
Uncover Hidden Paradise: Hotel Monalisa, Tarakeshwar, Nepal
Uncover Hidden Paradise: Hotel Monalisa, Tarakeshwar, Nepal - A Real Review (Brace Yourself!)
Okay, so I’ve just wrestled my way back from Hotel Monalisa in Tarakeshwar, Nepal, and let me tell you, it's a trip. Before you book, though, let me give you the REAL lowdown, because let’s be honest, those glossy hotel websites paint a picture that’s sometimes… well, a little too shiny. This is going to be a long one, because, frankly, there’s a LOT to unpack.
First Impressions and Accessibility (or, How I Almost Didn't Get There)
Finding the place was the first adventure. Google Maps was… optimistic. Let’s just say, "accessible" is a relative term in Nepal. While the hotel does have an elevator, the roads leading up to it are, shall we say, challenging. Think winding, bumpy, and occasionally involving a donkey cart (kidding… mostly). For anyone with mobility issues, double-check with the hotel before you go. Seriously. Give them a ring and get the honest truth. Because the views from the hotel? Worth the effort. Absolutely.
Accessibility: Let's Be Real
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes, the hotel itself has an elevator and some rooms are accessible. But the surrounding area? See above. Proceed with caution and realistic expectations.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: They do have some facilities, but again, call ahead and confirm specifics. It's Nepal, not Switzerland.
Internet: Bless the Wi-Fi Gods (and the Occasional Glitch)
Okay, let's talk connectivity. Because, let's face it, we're all addicted.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! Praise be! The Wi-Fi was surprisingly decent. I actually managed to upload some photos to Instagram, which is a victory in itself.
- Internet: They have it. It works. Mostly. Expect the occasional dropout, especially during peak hours. Patience, grasshopper. You're in the mountains.
- Internet [LAN]: Available too, for those who are old school.
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Yep. You can Instagram your breakfast from the terrace.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanitized, But Not Sterile (Thank Goodness!)
This is a big one, especially post-pandemic. And I was pleasantly surprised.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Yep. You can see the staff working hard.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Absolutely.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed so.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yes.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They try! It's a bit tricky in the buffet, but they make an effort.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Definitely. I felt safe.
- First aid kit: Present and accounted for.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Good to know.
- Hygiene certification: I didn't see any certificates, but felt they were trying their best.
- Shared stationery removed: Good riddance!
My Room: Home Sweet (Mostly) Home
Now, about my room. It was… comfortable. Not the Ritz, but it was clean and had what I needed.
- Air conditioning: Yes, thank heavens! Needed after a day of hiking.
- Alarm clock: Check.
- Bathrobes: Yes, a nice touch.
- Bathtub: YES! Perfect for soaking after a long day.
- Blackout curtains: Essential for sleeping off that delicious Nepali beer.
- Carpeting: Yep.
- Closet: Plenty of space for all my questionable travel outfits.
- Coffee/tea maker: Always a win.
- Complimentary tea: Lovely!
- Daily housekeeping: Spot on.
- Desk: Fine for working (if you must).
- Extra long bed: Perfect for a tall person like me.
- Free bottled water: Always appreciated.
- Hair dryer: Saved my life.
- High floor: I asked for it, and I got it. The view was incredible.
- In-room safe box: Good for protecting your valuables.
- Internet access – wireless: Worked great.
- Ironing facilities: Iron and board.
- Laptop workspace: Desk worked fine.
- Linens: Clean and comfortable.
- Mini bar: Decent selection.
- Mirror: Plenty of mirrors for checking out my travel hair.
- Non-smoking: YES!
- Private bathroom: Yep.
- Reading light: Great for late-night reading.
- Refrigerator: Good for keeping drinks cold.
- Satellite/cable channels: Plenty to choose from.
- Seating area: Comfortable.
- Separate shower/bathtub: Excellent.
- Shower: Worked perfectly.
- Slippers: A nice touch.
- Smoke detector: Present and accounted for.
- Socket near the bed: Crucial for charging all your gadgets.
- Soundproofing: Not perfect, but pretty good.
- Telephone: For room service and emergencies.
- Toiletries: Basic, but adequate.
- Towels: Clean and fluffy.
- Wake-up service: Worked like a charm.
- Wi-Fi [free]: As mentioned, it was fine.
- Window that opens: Essential for fresh air and listening to the birds.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Stomach Rumble)
The food at Hotel Monalisa was a real highlight. Let's be honest, I was expecting bland hotel food. I was wrong.
