Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret: The Pub Hotel's Unbelievable Perks!

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret: The Pub Hotel's Unbelievable Perks!

Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret: The Pub Hotel's Unbelievable Perks! - A Messy, Honest, and Hilarious Review

Okay, folks, LISTEN UP! I'm back from a whirlwind escape to Subic Bay, and I'm here to spill the tea (or maybe the San Miguel…we'll get there) on what's supposedly Subic's BEST Kept Secret: The Pub Hotel. And let me tell you, it's… well, it's something. Buckle up, because this isn't your typical, sanitized travel blog post. We’re diving in deep.

First things first: Accessibility. Now, I don't have any mobility issues myself, thank goodness, but I always pay attention to this because, you know, karma. The website says they have facilities for disabled guests, and an elevator, which is a HUGE plus. They also have an accessible restaurant/lounge on site. I didn't personally test it out, but the fact that they even consider it is a good start. They also have car park [on-site] and car park [free of charge] which is pretty good too.

Internet Access: This is where things get interesting, and by interesting, I mean, sometimes frustrating. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! and, drumroll please, Internet [LAN]! Yes, folks, you can still plug in a freaking cable! (Though I'm not sure who actually does that anymore.) The Wi-Fi in public areas was…spotty. Like, "good enough to check Facebook, but don't even think about streaming a movie" spotty. My advice? Don’t rely on it for anything crucial.

Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, this is HUGE these days. The Pub Hotel knew what was up. They've got all the bells and whistles, including Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer everywhere (thank you, gods!), and Staff trained in safety protocol. They even offer room sanitization opt-out available, which is a nice touch. Plus, and this is important, they have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. Made me feel a little safer, knowing Big Brother was watching… (in a good way, hopefully!). They also have professional-grade sanitizing services, which is a relief.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Alright, now we're talking! This is where The Pub Hotel really shines. The restaurants are plentiful, and the bars are…well, they're pubs. Expect a lot of wood, dark corners, and the comforting smell of beer. They have Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. I'm an adventurous eater, and I loved the Asian Breakfast, and I am a sucker for the Western Breakfast, and I definitely enjoyed the Buffet in restaurant and A la carte in restaurant. They have a Coffee shop, Poolside bar, and a Snack bar. The Happy hour was… well, let's just say I made some new friends. They have Bottle of water and Complimentary tea which is always a nice touch.

My Personal Foodie Adventure - Okay, so I have to tell you about the one meal. The soup in restaurant was the bomb. I ordered the French Onion soup, and it was divine. I'm not kidding. I ate it, I closed my eyes, and I think I actually moaned. The bread was perfectly crusty, the cheese was bubbly, and the broth…oh, the broth! It was a moment. I almost forgot I was in Subic. It was a religious experience. And, look, I know I'm gushing, but it's true. It was that good.

Services and Conveniences: This is the usual stuff, but it's good to know they've got it. Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, a Concierge, Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal. They even have a Gift/souvenir shop. Standard, but appreciated. They also offer Food delivery which is great.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax (and Maybe Overindulge): Okay, so this is where The Pub Hotel REALLY leans into its "unbelievable perks". They have a Swimming pool [outdoor] (with a view!), a Fitness center, and a Spa. I had a Massage (needed after all that French Onion soup, let me tell you), which was amazing. They also have a Steamroom and a Sauna. Basically, if you want to melt into a puddle of relaxation, this is the place. They have a Pool with view. They have a Foot bath and offer a Body scrub and a Body wrap.

For the Kids (and the Kid in You): They have Family/child friendly options and a Babysitting service. I didn’t have kids with me, but it seemed like a decent setup.

Getting Around: They offer Airport transfer, a Taxi service, and Valet parking. They also have Bicycle parking.

Available in All Rooms: Okay, let’s talk about the rooms. They have Air conditioning, a Mini bar, Free bottled water, Coffee/tea maker, a Refrigerator, and a Hair dryer. They also have Air conditioning in public area. It was all pretty standard, but comfortable. My room had a Window that opens, which I always appreciate.

The Room (My Honest Take): My room was…fine. Clean, comfortable bed, good Blackout curtains (essential for those post-Happy Hour naps). It had a Seating area, which was nice. The Shower was decent, and the Toiletries were…well, they were there. Nothing fancy, but they got the job done. The Internet access – wireless was better in the room than in the public areas, thankfully. It was a Non-smoking room. The Bathroom phone seemed a bit…retro, but hey, why not? I even had an Alarm clock. It was a Non-smoking room.

The Quirks (Because Life Isn't Perfect):

  • The elevator, while present, had a personality of its own. Sometimes it worked perfectly; other times, it took a nap between floors.
  • The Wi-Fi signal in some areas was like a shy friend – you could see it, but getting a connection was a challenge.
  • One morning, I swear, the breakfast buffet was running low on bacon. Bacon! A crisis, I tell you! But they refilled it pretty quick.

