
Escape to Paradise: Heaven's Rest B&B, Bombay, New Zealand
Escape to Paradise: Heaven's Rest B&B, Bombay, NZ - My Honest Take (and a Plea to Just Book It Already!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just spent a week at Escape to Paradise: Heaven's Rest B&B in Bombay, New Zealand, and I'm here to give you the REAL deal. Forget those polished travel brochures; this is the raw, unfiltered truth. And spoiler alert: I’m already plotting my return.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag (But Mostly Good!)
Let's be real, navigating the world with mobility limitations can be a headache. Heaven's Rest? Pretty decent, but not perfect. They do have facilities for disabled guests, which is a HUGE plus. The elevator is a godsend (especially after a particularly enthusiastic session in the sauna – more on that later!). I didn't personally need a wheelchair, but I saw some ramps and generally accessible areas. However, I didn't see specific details on things like grab bars in the bathrooms, so it's worth double-checking if you need those specifics. Accessibility is definitely a priority, but call ahead to confirm everything meets your needs.
The Internet Situation: Free Wi-Fi FTW (and LAN if you're old school!)
Alright, modern life essentials: internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it's actually reliable, which is a miracle. They also have Internet access – LAN if you are into that old school vibe. I mean, who even uses LAN anymore? But hey, choices! Wi-Fi in public areas is also available, so you can Instagram your breakfast poolside (again, more on that later).
Cleanliness and Safety: They're Trying REALLY Hard (and it Shows!)
This is where Heaven's Rest really shines. I felt incredibly safe. They’re obsessed with cleanliness, and in a good way! They’re using anti-viral cleaning products, have daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays. They even offer room sanitization opt-out, which is cool if you're, you know, a germaphobe (no judgement!). They have hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff are clearly trained in safety protocol. There are CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property, so you can feel like you are safe. I also noticed a first aid kit and a doctor/nurse on call. The safe dining setup was also very reassuring. They really do take cleanliness seriously.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (with Some Quirks!)
Okay, food! This is where things get interesting. The restaurants are good, but not Michelin-star good. They do have Asian cuisine in restaurant and Western cuisine in restaurant, so you have options! Breakfast [buffet] is a solid start to the day, but the real star is the breakfast in room option! Imagine, waking up, opening your door, and BOOM! A tray of deliciousness. The coffee/tea in restaurant is decent, and they have a bar with a happy hour, which is always a win. I'm not going to lie, the poolside bar is where I spent a significant amount of time. They have desserts in restaurant, which is important, and a snack bar for when you're feeling peckish. Don't expect anything revolutionary, but you won't starve. I had a rather memorable experience trying the salad, it was a bit limp, but they were happy to make me a new one. I will note that they have alternative meal arrangement and vegetarian restaurant, which is great for people with dietary restrictions.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Paradise Found (or at Least, Pretty Close!)
Alright, this is where Heaven's Rest really earns its name. The swimming pool [outdoor] is stunning, with a pool with a view that will make you feel like you're in a movie. The sauna is legit, and the steamroom is the perfect way to sweat out all the stress of, well, life. But the Spa/sauna is where it's at. I got a massage and it was pure bliss. They also have a gym/fitness center if you are into that. I did not go, but I saw it. I was more into the foot bath. I did not try the body wrap or body scrub, because I am a simple man, but they are available.
Services and Conveniences: They've Thought of Everything (Almost!)
Heaven's Rest is all about making your life easy. They have daily housekeeping, laundry service, and dry cleaning. The concierge is super helpful. They offer currency exchange, which is handy. There's a convenience store if you forgot your toothbrush. They have luggage storage and a safe deposit box. They even have cash withdrawal facilities. They have air conditioning in public area and air conditioning in the room.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Vibes
I'm not a parent, but I saw a lot of families enjoying themselves. They have babysitting service, kids facilities, and even a kids meal. They are definitely family/child friendly.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy
The car park [free of charge] is a lifesaver. They also offer airport transfer, which is great. They have a taxi service if you need it.
Available in All Rooms: Your Home Away From Home
The air conditioning works like a charm. The bathrobes are plush. The coffee/tea maker is essential. The desk is perfect for pretending to work (we all do it!). The hair dryer is powerful. The in-room safe box is reassuring. The mini bar is stocked (maybe a little too stocked!). The satellite/cable channels are plentiful. The Wi-Fi [free] is, again, a godsend. The window that opens let in the fresh New Zealand air. I will say the blackout curtains were a bit too effective. I slept through my alarm a few times!
My Personal Highlights (and a Few Gripes!)