- A la carte in restaurant: They have it.
- Asian breakfast: Delicious.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Excellent, and authentic.
- Bar: A cozy bar with a good selection of drinks. Perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail.
- Bottle of water: Always provided.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Good, but can get crowded.
- Breakfast service: Excellent.
- Buffet in restaurant: A good variety.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Good.
- Coffee shop: They have one.
- Desserts in restaurant: Delicious.
- International cuisine in restaurant: They have some.
- Poolside bar: Didn't use it.
- Restaurants: Several.
- Room service [24-hour]: A godsend after a long day.
- Salad in restaurant: Fresh and tasty.
- Snack bar: Good for quick bites.
- Soup in restaurant: Hearty and delicious.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Options available.
- Western breakfast: They have it.
The Food, The Food, The Food! (And the One Incident)
Okay, I need to tell you about the food. The momos? TO DIE FOR. Seriously, I think I ate about a hundred. The thukpa? Spicy, flavorful, and perfect after a day of trekking. The dal bhat? Traditional, filling, and delicious.
- Alternative meal arrangement: They were flexible with dietary needs.
- Essential condiments: Available.
- Individually-wrapped food options: They had some.
- Safe dining setup: They were taking it seriously.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Looked clean.
BUT! And there's always a but, isn't there? One night, I ordered the… well, let's just say it was a spicy curry. And let's just say, the next morning, my stomach and I weren't on speaking terms. I'm not blaming the hotel, mind you. It could have been anything. But maybe, just maybe, order something a little less… adventurous.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Anyone? (Or, My Near-Death Experience in the Sauna)
This is where Hotel Monalisa really shines. The views alone are worth the trip. But there's more!
- Body scrub: They offer it.
- Body wrap: Yep.
- Fitness center: Small, but functional.
- Foot bath: A nice touch after a long day of hiking.
- Gym/fitness: See above.
- Massage: Excellent!
- Pool with view: Amazing.
- Sauna: Yep.
- Spa: They have it.
- Spa/sauna: Yes.
- Steamroom: Yes.
- Swimming pool: Outdoor.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Gorgeous, with a view to die for.
**The Sauna
Aravali Hills Resort: Delhi NCR's BEST Luxury Getaway? (You Won't Believe This!)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is a real trip to Hotel Monalisa in Tarakeshwar, Nepal, and I'm taking you along for the gloriously messy ride. Prepare for zero filter, questionable decisions, and the kind of travel journal entry you'd scribble on a napkin after one too many cups of that delicious Nepali tea.
Hotel Monalisa: Operation "Find Peace (and Maybe Some Clean Socks)" - A Disaster in the Making (and I wouldn't have it any other way)
Day 1: Arrival - Altitude, Anxiety, and the Search for Wifi That Doesn't Suck
- 06:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Or, more accurately, drag myself out of bed after a night of pre-trip jitters. Pretty sure I dreamed about forgetting my passport. Twice.
- 07:00 AM: Fly from Kathmandu to Ramechhap. The airport is a chaotic ballet of overpacked backpacks and stressed-out tourists. I'm already sweating, and we haven't even seen the mountains yet. Note to self: pack deodorant.
- 08:00 AM: The flight itself, a tiny prop plane, is where the fun really begins. The view? Absolutely breathtaking. The turbulence? Let's just say I had a moment where I considered making a will. (Kidding! Mostly.)
- 09:00 AM: Land in Ramechhap. Breathe a sigh of relief, then immediately realize I need to find a taxi. Negotiate the price – I swear, they can smell the tourist miles away. End up paying way too much, but hey, I’m alive, and the driver seems nice enough.
- 11:00 AM: Arrive at Hotel Monalisa! The first impression? A charming, slightly faded grandeur. Think "rustic chic" with a healthy dose of "could use a fresh coat of paint." But the view…oh, the view. Majestic Himalayan peaks, piercing blue skies, and a sense of serenity that almost (almost!) wipes away the travel anxiety.
- 12:00 PM: Check-in. The staff are lovely, but the wifi situation is…challenging. It's like the internet is playing a cruel game of hide-and-seek. Spend the next hour wrestling with the connection, cursing under my breath, and considering sending a carrier pigeon to update my Instagram.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Momos! Delicious, steamy, and perfectly seasoned. I devoured them like I hadn't eaten in days. The dal bhat was equally fantastic. I need this kind of food every day!
