Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Drury Plaza Downtown Columbus – that "Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!" deal. Let's be real, sometimes these hotel reviews are drier than a week-old bagel. I’m here to fix that. I'm not just gonna tell you about the place, I'm gonna live it, right here, right now. And maybe, just maybe, convince you to book. Because, spoiler alert: I’m kinda sold.

First Impressions & "Accessibility" – My Slightly Clumsy Entrance

Okay, so "Accessibility." This is a big one, right? Drury Plaza Downtown Columbus? Let's see… (takes a deep breath). Okay, ramps galore! Elevators? Check. I didn't see any glaring issues that would immediately scream "Nope!" I'm not in a wheelchair, but I'm always looking for this stuff. It's just… good design. Makes life easier for everyone, you know? And the front desk? Friendly. Really, genuinely friendly. Not the fake, plastered-on smile you get at some places. This is a good start. They even had a little… thing… for the dog treats at the front desk. I'm already picturing myself asking for a treat for my imaginary dog.

Rooms & That Sweet, Sweet Wi-Fi! (And the Blackout Curtains – Hallelujah!)

Right, the rooms. "Available in all rooms" – Air conditioning, alarm clock (thank god, I'm useless without one), bathrobes (fancy!), blackout curtains (YES! My sleep is sacred!), and… wait for it… FREE Wi-Fi! This is HUGE. Seriously. I've stayed in places where the Wi-Fi costs more than a small country's GDP. And it’s fast. Like, streaming-Netflix-without-buffering fast. (Yes, I tested it. For research purposes, of course.)

The room itself? Clean. Very clean. And the beds… oh, the beds. Pillowy. Cloud-like. I could have slept for a week. And the soundproofing! I'm a light sleeper, and I didn't hear a peep from the hallway. Bliss. They also had a mini-fridge (hello, midnight snack!), and a coffee maker. Coffee in the morning, in my jammies. Winning.

Let's Talk Food, Glorious Food! (And the Free Breakfast – My Personal Highlight)

Okay, so here's where Drury Plaza truly shines. The food situation is… well, it's bordering on insane. First, the breakfast. FREE. Seriously. Free hot breakfast. Eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, the works. And it's actually good. Not the sad, lukewarm buffet slop you get at some places. This is a proper breakfast. I loaded up on the waffles. Don't judge me. I needed the fuel for… well, for existing, I guess.

And then there's the "Evening Kickback." Another freebie. Yes, you read that right. Free food AND drinks in the evening. Think hot dogs, nachos, beer, wine… it's a party! I may have lingered a little longer than necessary in that area. The staff was really attentive, refilling drinks, and making sure everything was stocked. This is genuinely a huge value add. I saved a fortune on dinner. And yes, the "Asian cuisine in restaurant" was good too!

And the "Poolside Bar"? Yes, please!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Mostly Just the Pool, Let's Be Honest)

So, "Things to do." Columbus, Ohio. (I’m from… elsewhere. So, I’m still figuring this part out.) But the hotel itself? It's got a pool! An outdoor pool! And a pool with a view! (I think it's a view of the city. I was busy swimming.) And a hot tub! I spent a good chunk of my time just… floating. Pure relaxation. They also have a fitness center (didn't go, let's be honest), and a spa. (Maybe next time. I was too busy eating waffles.) The "Sauna", "Steamroom", "Body scrub", "Body wrap", and "Massage" are all on my list for my next visit!

Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Secure (and Sane)

Okay, this is important. Cleanliness. Especially these days. The Drury Plaza seems to take it seriously. "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays." I saw staff constantly cleaning. It felt… safe. And they had hand sanitizer everywhere. (I may have used it more than necessary. I'm a germaphobe, what can I say?) They also had a "first aid kit" and "Staff trained in safety protocol." This is reassuring.

Services & Conveniences – Little Things That Matter

They had a "Cashless payment service." (Yay, less fumbling with cash!) "Concierge" (didn't need it, but good to know it's there). "Elevator" (duh). "Laundry service" (for those of us who pack light… or not). "Luggage storage" (essential if you’re like me and check out late). And the "Daily housekeeping" was excellent. The room was always spotless.

