Islamorada's Sands: Uncover the Hidden Paradise of the Florida Keys!

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Islamorada's Sands: Uncover the Hidden Paradise of the Florida Keys!

Islamorada's Sands: My Honest (and Slightly Messy) Take on Paradise

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the (slightly sandy) tea on Islamorada's Sands. Forget those polished, generic reviews – you're getting the real deal, flaws and all. Because let's be honest, perfection is boring. And trust me, after a week of sun, sea, and (let’s be real) a few too many margaritas, I’ve got plenty to say.

Accessibility: The Good, the Okay, and the "Could Be Better"

Okay, so let's start with the nitty-gritty. Accessibility is a big deal for me, and I'm happy to report that Islamorada's Sands makes a decent effort. Wheelchair accessible is a definite plus. They've got ramps and elevators, which is a solid foundation. But, and this is a big BUT, it's not perfect. I noticed some narrow doorways and a few tight turns that might be tricky for larger wheelchairs. They've got the basics covered, but it’s not a fully seamless experience.

Getting Around: Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Taxi service: Parking was a breeze. Free parking on site? Score! Taxi service is readily available too, if you're not keen on driving after a few Key Lime pies (which, by the way, you absolutely must try).

Internet: A Love-Hate Relationship

Alright, let's talk internet. In this day and age, it's a necessity, right? Well, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a huge selling point. And it was free. And it was in all rooms. But… the strength? Let's just say it was a bit like a shy toddler – sometimes present, sometimes hiding. Internet access – wireless was the main option. Internet [LAN]? I didn't even bother trying. I'm not trying to solve the internet's problems on vacation. Internet services in general were… okay. I'm not sure you can rely on it for a zoom meeting but for checking emails and posting pictures, it does the job.

Cleanliness and Safety: A Sigh of Relief

Okay, this is where Islamorada's Sands really shines. Cleanliness and safety are clearly a priority. They had Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas (which is reassuring), and Rooms sanitized between stays. I felt genuinely safe, which is huge. Hand sanitizer was everywhere, and the staff were masked and diligent. They even had Hygiene certification, which is a nice touch. Staff trained in safety protocol was evident too. The constant wiping, spraying, and sanitizing was a bit overkill at times, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie’s Rollercoaster

Okay, food. This is where things get interesting.

  • Restaurants: Multiple, including a Vegetarian restaurant.
  • Bar: A lively, fun bar right by the pool.
  • Poolside bar: Same bar, different view.
  • Coffee shop: Perfect for an early morning caffeine fix.
  • Snack bar: Convenient for quick bites.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: A solid spread, with your typical Western breakfast offerings, including Coffee/tea in restaurant.
  • A la carte in restaurant: I tried the seafood, and it was delicious.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Lifesaver after a long day of sun!

The Foodie's Rollercoaster: The food was… a mixed bag, to be honest. The buffet was decent, nothing to write home about, but it got the job done. The a la carte menu had some real gems, especially the seafood. But… the prices! Ouch. And the Happy hour drinks? Awesome. The Poolside bar was a lifesaver, especially after a few hours baking in the sun.

Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Paradise Found (Mostly)

This is where Islamorada's Sands really shines. The Florida Keys are all about relaxation, and this place delivers.

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Stunning!
  • Pool with view: Yes, please!
  • Spa/sauna: Glorious.
  • Massage: Heaven. I may or may not have fallen asleep mid-massage… don't judge.
  • Steamroom: Perfect for detoxing after a few too many cocktails.
  • Gym/fitness: I saw it. I didn't use it. (Hey, I was on vacation!)

Okay, so I spent a lot of time at the Pool with view. And it was magnificent. The turquoise water, the swaying palm trees, the sun beating down… pure bliss. But let's talk about the spa. The Spa/sauna was my personal highlight. I booked a Body scrub and a Body wrap, which was a mistake. I felt so relaxed I forgot what year it was.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

  • Concierge: Super helpful.
  • Daily housekeeping: Spotless rooms.
  • Laundry service: A must after a week of sun and sand.
  • Cash withdrawal: Convenient.
  • Gift/souvenir shop: For those last-minute trinkets.

For the Kids:

  • Family/child friendly: Definitely.
  • Babysitting service: Available.
  • Kids meal: Provided.

