suitcase, a better hat, and maybe a crash course in sun lounger etiquette. And probably more olive oil.

Escape to Paradise: Tirana's Xheko Imperial Luxury Hotel & Spa Awaits

Book Now

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Okay, spill the tea. Is this Momi Slow Living Hotel actually *slow* living? Like, painfully slow, or blissfully slow? Because my life moves at the speed of a caffeinated hummingbird.

Alright, buckle up, buttercup, because I'm about to get real. Momi *attempts* slow living. Emphasis on *attempts*. My first day? I swear I felt like I was stuck in a time warp. Breakfast took two hours. TWO HOURS! Not because the food was complicated (it was delicious, don't get me wrong, the honey was divine), but because everything... *drizzled*. Like a slow-motion honey pour. At first, I was twitching. I was checking my phone every five seconds, feeling this primal urge to... *do something*. Then, somewhere around the second cup of Cretan coffee, something shifted. I actually *watched* the olive tree outside the window. Like, *really* watched it. The slow pace, the gentle rhythm... it eventually seeped in. It took a day or two to truly *decompress*, but eventually, yeah, it was blissfully slow. Just be prepared to adjust your internal clock. And maybe bring a good book. Or five.

The pictures are gorgeous. Is it actually as photogenic as it looks? Because Instagram lies, you know?

Okay, okay, the photos... they're stunning. And yes, it's *mostly* as gorgeous in real life. But here's the truth bomb: the photos conveniently omit the occasional rogue mosquito, the slightly wonky door handle in my room (which, let's be honest, added character!), and the fact that the "infinity pool" is, well, not *actually* infinite. It's lovely, don't get me wrong, but it has a definite edge. And sometimes, when the wind picks up, you get a delightful mist of sea spray. Which is, frankly, fantastic. My point is, it's beautiful, but it's *lived in* beautiful. Not a sterile, airbrushed fantasy. And that's what makes it special. Also, the sunsets? Unedited, pure, unadulterated magic. Seriously. I cried. Just a little. Don't judge me.

What's the food like? I'm a picky eater, and I'm secretly terrified of weird Greek things.

Alright, let's talk food. As a self-proclaimed picky eater myself (I once survived entirely on chicken nuggets for a week – don't tell anyone!), I was cautiously optimistic. The good news? They cater to all sorts. There's plenty of fresh, delicious, *understandable* food. Think grilled fish, amazing salads with tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes (a revelation!), and the most incredible bread you'll ever eat. The bad news? They *do* have some "weird Greek things." I bravely tried something called "horta" (wild greens). It was...green. And slightly bitter. I choked it down. But the feta? Oh, the feta! Creamy, salty, perfect. And the olive oil? Liquid gold. Honestly, even if you're a picky eater, you'll find something to love. Just be prepared to expand your horizons, even if it's just a *tiny* bit. And maybe bring some emergency snacks, just in case. You know, for the "horta" moments.

Tell me about the rooms. Are they luxurious? Are they clean? Are they cramped? Give me the lowdown!

The rooms… ah, the rooms. Okay, "luxurious" is a subjective term. They're not the Ritz, but they're charming. Think whitewashed walls, simple decor, and a balcony with a killer view. My room? It was clean. Immaculate, even. And the bed? Heaven. I swear, I haven't slept that well in *years*. Cramped? Not particularly. You won't be ballroom dancing in your room, but there's enough space to breathe, relax, and maybe do a little yoga (if you're into that sort of thing, which I am *not*). The only slight downside? The aforementioned wonky door handle. And the occasional rogue gecko. But hey, it's part of the charm, right? And the view from my balcony made me forget all about the door handle issues. It was genuinely breathtaking, the kind of view that makes you want to just sit there and stare for hours, losing yourself in the beauty of it all. Okay, I'm rambling. But the rooms are good. Really good.

What's there to *do*? I get bored easily. Is it just… sitting around?

Okay, this is a valid concern. If you're the type who needs constant stimulation, Momi might be a challenge. But hear me out! There's plenty to do, if you're willing to embrace the "slow" aspect. You can swim in the pool (duh), wander down to the beach (gorgeous!), read a book (highly recommended), get a massage (yes, please!), and hike around the area. They also offer cooking classes (which I'm slightly ashamed to admit I completely failed at, but the food was still amazing), and you can explore nearby villages. I spent one glorious afternoon just wandering the streets, getting hopelessly lost (in a good way), and stumbling upon a tiny little cafe where I had the best iced coffee of my life. The key is to be open to whatever comes your way. Embrace the unexpected. And maybe, just maybe, learn to enjoy doing absolutely nothing. It's a skill, I promise. And a very valuable one.

Is it family-friendly? I'm traveling with kids who have the attention span of a goldfish.

Okay, this is a tricky one. Momi is *technically* family-friendly, but it's probably not the ideal place if you're expecting a kids' club and a water park. There's no dedicated kids' facilities. There's a lot of open space, the pool is lovely, and the beach is nearby, so there are definitely things for kids to enjoy, but it's more about fostering a connection with nature and embracing a slower pace. If your kids are used to constant stimulation, they might get bored. If they're adaptable and enjoy exploring, they might love it. I saw a few families there who seemed to be having a wonderful time, and I saw a few kids who looked... well, a little restless. So, weigh it up. Consider your kids' personalities. And maybe bring a few extra activities, just in case. And lots of snacks. Snacks are always a good idea.

What's the best part about the whole experience? Give me the *one thing* that made it worth it.

Okay, this is easy. The best part? The people. The staff at Momi are genuinely wonderful. They're not just friendly; they're warm, welcoming, and genuinely care about your experience. They remember your name, your coffee order, and even your random, rambling storiesHoneymoon Havenst

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece

Momi Slow Living Hotel Crete Island Greece