
Kolkata Xanadu 903: Pool, Airport, & City Center Luxury!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we’re diving headfirst into the glittering, possibly slightly-overhyped world of Kolkata Xanadu 903: Pool, Airport, & City Center Luxury! I'm not gonna lie, I'm expecting a bit of a rollercoaster, and after all, this is a review, not a perfectly polished brochure. Let’s get messy!
First Impressions (and the Airport Shuffle):
Okay, let's be real, the airport transfer is a godsend. After a flight, you're basically a zombie, and the idea of navigating Kolkata traffic on your own? Shudder. Xanadu's got you covered. They whisk you away, and that’s the first convenience box checked. But let’s be honest, this is Kolkata, and even "luxury" can have a little… character. Maybe a slightly dusty car, maybe a driver who's very chatty. Embrace it! It's part of the experience.
Accessibility & Safety: The Good, the Bad, and the "Almost There":
Alright, the important stuff. Accessibility. They do list "Facilities for disabled guests," which is a good start. But the devil's in the details. I'm craving specifics! Are the elevator and public areas truly wheelchair-friendly? Are the rooms wheelchair accessible? This needs more clarification, Xanadu! I'm hoping for ramps, wide doorways, and accessible bathrooms, not just a general "we're trying" vibe.
Cleanliness and Safety is where things get interesting, especially post-pandemic. They’re touting anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and room sanitization between stays. That's reassuring, and the hygiene certification is a plus. But even with all that, I'd still be packing my own hand sanitizer (just in case!). It’s the Kolkata thing. Trust, but verify. And, hey, the doctor/nurse on call is a nice touch.
The CCTV in common areas and outside property is a good thing. It’s a big city, and a little extra security never hurts. Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and security [24-hour] are absolute necessities.
Rooms: A Symphony of Comfort (and Maybe a Few Quirks):
Okay, the rooms. They promise luxury. Let's see. Air conditioning? Check. Free Wi-Fi? Double check. Bathrobes? Ooh, fancy. Blackout curtains? Yes, please! Kolkata sunshine can be brutal. They boast complimentary tea, coffee/tea maker, and free bottled water. I'm picturing myself, sprawled on the sofa with a cup of Darjeeling and a good book. Extra long bed? Excellent for those of us who are taller than the average Indian. The mirror and hair dryer are essential, of course. In-room safe box? Always appreciated. And the separate shower/bathtub is a definite plus.
But here's a thought: Room sanitization opt-out available? Interesting. I'd want to know more about that. Are they giving guests a choice? Good for them.
The "Things to Do" Extravaganza (and My Inner Couch Potato):
Alright, here's where the "luxury" really kicks in. The swimming pool? Yes, please! Especially if it's a pool with a view. I'm all about that Insta-worthy moment. And the gym/fitness center is a good idea… in theory. Let's be honest, after a few days of Kolkata street food, I'll probably be more interested in the spa. Massage? Body scrub? Sauna? Sign me up! Maybe I’ll even try the steamroom. (But I'm secretly hoping for a foot bath… because, traveling.)
Food & Drink: A Culinary Adventure (with a Few Caveats):
This is where things get messy and delicious. Restaurants are a must-have, and Xanadu has several. They claim Asian, Western, and International cuisines. Buffet in restaurant? Always fun. A la carte in restaurant? Even better for picky eaters like me. The poolside bar sounds tempting. Happy hour? YES! And the snack bar is perfect for those late-night cravings. Room service [24-hour] is a lifesaver. But I'm a bit wary of vegetarian restaurant listings. I need to know if they actually do vegetarian properly!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter:
Concierge is a must. Doorman? Appreciated. Daily housekeeping? Crucial. Laundry service and dry cleaning? Wonderful. The convenience store is a lifesaver for forgotten essentials. Cash withdrawal? Necessary. Currency exchange? Handy. Luggage storage? Always useful. The gift/souvenir shop is a great idea. Ironing service? Yes, please. Car park [free of charge] is a huge plus. Car power charging station? A sign of the times.
For the Kids (and Those Who Are Still Kids at Heart):
Babysitting service? Kids facilities? Family/child friendly? Great! I'm not a parent, but I appreciate seeing that they are accommodating families.