Available in all rooms:

  • Air conditioning: Essential in the Keys!
  • Coffee/tea maker: A must-have for me.
  • Free bottled water: Appreciated.
  • Hair dryer: Saved my hair.
  • In-room safe box: Peace of mind.
  • Mini bar: Tempting.
  • Wake-up service: Reliable.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: (When it works!).

The Imperfect Perfection

Okay, so Islamorada's Sands isn't perfect. The internet can be a pain, and the food prices might make you wince. But the location? The stunning pool? The spa? The overall vibe? It's pure Florida Keys magic.

My Honest Opinion: Would I go back? Absolutely. Despite the minor imperfections, Islamorada's Sands offers a truly memorable experience. It's a place where you can unwind, recharge, and forget about the real world for a while.

The Offer (Because You Deserve It!):

Escape to Islamorada's Sands: Your Slice of Paradise Awaits!

Tired of the daily grind? Craving sun, sand, and relaxation? Then pack your bags and head to Islamorada's Sands!

Here's why you should book NOW:

  • Unwind in Style: Soak up the sun by our stunning pool with a view. Indulge in a rejuvenating spa treatment, from body scrubs to massages.
  • Delicious Dining: Savor fresh seafood, enjoy delicious drinks, and enjoy a delightful Happy hour.
  • Unforgettable Experiences: Explore the Florida Keys, snorkel in crystal-clear waters, or simply relax and do absolutely nothing.
  • Peace of Mind: We've got you covered with top-notch Cleanliness and safety protocols, so you can relax and enjoy your vacation worry-free.

Book your stay at Islamorada's Sands today and receive:

  • Free Wi-Fi: (We're working on improving it, we promise!)
  • Complimentary bottle of water: because hydration is key!
  • Access to all our amazing amenities

Don't miss out on this chance to create unforgettable memories. Click here to book your escape to paradise!

Pro Tip: Request a room with a balcony facing the ocean. You won't regret it!

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Mediterraneo, Palermo's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly manicured travel itinerary. We're heading to the Sands of Islamorada, Florida, and trust me, it's gonna be a glorious, sunburnt, slightly chaotic adventure. This is my brain on vacation planning, and it’s… well, it's a lot.

Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious, Glorious Ocean (and Mild Panic)

  • Morning (ish): Fly into Miami. Okay, first hurdle. Airports are always a vibe, right? Like a giant, echoing petri dish of humanity. Pray to the travel gods for a smooth flight and, more importantly, that my luggage doesn't end up in Saskatchewan. (True story, that happened once. Don't ask.)
  • Afternoon: Rent the car. Ugh, the rental car counter. It's always a negotiation, isn't it? "Oh, you want the actual car you booked? Well, that'll be extra…" Anyway, eventually get the keys to a slightly-too-small-for-all-my-junk-and-the-sunscreen-that-I-overpacked-again car.
  • Late Afternoon/Early Evening: Drive to Islamorada. This is where the fun really starts. The drive is gorgeous, the water is the most unbelievable shade of turquoise I've ever seen. Honestly, I almost cried. Seriously. Then I got distracted by a billboard for… well, I don't remember what it was, but it was distracting.
  • Check-in at Sands of Islamorada: Ah, the moment of truth. Fingers crossed the room is decent. I'm not expecting the Ritz, but I'm also not expecting a roach motel. Praying for clean sheets. And maybe a balcony with a view. (Update: View is gorgeous, but the sheets… hmm. Let's just say I'm glad I packed a travel-sized bottle of Febreze.)
  • Evening: Unpack (or, you know, just throw my stuff on a chair). Then, the ocean! I'm talking pure, unadulterated, salt-water bliss. I'm going to walk straight into that water and let the anxiety of the past year just… melt away. I'm going to float. I'm going to pretend I'm a mermaid. I'll probably also get sunburned. Worth it. We will enjoy the sunset with a cocktail.

Day 2: Keys Life and Snorkeling (and Maybe Vomiting?)

