Escape to Paradise: Creemore's Mountain Ash Manor & Spa Awaits!

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Escape to Paradise: Creemore's Mountain Ash Manor & Spa Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Creemore's Mountain Ash Manor & Spa Awaits! - A Review (and My Honest Thoughts)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at Mountain Ash Manor & Spa in Creemore, and I need to unload. This isn't some polished brochure, folks. This is real talk. I'm going to tell you everything, the good, the bad, the slightly-off-putting, and the utterly divine. And yes, I’m going to try to weave in some of those SEO keywords because, well, I want you to find this review!

First Impressions & The Awkward Elevator Ride (Accessibility & Getting Around)

Let's be honest, the first thing you notice is the drive. Creemore is gorgeous, all rolling hills and quaint shops. Mountain Ash Manor itself is impressive, all stone and manicured lawns. Now, the accessibility… Well, it claims to be accessible. There's an elevator, which is a HUGE plus, especially if you're on the upper floors (and the views from the high floors are stunning). But, I’m going to level with you, it's a bit of a maze to get to the elevator from some rooms. Think of it as a treasure hunt, but instead of gold, you find a slightly grumpy porter. They do have facilities for disabled guests, according to the website, but I didn't personally investigate every nook and cranny. I'm assuming it's generally okay, but call ahead and ask specific questions if you have mobility concerns.

The car park? Free and on-site. Bonus points for that. They even have a car power charging station, which is a thoughtful touch for the eco-conscious traveller. Taxi service is available, but probably best to pre-book since you’re in a small town.

The Room: My Sanctuary (Available in All Rooms)

Okay, my room. Oh, my room. It was… lovely. Seriously. Let me paint you a picture: a HUGE bed (extra long, yes!), a window that actually opens (thank you, sweet heavens!), a seating area where I could sprawl with a book, and a mini-bar stocked with, well, things I shouldn't have been drinking at 10 am. They have everything you need: air conditioning (essential!), a coffee/tea maker (hallelujah!), a safe box (for your valuables, or, you know, your emergency chocolate stash), and free Wi-Fi (thank goodness!). The bathroom had a bathtub (yes!), separate shower, and all the toiletries you could possibly need. They even provided bathrobes and slippers. Slippers, people! It's the little things, right? The room was clean, well-appointed, and felt genuinely… comfortable. And I'm a snob about hotel rooms. They even had blackout curtains, which are a godsend for a light sleeper like me.

Internet Access (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!): The Good, The Bad, and The Slightly Annoying

Let's talk internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Fantastic. It was… mostly reliable. There were a few moments of buffering during my binge-watching session (no judgement!), but overall, it was acceptable. I wouldn't rely on it for serious business, but for checking emails and scrolling through Instagram? Perfect. They also offer Internet access – LAN, if you need to plug in.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Paradise (Mostly)

Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting. Let's start with the good: the breakfast buffet. I am a buffet person. And this one was pretty darn good. Western breakfast staples, plus some Asian options (yes, they had congee!). Fresh fruit, pastries, eggs cooked to order. I may have eaten my weight in bacon. They also have a restaurant with a la carte dining. I had dinner there one night, and it was delicious. International cuisine, a decent wine list, and attentive service. They also have a pool-side bar, which is perfect for a cocktail after a swim.

Now, the slightly less good: the coffee in the restaurant wasn’t the best. But hey, you can't win 'em all. They also have a snack bar, which is handy for a quick bite. Room service? Available 24-hours. I ordered a burger at 2 am. No regrets.

Ways to Relax: Spa Day Bliss! (and a bit of a letdown)

The spa. This is what I was most excited about. And, for the most part, it didn’t disappoint. The pool with a view? Gorgeous. The sauna and steam room? Perfect for melting away stress. The massage? Oh, the massage! I opted for the deep tissue, and it was heavenly. I almost fell asleep. Almost. The body scrub and body wrap were tempting, but I ran out of time.

BUT (and there’s always a but, isn’t there?), it wasn't perfect. The gym/fitness center was… small. And a bit… dated. It wasn't bad, just not as impressive as the rest of the spa. It felt a bit like an afterthought. And, the foot bath, which sounded amazing, was… slightly lukewarm. But hey, I'm nitpicking. Overall, the spa experience was fantastic.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic-Era Peace of Mind

Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room (or, you know, the virus): cleanliness and safety. Mountain Ash Manor takes it seriously. They have hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocols, and professional-grade sanitizing services. Rooms are sanitized between stays, and you can even opt-out of room sanitization if you prefer. They use anti-viral cleaning products, and there's daily disinfection in common areas. They also offer contactless check-in/out, which is a nice touch. The dining room had a safe dining setup, with physical distancing of at least 1 meter. I felt safe and secure throughout my stay.