The Bottom Line (and My Recommendation):
Kolkata Xanadu 903 sounds promising. It seems to offer a good balance of comfort, convenience, and hopefully, a touch of luxury. I'm a little skeptical about the exact level of accessibility and the food, but the other amenities are very appealing. The pool with a view, the spa, and the 24-hour room service are definitely selling points.
My Quirky Recommendation:
Look, this isn't going to be flawless. This is Kolkata. But if you're looking for a comfortable base to explore the city, with a little pampering thrown in, Xanadu 903 could be a good choice. Just pack a sense of humor, a good book, and maybe your own hand sanitizer. And definitely take advantage of that airport transfer!
The Offer: Snag a Slice of Xanadu!
Book your stay at Kolkata Xanadu 903 this month and receive:
- A complimentary welcome drink at the poolside bar. (Because you deserve it.)
- A 20% discount on spa treatments. (Massage, anyone?)
- Free airport transfer. (Because we know you want to avoid the traffic.)
- Early check-in (subject to availability). (Get that relaxation started ASAP!)
- A complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony (subject to availability) (For that perfect view of the city!).
Why Book Now?
Because Kolkata is calling! And after a long day of exploring, you deserve to come back to a place that will pamper you. Book now, and let Xanadu be your home away from home. Let's be honest, you deserve a little luxury. Don't forget to check if your room is actually wheelchair accessible!
Disclaimer: This review is based on the information provided and my own (slightly cynical) expectations. Actual experiences may vary. Happy travels!
Bohol's BEST Loft Getaway: M&K's Guesthouse Studio B Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the chaotic, glorious mess that is my Kolkata adventure. This isn't your pristine, perfectly-edited travelogue. This is the raw, unvarnished truth, complete with questionable decisions, questionable food choices, and a whole lotta love for this crazy city.
Kolkata Chaos: A Stream of Consciousness Itinerary (aka, My Brain on Biryani)
Day 1: Xanadu 903 (The Pool of Dreams…or Drowning?)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up in Xanadu 903. Okay, first things first: that pool. Xanadu 903 is, in my humble opinion, a fancy-pants hotel with a name that screams "expensive and pretentious." But hey, the pool! I was so excited! Except… it was freezing. Like, teeth-chattering, goosebump-inducing freezing. I bravely dipped a toe in. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Abandoned ship. Instead, had a lukewarm coffee in my room. Great start, right?
- Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Scored some breakfast. It was supposed to be "continental," but I am pretty sure a street dog could have cooked a better omelet. The toast? Stone. The juice? Concentrated sadness. I’m starting to think this fancy hotel business isn’t all it's cracked up to be. Seriously, how hard is it to make a decent omelet?
- Late Morning (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Contemplation hour. Sat on my balcony, staring out at the… well, I'm not sure what I was staring at. The city wasn't particularly visible. Probably pollution. The air quality is something else. The realization that I'm alone in a foreign city and the pool is too cold is starting to hit me.
- Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Decided I needed a mood booster. Ordered room service. Chicken tikka masala. It was…okay. Nothing to write home about. Except, well, I am writing home about it. And now I’m wondering if I should have just ventured out and found some authentic street food. Regret setting in already.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Actually, I was supposed to relax by the pool. I did not. I ended up napping. That's okay.
- Evening (4:00 PM - 7:00 PM): The hotel's spa was an absolute rip-off. Seriously, the massage felt like a gentle tickle. I might as well have just rubbed lotion on myself. I was in a horrible mood for the evening.
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): Dinner. Decided to take a walk to find a place. It was a disaster. Ended up eating at a place that looked like it hadn’t been cleaned since the British Raj. Food poisoning imminent. The worst part? The waiter kept calling me "Madam." I'm not a "Madam." I'm just… me.
Day 2: Kolkata Airport & City Centre 2 - The Thrill of the Hunt (and the Fear of Getting Lost)
- Morning (6:00 AM - 7:00 AM): Okay, time to face the music. Checked out of Xanadu 903 (good riddance, you overpriced disappointment!). Headed to the airport. The taxi ride was an experience. The driver was a maniac. Honking. Swerving. Nearly hitting a cow. It was exhilarating and terrifying all at once.