  • Morning: Coffee on the balcony. The sun is rising over the water. I'm feeling… optimistic. Maybe this whole vacation thing isn't so bad after all.
  • Late Morning: The most important part of this trip: Snorkeling! I've never snorkeled before, and I'm a little terrified. I’ve seen Finding Nemo. I know what’s down there. But I’m also super excited. We're going to a reef, and they say the water is crystal clear. I'm picturing myself swimming with colorful fish, maybe even a sea turtle. I am determined to conquer my fear of the deep. I will not panic. I will breathe. I will…
  • Afternoon: Lunch. Hopefully I haven't swallowed too much seawater while snorkeling. I'm starving.
  • Late Afternoon: Relax, read a book (probably on the beach, because, hey, I'm on vacation). Or maybe I'll just stare at the ocean. The ocean is mesmerizing.
  • Evening: Dinner. I'm thinking seafood, obviously. I'm on the coast! We'll find a little shack on the water, and maybe have some live music. I'm also hoping they have key lime pie. Because, you know, Florida.

Day 3: Fishing and Key Lime Pie (and Possible Disaster)

  • Morning: FISHING! Okay, I've never fished before. I'm not a "fishy" person. But I'm willing to try. I'm envisioning myself reeling in a giant, majestic fish. I'm picturing a photo for the gram. I'm also picturing myself getting seasick and throwing up everywhere. (Fingers crossed for the former, not the latter.)
  • Afternoon: Assuming I haven't spent the entire morning hugging the toilet, we'll explore Islamorada. Maybe a local art gallery or the History of Diving Museum. Or maybe we'll just drive around, soaking up the atmosphere.
  • Late Afternoon: Key Lime Pie Quest! We are on a mission. We will find the best key lime pie in Islamorada. We will sample all the pies. We will become key lime pie connoisseurs. This is a serious undertaking.
  • Evening: Dinner at a restaurant. I'm hoping for a nice atmosphere and good food. Not a huge fan of overly fancy places, but I wouldn’t mind a romantic dinner.

Day 4: The Last Day and the inevitable melancholy of leaving

  • Morning: Last lazy morning on the beach. I'll take one last swim in the ocean. I'll watch the sun rise. I'll try to memorize every detail of this beautiful place.
  • Afternoon: Pack up. Say goodbye to our little paradise. This is always the hardest part.
  • Late Afternoon: Head back to Miami.
  • Evening: Fly home. Reflect on the trip. Already missing the ocean. Already planning my next adventure.

Quirky Observations and Emotional Reactions:

  • The humidity is a beast. My hair has already gone full-on frizz.
  • The sunsets are even more breathtaking than the photos. Seriously, go see them.
  • I'm pretty sure I saw a pelican give me the side-eye.
  • I'm genuinely surprised by how relaxed I feel. The ocean has a magical power.
  • I'm already dreading going back to reality.

Imperfections and Rambles:

  • I'm terrible at planning. I tend to go with the flow. Which means things might get a little… unstructured.
  • I'm a chronic over-packer. I brought three different kinds of sunscreen. Just in case.
  • I'm probably going to buy a souvenir that I'll regret later.
  • I might get lost. A lot.
  • I'm probably going to cry when I have to leave.

Final Thoughts:

This trip is about escaping the routine, embracing the unexpected, and just… breathing. It's about the sun, the sand, and the sea. It's about creating memories, even if they're slightly messy ones. It's about finding joy in the simple things. And yes, it's about the key lime pie. Wish me luck!

Uncover Assisi's Hidden Gem: Relais Favorita Awaits!

Book Now

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Islamorada's Sands: Spill the Sand, Spill the Tea (and Maybe Some Tears) - A FAQ

Alright, alright, alright! You're thinking about Islamorada's Sands? Good choice! But listen, it ain't all sunshine and daiquiris. I've been there. I've sweated there. I've cried there (mostly from the sunburn, let's be honest). So, buckle up, buttercups, because here's the real deal, FAQ-style, with a healthy dose of me.

Okay, So What *IS* Islamorada's Sands, Exactly? Is it... a beach?

Well, kinda. Technically, it's not a giant, sprawling beach like you'd find in, say, South Beach. It's a series of sandy patches, mostly around the various resorts and rentals. Think more "pocket beaches" than "endless stretches." Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! It keeps things intimate. But don't go expecting to run a marathon on the sand. Unless you're REALLY motivated. And maybe a little sunstroked.