For the Kids (and the Rest of the Family)

While I didn't travel with children, the hotel seems pretty family-friendly. They have babysitting service, family/child-friendly facilities, and kids' meals. So if you're travelling with the little ones, you should be good.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

They offer a ton of services: daily housekeeping, laundry service, dry cleaning, concierge, luggage storage… the works. They also have a gift/souvenir shop, a convenience store, and even a cash withdrawal service. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the overall service was excellent.

Things to Do: Beyond the Bliss

Creemore is a charming little town. You can explore the local shops, visit the art galleries, or simply wander around and soak up the atmosphere. There are also outdoor venues for special events if you want to plan something.

The Quirks and Imperfections (Because Perfection Doesn't Exist)

Okay, so here are the little things that weren't perfect:

  • The music in the elevator. It was elevator music, but, like, really elevator music.
  • The lighting in my room was a bit… dim. I like bright lights!
  • The view from the gym wasn't the best. You're staring at a wall.

The Verdict: Should You Escape to Paradise?

Absolutely. Despite a few minor imperfections, Mountain Ash Manor & Spa is a fantastic place to escape and relax. The rooms are lovely, the spa is amazing, the food is good, and the staff are friendly. It's a perfect getaway for couples, friends, or even a solo trip (like mine!).

My Recommendation: Book the Spa Package NOW!

Here's my brutally honest offer:

Escape to Paradise: Your Ultimate Creemore Getaway Awaits!

Tired of the daily grind? Craving a little "me time"? Then Mountain Ash Manor & Spa is calling your name!

Book the "Spa & Stay" package now and get:

  • Luxurious accommodations in a beautifully appointed room with a king-sized bed, blackout curtains, and free Wi-Fi (because you need to show off those spa selfies!).
  • Unlimited access to the spa facilities, including the pool with a view, sauna, steam room, and gym (even if the gym is a bit… compact).
  • A deeply relaxing massage (trust me, you NEED this!).
  • A delicious breakfast buffet to fuel your day.
  • And for a limited time, we're including a complimentary bottle of wine and a box of chocolates! (Because you deserve it!).

But wait, there's more!

We're offering a special discount for bookings made in the next 7 days! Use code "CREEMOREESCAPE" at checkout and receive 15% off your entire stay!

Don't wait! This offer won't last! Book your escape to paradise today and experience the ultimate in relaxation and rejuvenation. Your stressed-out self will thank you!

(Click here to book your escape now!)

**And hey, if you see me there, say hi! I'll be the one lounging by the pool with a cocktail and a

Escape to Paradise: Luxury Pool Villa in Hua Hin, Thailand

Book Now

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my attempt at a luxurious getaway at Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa in Creemore, Ontario. Emphasis on attempt. This isn't going to be some perfectly curated Instagram reel, folks. This is real life, with all its glorious, messy imperfections.

Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Quest for the Perfect Robe (Spoiler: It Doesn't Exist)

  • 1:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Mountain Ash. Okay, let's be honest, I was late. Blame the GPS, blame the toddler meltdown, blame the fact that I thought "Creemore" sounded like a place where unicorns frolic, and I got distracted picturing it. The Manor itself is… well, it's manor-y. Think "Bridgerton" meets "Canadian Tire". Cozy, but a little… beige. Immediately, I’m hit with the weight of needing a relaxing experience. I'm already stressed.
  • 1:30 PM: Check-in. The woman at the front desk, bless her heart, has the patience of a saint. Me? I'm already sweating, convinced I've forgotten my toothbrush. I haven't. This is just the early stages of "Vacation Paranoia."
  • 2:00 PM: The Room. Ah, the room. It's nice. Really, it is. But here's the thing: where's the perfect robe? You know, the one that's like a cloud you can wear? The one that makes you feel like you're floating on a sea of cashmere and good decisions? This one is… fine. Functionally adequate. But the quest for the perfect robe continues.
  • 2:30 PM: Spa Time! I'm booked for a massage. I'm desperately hoping the masseuse can knead out the knots of "Mom Guilt" and "Existential Dread."
    • 2:45 PM: Changed into the robe (the adequate one). Wandered confusedly around the spa, feeling self-conscious about my bare feet.
    • 3:00 PM: The massage. Pure, unadulterated bliss. For the first ten minutes. Then, my bladder decided to stage a revolt. I spent the rest of the massage fighting the urge to leap off the table. Not relaxing.
  • 4:30 PM: High Tea. Okay, this is where things get interesting. Tiny sandwiches, scones with clotted cream (which, by the way, is the most decadent thing I've ever tasted), and enough tea to float a small boat. I try to channel my inner Duchess, but mostly I'm just shoveling scones into my face. I think I double-dipped. Oops.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the Manor's Restaurant. The food is… good. But I'm still thinking about those scones. And the robe. And whether I locked the car.
  • 7:30 PM: Attempted relaxation in the room. I try to read, but my brain is buzzing. I flip channels on the TV. Finally, I just stare out the window, and realize, the view is actually pretty stunning. The day ends with a lot of thoughts, some of which I will forget.