- Airport (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Airport chaos. The lines were long, the security was thorough. I was pretty sure I accidentally set off the metal detector with my anxiety. Managed to find a passable coffee and a stale croissant. I'm starting to think I have some kind of curse when it comes to food.
- Transport (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Took a taxi to City Centre 2. The drive was a blur of honking, rickshaws, and vibrant chaos. I could feel the city's pulse. I think I love it.
- City Centre 2 (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): This is where things got interesting. I wandered around, got lost (multiple times), and stumbled upon some incredible street food. The momos were a revelation! Spicy, flavorful, and dirt cheap. I ate so many, I thought I was going to explode.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Went to a bookshop. I love bookshops! Especially in a foreign country.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): Tried to visit the Victoria Memorial. But the heat was brutal. I think I sweat off five pounds just walking to the entrance. Gave up and ducked into a shady park. Found a bench and watched the world go by. This is what I came here for, right? To experience the everyday life of a city.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): A new restaurant I was recommended. The food was sensational. The best meal I have ever had. So much flavour. I was utterly and completely happy.
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): Walked back to my hotel. The city was buzzing with life. People everywhere. The smells, the sounds, the sheer energy of it all… I was completely captivated.
Day 3: A Repeat Performance? (aka, More Biryani)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Woke up. The hotel breakfast was a repeat of yesterday's disappointment. I skipped it.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Back to the street food! I found a stall that served the most incredible biryani. Seriously, this was life-changing biryani. I’m pretty sure I ate enough to feed a small army. The spice level was intense, but the flavor was unbelievable. I almost cried. It was that good. I'm seriously considering staying in Kolkata just to eat biryani for the rest of my life. Maybe I'll become a biryani connoisseur.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): I tried to visit a museum. Got overwhelmed by the crowds and the heat and ended up sitting in a park, people-watching.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 5:00 PM): I spent some time with a local. He was amazing. He taught me some Bengali phrases. He showed me his world. This is what I came for.
- Evening (5:00 PM - 7:00 PM): Another amazing meal!
- Night (7:00 PM onwards): I walked along the river. The lights, the sounds, the atmosphere… it was magical. I felt a sense of peace.
Day 4: Departure (or, Maybe I'll Just Stay)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 8:00 AM): Packing. Realizing I've bought way too many spices and saris.
- Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Last-minute biryani run. Gotta get one last fix before I leave.
- Airport (9:00 AM onwards): The usual chaos. But this time, I don't mind. I'm already planning my return.
- Departure: I'm leaving Kolkata with a full belly, a slightly lighter wallet, and a heart overflowing with memories. This city is a chaotic, beautiful mess, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Final Thoughts:
Kolkata wasn't perfect. There were bad hotels, questionable food, and moments of sheer frustration. But there was also incredible food, vibrant culture, and the warmth of the people. It's a city that gets under your skin, challenges you, and leaves you wanting more. And, let's be honest, I'm already dreaming of that biryani.
Escape to Paradise: Blue Gum Villa Awaits in Mudgee!
Kolkata Xanadu 903: The Messy Truth - Your Questions Answered (Maybe)
Okay, so...Pool? Is it actually *swimmable*? 'Cause the pictures...
Alright, the pool. Let's talk about the pool. The *pictures*. They're… well, they're *marketing*. Look, it's a pool. It's *there*. I saw it. I even dipped a toe in. It’s not exactly Olympic-sized, more like... a glorified bathtub for a very large family. And the cleanliness? Let's just say I wouldn't recommend swallowing the water. I did see a couple of errant leaves doing the backstroke, and I *swear* I saw a tiny, dead insect. But hey, it's Kolkata! Things aren't always pristine. Did I swim in it? Nah. Too many other things to do, like, you know, *survive the Kolkata heat*.
Anecdote Time: One afternoon, I saw this kid, maybe eight years old, cannonballing into the pool with zero regard for anything. The splash was epic. The water level dropped. He looked ecstatic. It was… kind of inspiring, actually. Maybe I was being too precious. Maybe I should have just jumped in. But then I remembered the leaves… and the tiny insect…
So, bottom line: It's a pool. Manage your expectations. It's probably refreshing, especially after a day of battling the Kolkata chaos. Just… maybe shower *immediately* afterwards. And bring your own goggles. Trust me.