The Verdict: Should You Book?

Absolutely! The Pub Hotel isn't perfect, but it's got charm, character, and a whole lot of perks that make it a fantastic choice for a Subic Bay getaway. The location is great, the staff are friendly, and the food (especially that French Onion soup!) is worth the trip alone.

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars. Could be 5 if they beef up the Wi-Fi and keep that bacon flowing!


Now, for the Unbelievable Perks Offer!

Tired of the Same Old, Same Old? Escape to Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret!

The Pub Hotel isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a place where you can:

  • Indulge your senses: From the mouthwatering cuisine to the relaxing spa treatments, we've got everything you need to unwind.
  • Stay Connected (Sort Of): Free Wi-Fi (in most places, wink wink) and LAN access!
  • Feel Safe and Secure: We're obsessed with cleanliness and safety, so you can relax and enjoy your stay.
  • Embrace the Unexpected: Quirky charm, friendly staff, and a vibe that's all about fun!
  • Unwind in Comfort: Enjoy comfortable rooms with all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.

But wait, there's MORE! Book your stay at The Pub Hotel NOW and receive:

  • A complimentary welcome drink at the bar! (because you deserve it!)
  • A 10% discount on spa treatments! (because you really deserve it!)
  • Free Parking! (because you can't be bothered with parking fees)
  • Exclusive access to our secret Happy Hour! (shhh…don't tell anyone!)

Don't miss out on Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret! Book your escape to The Pub Hotel today!

Click here to book now and experience the Unbelievable Perks!

#SubicBay #PubHotel #Philippines #Travel #HotelReview #Vacation #Deals #Spa #Foodie #HiddenGem #BestKeptSecret #TravelDeals #Relaxation #Adventure #MustVisit

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Butterfly Condo Awaits in Phuket!

Book Now

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups! This ain't your sanitized, Instagram-perfect travel guide. This is the real, sweaty, sometimes-questionable, and utterly human experience of trying to survive a weekend at The Pub Hotel in Subic, Zambales. Consider yourselves warned.

The Pub Hotel Subic: A Weekend of Questionable Decisions (and Possibly, Fun)

Friday: Arrival and the Siren Song of… Karaoke?

  • 1:00 PM: Manila to Subic - The Great Escape (or, the "Are We There Yet?" Edition)

    Okay, so the traffic out of Manila was, as expected, a soul-crushing monster. Seriously, felt like I spent half my life staring at the back of a bus. The air con was on the fritz, and I was already regretting not packing more water. My travel buddy, bless her heart, was on a mission to find the perfect chicharon vendor. "It's a spiritual quest," she declared, crumbs already clinging to her chin. Finally, finally, after what felt like an eternity, we hit the open road. Freedom! (Or at least, the illusion of it.)

  • 4:00 PM: Check-In at The Pub Hotel - Expectation vs. Reality

    Let’s be honest, the photos online are… generous. The Pub Hotel looks, well, lived-in. Think "rustic charm" that might also be "slightly moldy." The staff, though, are genuinely friendly. They greet you with that classic Filipino hospitality, and the air conditioning actually works. Score! Our room? Basic. Functional. Honestly, after the bus ride, I was just happy to have a bed.

  • 6:00 PM: Reconnaissance Mission - Finding the Goods (and the Karaoke!)

    First things first: find beer. And maybe, just maybe, some decent food. The hotel restaurant? Meh. We ventured out, and immediately got sucked into the vortex of Subic nightlife. The first bar we stumbled into? Karaoke. Of course. My friend, with a gleam in her eye, immediately signed up. (I'm pretty sure she's convinced she's a pop star.) I, on the other hand, found myself nursing a San Miguel Light and praying for earplugs. The singing? Let's just say, it was… enthusiastic.

  • 9:00 PM: Food, Glorious Food (and Questionable Choices)

    After the karaoke, my stomach was rumbling. We found a place with some decent-looking sisig. The spice level was, shall we say, intense. I was sweating, my friend was giggling, and we both agreed it was the best (and possibly only) meal of the trip so far.

  • 11:00 PM: The Pub… Pubbing?

    Back to the hotel bar. The crowd was… interesting. A mix of locals, expats, and tourists, all united by the universal language of cheap beer and a shared desire to forget the week. I ended up chatting with a guy who swore he'd seen a ghost in the hotel. (Of course he had.) I laughed it off, but as I lay in bed later that night, the creaks and groans of the old building… well, let's just say I didn't sleep soundly.

Saturday: Sun, Sand, and a Whole Lotta Regret (Maybe?)