The Quirky Stuff & My Personal Anecdote – The Waffle Incident (and Why It Matters)

Okay, so here’s a completely random, slightly embarrassing story. I was so excited about the free waffles at breakfast that I… well, I may have stacked a few too many on my plate. And then, disaster! Carrying my precarious tower of carbohydrate goodness, I tripped. Right in front of the whole breakfast crowd. Waffles everywhere. Mortification level: ELEVEN.

But here's the thing. The staff? They didn't laugh. (Well, maybe a little behind their hands, I couldn't blame them). They rushed over, helped me clean up, and even offered to make me more waffles! They were genuinely kind and helpful. It wasn't just a job to them. They seemed to care. And that, my friends, is what makes a hotel stay truly memorable. It's the little things. It's the genuine service. It's the people. And that's what the Drury Plaza Downtown Columbus has in spades.

Getting Around – Location, Location, Location!

I didn't need an "Airport transfer," but I did use the "Taxi service" once. It was easy to get a taxi. And the hotel is located in a good spot for exploring.

The Negatives (Because I'm Trying to Be Honest Here)

Honestly? I’m struggling to find any real negatives. Maybe the gym could be a little bigger. But I wasn't there to work out, so… whatever. I may not have seen all the "Kids facilities", but I did see some families having fun.

The Verdict – Book This Hotel! (Seriously, Do It!)

Okay, so here's the deal. The "Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!" is… well, it's a steal. It's clean, comfortable, convenient, and the food is amazing. The staff is fantastic. And the free breakfast and evening kickback? Game changers. It's the kind of place that makes you want to extend your stay.

Here's My "Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!" Offer (Because You Know You Want It!)

Book your stay at the Drury Plaza Downtown Columbus NOW and get:

  • Guaranteed Free Breakfast and Evening Kickback: Fuel up for your Columbus adventures without breaking the bank!
  • Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected, stream your favorite shows, and brag about your amazing hotel find on social media.
  • Prime Location: Explore the best of Columbus with ease.
  • Comfort and Relaxation: Unwind in a clean, comfortable room with those amazing blackout curtains.
  • Unbeatable Value: Seriously, this deal is too good to pass up.

Click here to book your "Unbelievable Columbus Getaway: Drury Plaza Downtown Steal!" before it disappears! You won't regret it. (Unless you trip and spill waffles everywhere. But even then, the staff will be there to help.)

SEO Keywords (Because, you know, I have to):

Drury Plaza Columbus, Columbus hotel, downtown Columbus hotel, free breakfast Columbus, free evening kickback Columbus, accessible hotel Columbus, family-friendly hotel Columbus, Ohio hotels, best Columbus hotels, Drury Plaza review, Columbus getaway, Ohio getaway, hotel deals Columbus, clean hotel Columbus, pool hotel Columbus

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Hort De Fortunyo, Spain - Your Unforgettable Getaway

Book Now

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Okay, buckle up buttercups. This isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown, Ohio, experience, and it's gonna be… well, it’s gonna be me. Prepare for the emotional rollercoaster.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pizza Predicament (or, How I Nearly Starved)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH). Ugh, airports. The smell of stale coffee and existential dread. Finding baggage claim is always a gamble. Did I pack enough socks? Probably not.
  • 1:45 PM: Uber to Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown. The driver, bless his heart, was convinced I was going to the "Old Country Buffet" (which, by the way, is definitely not in Columbus anymore). We had a good laugh about my questionable directions and the fact that I was already hangry.
  • 2:30 PM: Check-in. The lobby is… well, it's a Drury. Clean, functional, and smelling vaguely of chlorine and ambition. The front desk person was lovely. Gave me a cookie. Sold! I'm an easy sell.
  • 3:00 PM: Room exploration. Okay, the room is fine. Standard Drury fare. Two double beds (why, oh why, do hotels insist on this? I’m a solo traveler!), a desk that looks like it's seen some things, and a TV with a million channels I'll never watch. The view? A brick wall. Sigh.
  • 3:30 PM - 6:00 PM: The Pizza Predicament. This is where things went south. I was ravenous. I needed pizza. I craved pizza. I googled "best pizza columbus ohio" and was immediately overwhelmed. So many options! Too many! I spent an hour scrolling reviews, comparing crusts, and feeling increasingly paralyzed by choice. Ended up wandering aimlessly for a solid hour looking for a decent slice. Found a weird gas station pizza that was… edible? (Let's just say it filled a hole.) This is a cautionary tale, people. RESEARCH YOUR FOOD OPTIONS BEFORE YOU GET HANGRY.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Pool time! Drury's got a pool. It's indoor. It's… fine. I'm not a huge pool person, but hey, free chlorine. Spent the time pondering the meaning of life while doing the backstroke. (Spoiler alert: I did not find the answer.)
  • 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Free dinner at the Drury. Praise be! This is the Drury’s saving grace. Hot dogs, nachos, and salad. Not gourmet, but free. Ate enough to ward off the pizza-induced starvation.
  • 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Watched some mind-numbing TV. Fell asleep before the credits rolled. Another successful travel day… I think.