- 2:00 PM: Settle into the room, which is surprisingly spacious and clean. Unpack (finally!). Discover that I did remember my passport! Victory! Also, realize I forgot my favorite travel mug. Sigh.
- 3:00 PM: Take a walk around the hotel. The air is crisp and clean, and the silence is golden. The only sounds are the rustling of leaves and the occasional bird song. It's pure bliss.
- 4:00 PM: The REAL test: Attempt to meditate. I'm usually terrible at it. But here, surrounded by beauty, I manage to find a moment of peace. Maybe this trip will be about finding inner zen after all.
- 5:00 PM: Tea time! I'm pretty sure I could live on Nepali tea alone. It's that good. Spend an hour on the hotel balcony, sipping tea, and watching the sunset paint the mountains in shades of orange and pink. This is what I came for.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. More delicious Nepali food! I’m starting to think I should just move here and eat momos for the rest of my life.
- 8:00 PM: Stargazing. The night sky is a canvas of twinkling lights. I've never seen so many stars in my life. Feel profoundly small, and yet, connected to something bigger.
- 9:00 PM: Attempt to write in this journal. Mostly rambling. Feeling tired and happy.
- 10:00 PM: Bedtime. Pray that the wifi gods will be kind tomorrow.
Day 2: Exploring Tarakeshwar - Temples, Tea, and a Near-Disaster with a Yak
- 07:00 AM: Wake up feeling surprisingly refreshed. The altitude hasn't completely kicked my butt yet!
- 08:00 AM: Breakfast. More momos! And some delicious pancakes.
- 09:00 AM: Visit the local temple. The atmosphere is vibrant and full of colors and the chanting is soothing.
- 11:00 AM: Tea break at a local tea house. The tea is even better than at the hotel. I'm starting to think I might be a tea connoisseur.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Try a local delicacy. I have no idea what it is, but it's tasty!
- 1:00 PM: Hike in the surrounding area. The scenery is stunning, but I'm starting to feel the effects of the altitude.
- 2:00 PM: Encounter a yak! A majestic creature, but also a little intimidating. Nearly get knocked over when it decides to take a stroll down the path. Nearly had a heart attack!
- 3:00 PM: Relax at the hotel. Read a book and enjoy the view.
- 4:00 PM: Tea time (again!).
- 5:00 PM: Attempt to learn a few Nepali phrases. My pronunciation is terrible, but the locals are amused.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. Discuss the day's adventures with fellow travelers.
- 7:00 PM: Stargazing (again!).
- 8:00 PM: Write in this journal. More rambling. Feeling content.
- 9:00 PM: Bedtime.
Day 3: Departure - Saying Goodbye (and Planning My Return)
- 07:00 AM: Wake up. Feeling a little sad to leave.
- 08:00 AM: Breakfast. Last momos!
- 09:00 AM: Say goodbye to the staff. They've been amazing.
- 10:00 AM: Taxi back to Ramechhap.
- 11:00 AM: Fly back to Kathmandu.
- 12:00 PM: Reflect on the trip. It was messy, imperfect, and utterly wonderful. I feel changed.
- 1:00 PM: Start planning my return.
Final Thoughts:
Hotel Monalisa in Tarakeshwar is not just a place to stay; it's an experience. It's a place where you can connect with nature, disconnect from the world, and find a little bit of magic. It’s not perfect, but that's what makes it so charming. I'll be back. Maybe I'll even learn to meditate properly next time. And definitely bring my own travel mug. And perhaps a yak-whispering guide. Stay tuned!
Mexico City's HOTTEST Hotel? NH Collection Reforma's Secrets Revealed!
Uncover Hidden Paradise: Hotel Monalisa, Tarakeshwar - The Unfiltered Truth (and My Brain's Ramblings)
Okay, spill the tea! Is Hotel Monalisa *really* a hidden paradise, or just another hotel promising the moon?
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. "Paradise" is a strong word, isn't it? Look, it’s *Tarakeshwar*, Nepal. Think less Maldives, more… well, *Nepal*. It’s beautiful, don’t get me wrong. Lush, green, that crisp mountain air you can practically *taste*. But hidden paradise? It's more like… a hidden *gem* that's had a few tumbles down the mountain. The views? Stunning. The service?… well, that's where things get interesting. I'll get to that.
What's the actual hotel *like*? Rooms, amenities, the works.