Okay, here's the juicy stuff. The highlight? The pool. Seriously. Pure, unadulterated bliss. Floating in that water, looking at the view… chef's kiss. I'm telling you, it's worth the trip alone.
The staff? Generally lovely. Super helpful, always smiling. However, there was one slightly awkward moment where I tried to order room service at 3 am. It was not the best experience, but they were very apologetic.
And the imperfection? The lighting in my room was a little dim. I had to squint to read sometimes. But honestly? It's a tiny price to pay for paradise.
The Offer: Stop Reading, Start Booking!
Here's the deal: Escape to Paradise: Heaven's Rest B&B isn't perfect. But it's close. It's comfortable, it's clean, it's relaxing, and it's got that "I'm on vacation" feeling down pat.
Book your stay NOW and receive a complimentary bottle of local New Zealand wine upon arrival! Plus, for the first 20 bookings, we're including a free upgrade to a room with a private balcony overlooking the pool!
Seriously, don't wait. This place is a gem. Just book it. You won't regret it. And tell them I sent you. Maybe they'll give me a discount on my next stay! ;)
Modena by Fraser Buriram: Thailand's Most Luxurious Escape Awaits!
Heaven's Rest B&B, Bombay, New Zealand: A Messy Itinerary (and My Head)
Okay, so this isn't your slick, perfectly-formatted travel brochure itinerary. This is my itinerary. And let me tell you, after a flight that felt longer than the actual existence of time, my brain is a scrambled egg. But hey, Heaven's Rest B&B in Bombay, New Zealand! Sounds promising, right? Let's see if it lives up to the name.
Day 1: Arrival & Instant Regret (Just Kidding… Mostly)
- 14:00 (ish) - Land in Auckland, New Zealand. The passport control lady looked at me like I was personally responsible for the global economic crisis. Maybe I am. Who knows anymore. Anyway, after a near-miss with a rogue luggage cart (seriously, those things are weaponized), I finally grab my bag. It’s a miracle.
- 15:30 - Pick up Rental Car (The "Kiwi Cruiser"). This is where things get interesting. I opted for the "compact" option, thinking, "Hey, I'm traveling solo, no need for a Hummer!" Famous last words. This "compact" car is smaller than my bathtub. And the GPS lady? Sounds like a bored librarian. "In 200 meters… turn… sigh… left." I swear, she's trying to drive me insane.
- 17:00 - Drive to Heaven's Rest B&B (Bombay). The drive itself is stunning. Rolling hills, sheep EVERYWHERE (seriously, they're practically posing for the camera), and the air smells… clean. Like, really clean. I actually took a deep breath and felt… calmer. Okay, maybe this New Zealand thing isn't a complete disaster.
- 18:00 - Check-in. Meet Brenda (Heaven's Rest's Owner). Brenda is a force of nature. Think a slightly eccentric, extremely welcoming Kiwi woman with a smile that could melt glaciers. She greeted me with a hug and a "Welcome, love! You look knackered!" Spot on, Brenda. Spot on. She showed me to my room, which is… well, it's charming. In a slightly-worn-but-loved kind of way. The floral wallpaper is, shall we say, vintage. But the view from the window? Glorious. Fields of green stretching out forever.
- 19:00 - Unpack (or attempt to). My suitcase exploded. Seriously. Clothes, toiletries, and a half-eaten bag of airplane peanuts… all over the floor. This is going to be a long trip.
- 19:30 - Dinner at the B&B (Brenda's Cooking!). Brenda made a roast lamb. It was… amazing. Seriously, the best lamb I've ever tasted. She plied me with wine (much needed) and regaled me with stories of her life in New Zealand. She's a widow, she told me, but she's a survivor. And she's hilarious. We talked until late, about everything and nothing. I left the table feeling… happy. Maybe Heaven's Rest isn't just a name.
- 22:00 - Collapse into bed. Exhausted but content. This place is a little piece of heaven. Or at least, a really good start.
Day 2: Sheep, Swings, and a Moment of Pure Joy (Followed by Mild Panic)
- 08:00 - Breakfast (Brenda's Pancakes!). Brenda's pancakes are legendary. Fluffy, golden, and served with fresh fruit and homemade maple syrup. I ate way too many. Regret set in quickly.
- 09:00 - Explore the Property. Okay, so the B&B is surrounded by… fields. And sheep. Lots and lots of sheep. I wandered around, taking photos, feeling like I'd stumbled into a postcard. I even tried to pet a sheep. It ran away. Rude.
- 09:30 - The Swing. Brenda pointed me to a swing hanging from a massive tree overlooking the valley. "Just relax, love," she said. "Let it all go." And I did. For a while, I just swung, feeling the wind in my hair, watching the clouds drift by. It was… pure, unadulterated joy. Like being a kid again. I almost cried. Don't judge me.