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast of Champions (or, Hangover Cure?)

    The hotel breakfast was… passable. Eggs, toast, and the ever-present (and slightly mysterious) Filipino sausage. I needed coffee. Desperately. My friend, bless her heart, was already planning our day. "Beach! Adventure! Fun!" she chirped. I just wanted to lie in bed and contemplate the meaning of life (or at least, why I thought karaoke was a good idea).

  • 10:00 AM: Beach Day - The Sand, the Sun, and the Unexpected Drama

    We headed to a nearby beach. The sand was fine, the water was… well, it was the South China Sea, so it wasn't exactly crystal clear. We found a spot, set up our towels, and promptly got harassed by a persistent vendor selling… everything. Sunglasses, hats, massages, questionable fried snacks. It was a sensory overload. Then, a minor drama erupted when a group of kids started playing a very loud game of volleyball right next to us. My friend, who loves volleyball, almost joined in, but I convinced her to stay put. (Mostly because I didn't want to get involved.)

  • 1:00 PM: Lunch with a View… and a Seagull Attack!

    We found a beachfront restaurant with a decent view. The food was… better than expected. Until the seagulls. These feathered fiends were relentless. One of them swooped down and tried to steal my friend's fries. It was chaos. We spent the rest of the meal guarding our plates like they were priceless treasures.

  • 3:00 PM: The "Water Activity" Debacle

    My friend, bless her heart, had booked a jet ski. I, on the other hand, am terrified of anything that moves faster than a snail. I agreed to go along, mostly to document the impending disaster. Let's just say, she's not exactly a natural. The jet ski wobbled, lurched, and almost capsized multiple times. I was screaming, she was laughing hysterically, and the poor instructor looked like he was about to have a heart attack. We eventually made it back to shore, soaked, shaken, and still alive. It was an experience, that’s for sure.

  • 6:00 PM: The "I Need a Shower and a Nap" Hour

    Back at the hotel. I showered, I napped. Bliss.

  • 8:00 PM: Dinner and the Return of Karaoke (Oh, the Humanity!)

    We went back to the same bar. The food was… less exciting than the night before. And, you guessed it, the karaoke was back. My friend, emboldened by her near-death jet ski experience, decided to sing a power ballad. The entire bar erupted in applause. (I think they were just relieved she hadn't accidentally launched herself into the ocean.) I retreated to a corner and contemplated the existential dread of karaoke.

Sunday: The Long Road Home (and the Lingering Smell of… Adventure?)

  • 9:00 AM: Checkout and the Morning After Feelings

    We woke up with a slight headache, and a lingering sense of… well, something. The hotel staff waved goodbye with a smile. I felt a twinge of sadness to leave, even though I knew I wouldn't miss the karaoke.

  • 10:00 AM: The Final Meal - Searching for Redemption (and Good Coffee)

    Before the drive home, we hunted down a decent cafe. Found it. Coffee was strong, the food was good. I was starting to feel human again.

  • 12:00 PM: The Drive Back to Manila - Reflections and Regrets (and Promises to Return?)

    The drive back was, thankfully, uneventful. I spent the time reflecting on the weekend. It wasn't perfect. It was messy, chaotic, and at times, downright ridiculous. But it was also… fun. There were moments of pure joy, shared laughter, and the kind of memories that stick with you long after the sunburn fades. Would I go back to The Pub Hotel? Maybe. Probably. Just maybe. And next time, I'm bringing earplugs. And maybe a hazmat suit. (Just kidding… mostly.) Subic, you weird, wonderful place, you.

Gangneung's Hidden Gem: Jumunjin Sodol's Breathtaking Coast!

Book Now

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

Subic Bay's BEST Kept Secret: The Pub Hotel's Unbelievable Perks! (Or, My Slightly-Unhinged Guide)

Okay, Okay, Spill the Tea: What's the Big Deal with The Pub Hotel? Why all the hype?

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because the hype? It's REAL. I mean, I was skeptical at first. "Another hotel in Subic?" I grumbled, picturing overpriced rooms and lukewarm service. But The Pub Hotel? It's... different. Think less "hotel" and more "secret society for people who like a good time, a comfy bed, and maybe a little bit of chaos."
It's the whole vibe, honestly. It's the kind of place where you stumble in after a long day, maybe a *little* worse for wear (Subic will do that to you!), and immediately feel like you've walked into a friend's ridiculously awesome living room. The staff? They're not just staff; they're your wingmen, your cheerleaders, your enablers (in the best way possible!). They remember your name, your drink, and probably the embarrassing story you drunkenly shared the night before. (Don't worry, they're discreet...mostly.)

So, What *Exactly* Are These "Unbelievable Perks"? Give me the goods!