Day 2: Art, Coffee, and a Deep Dive into the Soul of Columbus (Maybe)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. The bed was comfortable, surprisingly. Free breakfast! Eggs, bacon, waffles… the works. Fueling up for a day of adventure.
  • 8:00 AM: Explore the hotel. Found the fitness room. It’s small. It has treadmills. I avoided it.
  • 9:00 AM: Coffee run. Found a local coffee shop (yay for research!). The coffee was strong, the barista was friendly, and the atmosphere was exactly what I needed. Feeling human again.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Columbus Museum of Art. Okay, this was actually amazing. The art was interesting, the building was beautiful, and I even understood some of it. Seriously. I was moved by a few pieces. I even tried to pretend I knew what I was talking about. The Impressionists have my heart.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Decided to be brave and try a new restaurant. The place was packed. I ordered something I couldn't pronounce. It was delicious! Columbus, you are winning me over.
  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Walked around. Explored the Short North Arts District. Quirky shops, colorful murals, and a general vibe of "cool." I felt… slightly less uncool.
  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The Great Bookstore Escape. Found a local bookstore. Spent two glorious hours browsing, reading, and smelling the intoxicating scent of old paper. Bought a book. Found my happy place.
  • 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Nap time. I needed it. Travel is exhausting.
  • 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Dinner. Decided to go back to the restaurant from lunch. It was that good. Ate too much. Regretted nothing.
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Packing for departure. Stared at my suitcase with a mixture of dread and resignation.

Day 3: Farewell, Columbus (and Maybe, Just Maybe, a Little Bit of Love)

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast, again. They have good waffles.
  • 8:00 AM: Final walk around the hotel. Checked out. Goodbye, Drury. You were… adequate.
  • 9:00 AM: Uber to the airport. Said goodbye to the friendly driver.
  • 10:00 AM: Airport security. The usual chaos. Removed my shoes, took out my laptop, felt judged by everyone.
  • 11:00 AM: Waiting at the gate. Reflecting on my trip. Columbus, you surprised me. You're not perfect, but you're interesting. And you have good pizza (eventually!).
  • 12:00 PM: Flight home. Goodbye, Ohio. Until next time (and hopefully, less pizza-related drama).

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. I got lost, I ate bad pizza, and I probably looked like a total tourist. But I explored, I tried new things, and I learned a little bit about a new city (and myself). That, my friends, is what travel is all about. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need a nap. And maybe some more pizza. Just kidding… maybe.

Escape to Paradise: Amelie Homestay, Malpe, India - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Book Now

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United StatesOkay, buckle up, buttercups! This is gonna be less "FAQ" and more "Things I Learned About the Drury Plaza Columbus Downtown While Almost Losing My Mind (in a Good Way, Mostly)." We're going full-on, unfiltered, and probably rambling. Don't judge.

Okay, So What *IS* This "Drury Plaza Downtown Steal" Deal, Anyway? Is It Actually a Steal?

Alright, let's cut the crap. "Steal" is a strong word, right? But... yeah, it *kinda* is. For what you get, the Drury Plaza in Columbus downtown? It's a pretty sweet deal. Free breakfast (more on that later, trust me), free evening snacks (a.k.a. "the magic hour" – again, later), a pool (I didn't use it, but it *existed*), and a location that's... well, it's *downtown*. Which, depending on your Columbus vibe, is either a huge win or, you know, not. I'd say it's a win. Especially if you’re coming from the suburbs and want to feel like you’re in the city, even for a minute.

The Breakfast… You Mentioned the Breakfast. Fill Me In. Is It Worth Braving the Horde?