How close is the airport? Because I *hate* airport commutes.
The airport. Okay, so the *advertisements* say it's close. And technically, they're probably correct. "Close" in Kolkata time, however, is a highly subjective concept. It's like the word "soon" in a text message from your friend who's always late. You might be waiting a while.
Reality Check: Traffic. Oh, the traffic. It's a beast. It's a writhing, honking, chaotic ballet of cars, rickshaws, and stray dogs. Google Maps will *lie* to you. It will tell you it's a 20-minute drive. Don't believe it. Add at least an hour. Maybe two. Especially during rush hour. You've been warned.
My Experience (and My Breakdown): I once booked a cab at what I thought was ample time to the airport. I factored in the traffic, the check-in lines, the general madness. I was *wrong*. We got stuck in a jam that lasted for what felt like an eternity. I started sweating. My hands were shaking. I thought I was going to miss my flight. I was picturing myself stranded in Kolkata, indefinitely. I was this close to having a full-blown panic attack. We *barely* made it. I ran through the airport like a lunatic, almost tripping over a baggage carousel. So, yeah, airport proximity? Factor in *extra* time. Seriously.
Is it really 'luxury'? Or is it just… Indian luxury? (You know what I mean…)
"Luxury." Ah, the loaded word. Look, let's be honest. "Luxury" in India is… different. It's not necessarily the gleaming, sterile, minimalist luxury you might be used to. It's got… character. It's got… a certain *charm*. It's got… a few imperfections.
The Good: The rooms are generally spacious. The staff is usually very friendly and helpful (though sometimes, a little *too* helpful, if you know what I mean). The beds are comfy. There's air conditioning (a *must* in Kolkata). And let's be real, after a day of navigating the city, a comfortable place to collapse is luxury enough.
The (Slightly Less Good): Sometimes the hot water takes a while to arrive. The Wi-Fi can be a bit… temperamental. The decor might be a little… dated. And, yeah, maybe the "luxury" doesn't quite match up to, say, a five-star hotel in Switzerland. But it's Kolkata! You're not here for Swiss perfection, are you? You're here for the experience, the chaos, the *realness* of it all.
My Observation: I found the "luxury" to be… satisfying. It wasn't perfect, but it was comfortable, and it provided a much-needed refuge from the city’s intensity. It had a certain… *lived-in* feel. And honestly? After a few days of navigating Kolkata, I was happy just to have a clean bed and a working air conditioner. That, my friends, is luxury enough for me.
How accessible is the city center? Can you actually *walk* anywhere?
Okay, city center access. Walking in Kolkata? It's an adventure. A *very* eventful adventure. You *can* walk. You *will* walk. But be prepared.
The Hazards: Potholes. Unpredictable traffic. Stray dogs (some friendly, some… not so much). Cows. And the general sensory overload of Kolkata. It’s a cacophony of sights, sounds, and smells. It's beautiful, it's chaotic, and it's… intense.
My Walking Experience: I tried to walk to a restaurant once. It was supposed to be a 20-minute walk. It took me 45 minutes. I got lost. I almost got run over by a rickshaw. I was accosted by a street vendor selling something I couldn't identify. I saw a monkey. I saw a wedding procession. It was… an experience. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes, but with a *huge* caveat. Be prepared to get lost. Be prepared to sweat. Be prepared to embrace the chaos. And maybe, just maybe, download a map on your phone beforehand.
Alternative Options: Taxis are readily available. Uber and Ola are also options. Rickshaws are a fun, if slightly terrifying, way to get around. Just… negotiate the price beforehand. And be prepared to be bounced around a bit.
Final Verdict: Walking is possible, but not always practical. Embrace the city's transportation options. And don't be afraid to get a little lost. That's where the *real* Kolkata magic happens.
Is it worth the price? Be honest!
The price. Ah, the eternal question. Is it worth it? Okay, let's get real. It depends. It depends on your budget. It depends on your expectations. It depends on your tolerance for slight imperfections.
What You're Paying ForStay By City