Day 2: The Great Outdoors (and the Great Unraveling)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. More scones! Praise be! Fueling up for my grand plan: a hike. I'm feeling optimistic. Maybe the fresh air will cure my vacation paranoia.
  • 9:00 AM: The Hike. Okay, so the "hike" was more of a "gentle stroll." Still, the scenery is beautiful. I manage to get lost for about ten minutes. I blame the map. And my sense of direction.
  • 10:00 AM: Back at the Manor, feeling a bit smug. I was a hiker! I conquered the woods! (Okay, a small patch of woods, but still.)
  • 10:30 AM: The Pool. I decide to take a dip in the pool. I'm not a strong swimmer, so I mostly just bob around. The water is cold. I start to shiver.
  • 11:30 AM: The Hot Tub. Ah, finally, warmth! The hot tub is filled with other guests. I try to be friendly, but mostly I'm just trying not to make eye contact. I'm pretty sure I saw a family of ducks land in the water and then promptly leave.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Feeling peckish. I order a salad. It's… a salad. I would have killed for another scone.
  • 2:00 PM: The Spa, Round 2. This time, I'm booked for a facial. I'm hoping for a miracle. I want my skin to glow! To be radiant! To look like I've had eight hours of sleep!
    • 2:15 PM: The facial. The esthetician is lovely. She tells me my skin is "dehydrated." I feel personally attacked. I spend the entire treatment wondering if I'm making the right facial expressions. Is my forehead relaxed enough? Am I smiling too much? Am I drooling?
    • 3:30 PM: I emerge, feeling… slightly less dehydrated. But also, slightly more self-conscious. I swear I can see every pore on my face.
  • 4:00 PM: The Bookstore. Creemore has a cute little bookstore. I buy a book I'll probably never read.
  • 5:00 PM: Dinner, Part 2. More food. More thoughts. More… longing for a perfect robe.
  • 7:00 PM: The Evening. I have a glass of wine in front of the fireplace. I'm starting to feel a little bit… relaxed. The chaos of the day has finally subsided.
  • 8:00 PM: I actually feel like I'm starting to unwind. I finally get it: it's okay if everything isn't perfect. The imperfections are part of the fun. And the scones? They were definitely perfect.

Day 3: Departure, and the Promise of Another Scone (Eventually)

  • 8:00 AM: One last breakfast. You guessed it: scones. I devour them with gusto.
  • 9:00 AM: Check out. I leave Mountain Ash, slightly less stressed, slightly more scone-fueled, and with a newfound appreciation for the imperfect beauty of life. And the quest for the perfect robe? Still ongoing. But hey, I have a feeling I'll find it someday. And when I do, I'll be ready to wear it while eating an entire plate of scones.
  • 9:30 AM: The car. I find my car, and I take a deep breath. I didn't forget the toothbrush. I didn't forget the car keys. I didn't forget my sanity.
  • 10:00 AM: Heading home.

This was a real trip. It wasn't perfect. But it was mine. And I wouldn't trade it for a perfectly curated Instagram post any day. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find some scones.

Escape to Perth Paradise: Ellard Bed & Breakfast Awaits!

Book Now

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) CanadaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly chaotic, and utterly opinionated world of Escape to Paradise: Creemore's Mountain Ash Manor & Spa Awaits! This ain't your perfectly polished brochure, folks. This is real talk, with all the bumps and bruises of actual experience.

Okay, so what *is* this "Escape to Paradise" place, anyway? Sounds kinda… cheesy.

Alright, alright, I get it. The name *is* a little much. But picture this: you're driving, maybe you're stressed, kids are screaming, work's a dumpster fire… and then, BAM! You turn a corner and there it is – Mountain Ash Manor. It’s this… *thing*. Kind of a sprawling, old-school manor house, nestled in the rolling hills of Creemore. Think fancy-ish, but with a healthy dose of "lived-in charm." The spa is attached, and that's where the magic (or, you know, the potential for utter relaxation) happens.