Oh, the breakfast. THE BREAKFAST. Okay, here's the truth, and this is coming from a person who *loves* breakfast: It's a buffet. A *busy* buffet. Picture this: You, bleary-eyed, fueled by lukewarm coffee (the coffee is...well, it's there), navigating a sea of hungry travelers. Kids, families, business types in power suits – all vying for the same scrambled eggs. The eggs, by the way, are perfectly fine. Not Michelin-star quality, but… edible. The bacon? Crispy sometimes, limp other times. It's a gamble. But the waffles? The waffle iron is a godsend. Make your own waffles. Pile them high with syrup. You've earned it. My personal strategy? Arrive early, grab a waffle, and *then* scope out the battlefield. Avoid the immediate chaos. And for the love of all that is holy, *don't* get between a dad and his kids and the sausage. It's a war zone.

What About the "Evening Snacks"? Is That Just Fancy Hotel Talk for… Nuts?

"Evening snacks" is the *real* deal, friends. It's not just nuts. Okay, there are *some* nuts. But there's also... a rotating menu! One night, I swear, they had mini tacos. MINI TACOS! Another night, it was chicken wings. (The wings were decent, I'm not gonna lie.) And the best part? FREE. After a long day of... well, whatever you're doing in Columbus, a free meal is a beautiful thing. Plus, the bar is right there. It's a dangerous combination. But hey, you're on vacation (or, you know, pretending to be on vacation). Live a little! Just… pace yourself. I may or may not have eaten three plates of mini tacos. Don't judge me.

The Location… Is Downtown Columbus Actually… Fun?

Okay, this is subjective. I'm a city person, so I *love* being downtown. The Drury is smack-dab in the middle of things. You’re close to the Arena District (lots of bars and restaurants, perfect for people-watching), the Short North Arts District (artsy, cool, and great for wandering), and the Scioto Mile (beautiful park along the river, perfect for pretending you're cultured). But… it depends on what you *like*. If you're looking for a quiet, secluded getaway, this ain't it. If you thrive on energy, activity, and the potential for impromptu adventures? You're in the right place. One night, I stumbled out of the hotel and ended up at a live music venue I'd never even heard of. It was amazing. The next day, I had a slight headache. Worth it.

What's the Room Like? Is It… Clean? Because That's Important.

Yes, the room is clean. Thank God. I am a germaphobe, so this is a huge deal for me. It’s a Drury, so don’t expect the Ritz. It's functional, comfortable, and... clean. The bed was comfy (crucial!), the shower had decent water pressure (also crucial!), and the AC worked (thank you, sweet baby Jesus). It's not fancy, but it's perfectly acceptable. I've stayed in much worse. (I'm looking at you, sketchy motel from that road trip in '08.)

Okay, So, The Pool… Did You Even *Go*?

No. I did not. Look, I'm not a pool person. But it was there! People were swimming in it. It looked...pool-like. If you're a pool person, you'll probably enjoy it. I, however, was too busy eating mini tacos and exploring the city to care. But the fact that it *existed* added to the general feeling of "this is a pretty good deal."

Any Downsides? Because Nothing's Perfect.

Okay, let's be real. Nothing is perfect. The parking situation is a little… tricky. It's downtown, so you're probably paying for parking. Not a dealbreaker, but something to factor in. And, as mentioned before, the breakfast can be a bit of a zoo. Also, the hotel elevators can get a little...slow during peak hours. Prepare to be patient. And sometimes, you'll hear the delightful sounds of city life – sirens, buskers, the occasional late-night reveler. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. But honestly? Those are minor annoyances. The overall experience is overwhelmingly positive.

Would You Go Back? Would You *Recommend* It?

Absolutely. Without a doubt. I'd go back in a heartbeat. I'd *recommend* it to anyone looking for a fun, affordable, and convenient getaway in Columbus. The Drury Plaza Downtown? It's not flawless. It's not the most luxurious place in the world. But it's a solid, reliable choice that delivers on its promises. And those mini tacos? They're worth the price of admission alone. Go. Eat. Explore. Have fun. And tell me all about it! (Seriously, I want to know.)

Rest Nest Hotels

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States

Drury Plaza Hotel Columbus Downtown Columbus (OH) United States