Alright, let's break it down, shall we?
1. The Pool (and the Hangover Cure): Okay, picture this: You wake up. Your head feels like a cement mixer. Then you remember... the pool! It's not just a pool; it's a shimmering oasis of pure, blessed relief. Chlorine-scented heaven, I tell you! And the best part? They often have a "hangover breakfast" special. Think greasy, delicious, and probably illegal levels of comfort food. Pure genius. Seriously, one time I swore I was actually *dying* after a particularly epic night, and that breakfast pulled me back from the brink. I'm pretty sure it was a religious experience.
2. The Pub Itself (Duh!): It's in the name, people! This isn't just a bar; it's the heart and soul of the place. Live music most nights, a fantastic selection of drinks (the cocktails are lethal, in the best way!), and a crowd that's always up for a laugh. I’ve met more interesting people in that pub than I have in most of my life combined. There was this one time, I was chatting with a guy who claimed to be a retired deep-sea diver… and then proceeded to tell me the most outlandish stories about underwater treasure and giant squid. Honestly, I didn't believe a word, but it was utterly captivating!
3. The Rooms (Surprisingly Comfy!): Okay, I was expecting cramped, noisy, and generally forgettable. But the rooms? They're actually really nice! Clean, comfortable beds, decent air conditioning (a MUST in Subic), and a surprising amount of space. I've stayed in some truly horrific hotel rooms in my time, so this was a pleasant shock. They're not the Ritz, but they're perfect for crashing after a night of… well, you know.
4. The Staff (Absolute Legends): Seriously, these people are the unsung heroes. They're friendly, helpful, and genuinely seem to care about making your stay awesome. They'll give you recommendations, help you with anything you need, and even tolerate your drunken antics with a smile. I once locked myself out of my room at 3 AM (don't ask), and the night staff just chuckled and helped me out. No judgment, just assistance. That's the kind of service you can't put a price on.
5. The Location, Location, Location: Right in the middle of everything! You're steps away from the action, the bars, the restaurants, the beaches. You can literally stumble out of the pub and into your room. Convenience is KING.
6. The Price (Surprisingly Reasonable!): Compared to some of the other hotels in the area, you're getting a *steal* for what you get. Seriously, I've paid way more for way less.

Any Downsides? Because nothing's perfect, right? Spill the tea, sister!

Okay, let's be real. It's not ALL sunshine and rainbows.
1. Noise: It's a pub! It's lively! So, yeah, it can be noisy at night. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. I'm not a light sleeper, and even *I* sometimes found myself grumbling about the band at 2 AM. But honestly? It's part of the charm.
2. The "Atmosphere": Look, this isn't a luxury resort. It's a fun, rowdy, slightly chaotic place. If you're looking for quiet sophistication, this ain't it. Embrace the chaos.
3. The Food (Sometimes Hit or Miss): The pub food is generally good, but sometimes the kitchen can get overwhelmed during peak hours. The hangover breakfast is legendary, though, so that makes up for it.
4. Parking (Can be a Pain): Parking can be a bit tricky, especially on weekends. But hey, you can always walk, right? Or, you know, take a tricycle.

Okay, You've Convinced Me. How Do I Book This Magical Place?

Easy peasy! Check their website or various booking platforms. But here’s a pro-tip: try calling them directly. They’re super friendly and might be able to offer you a better deal or hook you up with a specific room. Book in advance, especially if you're going during peak season (Christmas, New Year's, etc.). And prepare for a good time! Seriously, pack your bags, your sense of humor, and maybe a pair of earplugs. You won't regret it.

Any "Must-Do" Experiences at The Pub Hotel?

Oh, absolutely!
1. The Karaoke Night: Even if you think you can't sing (and let's be honest, most of us can't), you HAVE to do karaoke. The atmosphere is electric, the drinks are flowing, and everyone's in it together. I’ve witnessed some truly epic (and hilariously awful) performances. Just embrace the terrible singing and the inevitable laughter. It's a bonding experience.
2. The "Hangover Breakfast" by the Pool: I mentioned this before, but it deserves a second mention. Seriously, it's a lifesaver. Order extra bacon. Trust me.
3. Chatting up the Locals: The Pub Hotel attracts a diverse crowd. Strike up a conversation with the staff, the other guests, the regulars. You'll hear some amazing stories, get insider tips, and maybe even make some new friends. I once met a guy who had sailed around the world… and he bought me a beer!
4. The "Late Night Swim": If you're feeling brave (and maybe a little tipsy), take a dip in the pool late at night. It's surprisingly refreshing and adds to the whole "secret society" vibe. Just, you know, be careful. And don't fall in the fountain. (I may or may not have done that once.) Book a Stay

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines

The Pub Hotel Subic (Zambales) Philippines