Is it actually *in* Creemore? Because I've heard Creemore is adorable.

Yep! It's right there. Creemore is, indeed, adorable. Think quaint shops, a brewery (essential!), and a general vibe of "let's slow down and breathe." The Manor is close enough to stroll to the village, which is brilliant for a post-spa wander (or, you know, a quick pint to celebrate surviving the day). I remember one time, I was walking back after a massage and I just *melted* into a little antique shop. Spent way too much on a ridiculous teapot, but hey, memories! And a teapot.

Let's talk spa. Is it actually good? Or just Instagram-pretty?

Okay, the spa. Here's the deal. It's not the most modern, sleekest, fanciest spa I've ever been to. But it's… *good*. The atmosphere is calming, the treatments are well-done (I *highly* recommend the hot stone massage, seriously, do it), and the staff are genuinely lovely. I've been to places where the therapists seem like they're just going through the motions, but not here. They actually *care*. I had one therapist, bless her heart, who spent like an extra 15 minutes on my back because I was a knotted mess. I almost cried. In a good way. Almost.

What about the rooms? Are they… clean?

They are clean! I'm a bit of a neat freak, so trust me on this. They're not like, sterile hospital clean, but they're definitely well-maintained. The decor is… well, let's just say it's got character. Some might call it "eclectic." I'd call it "Grandma's attic meets upscale B&B." But in a charming way, I promise. Think antique furniture, plush bedding, and maybe a slightly wonky lamp. But hey, a wonky lamp adds personality, right?

Food! Is the food any good? Because I'm a foodie. A very *hungry* foodie.

Okay, the food. This is where things get… interesting. They have a restaurant, but it's not Michelin-star level. Think hearty, comforting dishes. Good, solid food. I've had some truly delicious meals there, and I've had some that were… less memorable. The breakfast is usually a winner. The pancakes are fluffy, the bacon is crispy, and the coffee is plentiful. But look, it's not the main event, okay? The spa is. And the peace and quiet. And maybe the occasional sneaky glass of wine in your room. That's the real highlight.

Is it romantic? I'm thinking of taking my significant other.

Yes! Oh, absolutely yes. It's got that cozy, secluded vibe that's perfect for a romantic getaway. Picture this: roaring fireplace, a bottle of wine, and… well, each other. (Or, you know, just a good book, if that's your style. No judgment!) The spa treatments are a definite plus for some togetherness. My husband and I went once and it was… well, it was a game-changer. We actually talked to each other! Without the distractions of kids, work, and the endless chores. Heaven. Pure, blissful heaven. Okay, maybe I’m getting carried away. But seriously, it's good for the soul.

What's the vibe? Is it… stuffy?

Not really. It's not a place where you have to worry about wearing the "right" clothes or using the "right" fork. It's relaxed, friendly, and welcoming. People are there to unwind and de-stress, so the atmosphere is generally pretty chill. You know, I remember one time, I was wandering around in my fluffy robe and slippers, and I bumped into a guy in a suit who looked utterly miserable. I swear, he looked at my robe and just… sighed. I felt a pang of pity for him. He clearly needed a massage.

Okay, let's get real. Any downsides? Any dealbreakers?

Okay, okay, I'm not going to sugarcoat it. There are a few things. The Wi-Fi can be a bit spotty in some rooms (which, honestly, is sometimes a blessing). And the walls aren't exactly soundproof. You might hear the occasional snore or the happy giggles of the couple next door. One time, I could *swear* I heard someone practicing the bagpipes at 3 a.m. I still don't know if it was real or if I dreamt it. And the price... it's not cheap. But if you're really looking for a break, a reset, a moment to breathe… it's worth it. It really is.

Alright, you've convinced me. Any tips?

Oh, yes! Pack a good book (or three). Bring comfy clothes. Embrace the robe life. Book your spa treatments in advance, especially if you want a specific time or therapist. Don't be afraid to ask for extra towels. And most importantly, just relax. Let go of the stress, the to-do lists, and the endless demands of life. You deserve it. Honestly, you do. And maybe, just maybe, sneak a piece of the complimentary chocolate from the pillow. Just a little one. You've earned it.

Okay, let's talk about the *one* thing that has stuck with you from your stay, good or bad. Go deep.

Hotel Search Tips

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada

Mountain Ash Country Manor and Spa Creemore (ON) Canada