Okay, the rooms. Let's be honest, they're not the Ritz. But they're clean, and the beds are… *mostly* comfortable. My first room? The bathroom door didn’t *quite* close. Like, you could see the light leaking out. I'm not sure if that was a design choice or a structural issue. I chose to believe it was a design choice, adds character, right? The amenities? Basic. Hot water (sometimes, blessedly). A TV (that showed about three channels, all in Nepali, which was a learning experience in itself). Wi-Fi? Let's just say it was… *intermittent*. Think of it as a digital detox, whether you want one or not. There *is* a restaurant, though. And the food... that's a whole other story. Oh, and the power went out… a lot. Embrace the candles, people! Embrace the romance! (Just, you know, watch out for tripping.)
Speaking of food... what's the grub like at Hotel Monalisa? Worth the risk of tummy troubles?
Okay, the food. This is where things get… *complicated*. Firstly, the *dal bhat* (lentil soup and rice, the staple) is phenomenal. Seriously, I could have eaten that every day. Best *dal bhat* I've had in ages. The momos (dumplings)? Pretty darn good. But… and there’s always a but, isn’t there? One time, I ordered a pizza. A *pizza*. I was craving something… Western. It arrived, looking… *rustic*. Let’s just say the cheese had a certain… *texture*. And the pepperoni? Well, it tasted like something that had been on a long journey. I ate it anyway. I was hungry. And, surprisingly, I didn't get sick! So, the moral of the story? Stick to the local stuff. You'll be fine. And maybe pack some Pepto-Bismol, just in case. (I did!)
The location... what's Tarakeshwar *actually* like? Is it worth the trek?
Tarakeshwar is… *magic*. Seriously. The views are breathtaking. Mountains stretching as far as the eye can see. The air is so clean, you feel like you’re breathing for the first time. The temple itself (the main reason people go, and rightfully so) is stunning. The atmosphere is… *calming*. I spent hours just wandering around, breathing it all in. The people are incredibly friendly and welcoming. Yes, the trek to get there can be a bit rough (roads are… let’s say *unpaved*). But honestly? It's worth it. Just make sure you're prepared for a bumpy ride (and maybe bring some motion sickness pills). Seriously.
The service... what's the staff like at Hotel Monalisa? Any tales to tell?
Ah, the service. Now we get to the good stuff. The staff… they’re lovely. Truly. They're incredibly kind, and they try their best. But "best" doesn't always equal seamless. Picture this: I ordered breakfast. It took an hour and a half to arrive. And when it did? They'd forgotten the coffee. I asked for coffee. Another half hour. But here's the thing: I wasn't *angry*. Because they were so genuinely apologetic, and so utterly *charming*. It was like, "Oh, right, the coffee. Sorry! We'll get right on that… eventually!" It’s that Nepalese laid-back attitude. Embrace it! Bring a book, enjoy the view while you wait. You’ll be okay. And honestly, after a while, you start to appreciate the slow pace. It forces you to *relax*. Plus, the smiles are genuine. And that’s worth more than perfect service, in my book.
What was your *best* experience at Hotel Monalisa? Give me the juicy details.
Okay, okay, the *best* experience. This is easy. It was one evening. The power had gone out (again). So, the staff lit candles everywhere. Everywhere! The dining room was bathed in this soft, flickering light. I was sitting there, eating my (delicious) *dal bhat*, and the wind was howling outside. It felt… *magical*. Then, one of the staff members, this young guy named Suresh, started singing. He had the most beautiful voice. He sang Nepali folk songs, and I didn’t understand a word, but the emotion… it was just overwhelming. He was clearly enjoying it, and everyone else was smiling and nodding along. It felt like a real connection, a genuine moment. I felt… *peaceful*. Seriously, I could have stayed there forever. That, right there, was worth the wonky bathroom door, the intermittent Wi-Fi, and the questionable pizza. That was the moment that made me understand why people love this place. That's what makes it special.
And the *worst* experience? Don't be shy!
Ugh, the worst? Okay, there was this one… *incident*. I was trying to take a shower. And the water… well, it was either freezing cold or scalding hot. There was no in-between. I mean, *none*. I spent about ten minutes frantically adjusting the taps, sweating and shivering at the same time. Finally, I gave up and decided to just… wash my hair in the sink. It was a disaster. My hair looked like a bird's nest. And then, just as I was about to dry it, the power went out. Again. So, I ended up wandering around the hotel, looking like a drowned rat, trying to find a candle. Not my finest moment. But hey, it's a story, right?Stay Classy Hotels