I remember this one time... I was trying to find a "secret beach" I'd read about online. Spent like, an hour wandering around, sweating buckets, swatting at mosquitos the size of small birds. Finally found this tiny little cove, barely big enough for a towel. And guess what? It was *covered* in seaweed. Nature, man. She's a fickle mistress.

Is it Good for Swimming?

Depends. The water is generally clear and beautiful, the color of a Tiffany box. But again, it's the Keys. Shallow water is your friend. Deep water? Beware the currents! And, you know, the occasional… *thing*… that lurks beneath. I am NOT a fan of anything that brushes my leg in the water. Nope. No thank you.

I went snorkeling once – ONCE – and saw a barracuda. A BIG one. Swam right past me, looking all judgey. I swear, it was sizing me up. I haven't been snorkeling since. My therapist says it's a "healthy fear." I say it's common sense.

What about Watersports? Can I Jet Ski? Paddleboard?

Oh, yeah! You can absolutely get your watersport on! Jet skis are available (prepare for some serious sticker shock, though). Paddleboarding is HUGE. Kayaking is another great option for exploring the mangroves. And don't forget parasailing! (I'm still too chicken, but you do you.)

My friend, bless her heart, tried to paddleboard. Let's just say, she spent more time *in* the water than *on* the board. It was hilarious. And I mean, *hilarious*. I nearly choked on my piña colada from laughing so hard. Karma, though, she got me back the next day when I tried to kayak. Let's just say I ended up face-first in a mangrove swamp. Smelled divine, I tell you.

What's the Vibe? Is it Party Central? Or Relaxing and Chill?

A little of both, honestly. Islamorada is generally more chill than, say, Key West. But there are definitely pockets of party energy, especially around the bars and restaurants. You can find lively happy hours, live music, and all that jazz. But you can also find quiet coves to relax and read a book. It's all about what you're looking for.

I went with my family once. My teenage niece was determined to find the "party." My grandma just wanted to nap on the beach. Let's just say, things got... interesting. There was a lot of negotiating. And a lot of eye-rolling. Eventually, we compromised: a quiet beach in the morning, a little bar hopping in the afternoon. Everyone survived, miraculously.

Okay, but the Mosquitos... Are they *that* bad?

YES. They are. Bring bug spray. Seriously. The kind that smells like a chemical factory. You'll thank me later. Especially around dusk and dawn. They're relentless. I've lost entire blood banks to those little vampires. And the no-see-ums? Don't even get me started. They're evil little ninjas that you can't even *see* until the next day when you're covered in itchy bites.

I once went on a romantic sunset walk. Romantic? More like a mosquito buffet. I spent the entire time swatting and cursing. My "romantic" partner just kept laughing. I'm still holding a grudge, years later.

What About Food? Any Must-Try Restaurants?

Oh, the food! This is where Islamorada really shines! Seafood, seafood, seafood! You HAVE to try the fresh catch. Plenty of places offer delicious conch chowder, lobster rolls, and key lime pie (obviously). Look for places that are waterfront. The views are stunning, and the food tastes even better when you're watching the sunset.

My absolute favorite? The Lorelei Restaurant & Cabana Bar. The sunset views are legendary. The live music is fantastic. And the fish tacos? Divine. I've literally dreamed about those fish tacos. Okay, maybe I haven't. But I *would* if I didn't have nightmares about barracudas.

Any Tips for Packing?

Okay, listen up! Pack light, but pack smart. Here's the essentials: Bathing suits (duh!), sunscreen (high SPF!), bug spray (industrial strength!), a hat, sunglasses, a cover-up, and comfortable shoes (flip-flops, water shoes, something for walking around). Oh, and a waterproof phone case! You'll be taking a million pictures. Don't forget a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated. And maybe a book. Or three. Because you'll have plenty of time to read.

And don't forget to pack your sense of humor. Because things WILL go wrong. The sun WILL burn you. The mosquitos WILL bite you. But that's all part of the adventure! Embrace the chaos, enjoy the beauty, and don't take yourself too seriously. That's the Islamorada way. And if you're lucky, you might just find a little piece of paradise. Just try not to end up in a mangrove swamp. (I'm still traumatized, can you tell?)

Is it Worth the Trip?

Infinity Inns

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States

Sands of Islamorada Islamorada (FL) United States