- 10:30 - The Panic. I realized I had no idea what I was doing for the rest of the day. No itinerary. No plan. Just… me and a rental car that felt like a clown car. Panic started to bubble up. I ran back to the B&B and found Brenda.
- 11:00 - Brenda to the Rescue! "Right, love," she said, calmly. "You need a bit of adventure. Go to the Hunua Falls, they're spectacular! Then, pop into the Clevedon Farmers' Market for some lunch. And don't forget to try the local ice cream!" Brenda is the best travel agent ever.
- 12:00 - Hunua Falls. The falls were breathtaking. The water thundered down, a misty veil against the green. I walked along the trails, feeling the spray on my face, utterly awestruck. I even saw a tiny, ridiculously cute bird. (I failed to take a picture as I was too busy gawking.)
- 13:30 - Clevedon Farmers' Market. Oh. My. God. Food heaven. Freshly baked bread, cheeses, pastries, and the most amazing coffee I've ever tasted. I bought far too much, including a jar of local honey that I’m pretty sure is liquid gold.
- 15:00 - Ice Cream! Brenda was right. The ice cream was divine. I got a double scoop of Hokey Pokey, which is a New Zealand thing. It was the perfect end to a perfect day.
- 16:00 - Driving Back to the B&B. I got lost. Twice. The GPS lady was not amused. Neither was I.
- 17:00 - Relaxing at the B&B. Brenda offered me tea and biscuits. I sat on the porch, watching the sunset, and felt… content. The panic had subsided. I had a plan for tomorrow. (sort of)
- 19:00 - Dinner at the B&B (Brenda's Seafood Chowder!). Another triumph. Brenda is a culinary genius. We talked about life, love, and the best way to peel a potato. I'm starting to think I could happily live here forever.
Day 3: The "Things That Went Wrong" Edition
- 08:00 - Breakfast (Brenda's French Toast). Delicious. But I spilled coffee all over myself. Graceful.
- 09:00 - Attempting to Drive to the Beach. Brenda recommended a coastal drive. Said it was "stunning". Sounded perfect.
- 09:30 - The Wrong Turn. The GPS lady and I had a major disagreement. I swear, she deliberately led me down a dirt track that was more suited for a tank than a tiny rental car.
- 10:00 - The Stuck Car. Yep. Got stuck. In the mud. Humiliated.
- 10:30 - The Kiwi Cavalry (Brenda to the Rescue… Again!). Called Brenda. She arrived with a tractor and a look of amused exasperation. Turns out, I wasn't the first to get stuck on that track. She even knew the farmer whose land I’d trespassed on (accidentally, of course!).
- 11:00 - Freeing the Car. Brenda and the farmer, a grizzled, friendly man named Dave, winched me out. Dave gave me a lecture on the importance of reading road signs. Brenda just patted me on the back and said, "It happens, love."
- 11:30 - Delayed Beach Plans. I decided to abandon the coastal drive. My nerves couldn't take it.
- 12:00 - Lunch at a Local Pub. Found a charming pub in a tiny town. Had a burger and a beer, and tried to forget the muddy car incident. Failed.
- 14:00 - Back to the B&B. Needed a serious dose of Brenda's cheerfulness.
- 14:30 - Resting in my room. I feel very emotionally drained.
- **15:

Escape to Paradise: Heaven's Rest B&B - Bombay, New Zealand - You've Got Questions, I've Got (Mostly) Honest Answers
So, is "Heaven's Rest" actually... heavenly? Like, are the angels singing?
Okay, alright, let's be real. Angels? Singing? Nope. Unless you count the cicadas in summer, which, let's be honest, sound more like a rusty chainsaw than a celestial choir. But... *heavenly*? It's got moments. Like, seriously *stunning* moments. Picture this: you're sprawled out on the deck, the sun's kissing your face, and you're staring at the rolling hills... just absolute *green*. You can almost smell the sheep (and let me tell you, that's a *unique* New Zealand aroma). It's peaceful. It's quiet. It's a far cry from the honking horns and general chaos of... well, everywhere else. So, not *literally* heaven, but definitely a good escape, you know?
The website photos look *perfect*. Is it all Photoshop magic?
Look, I'm no expert, but I'd wager a small farm on some judicious use of filters. The views? Absolutely real. The sunsets? Unbelievable. The *rooms*? Well... they're nice. Clean. Comfortable. But the *perfect* lighting? Probably. I remember thinking, "Wow, that pillow looks *fluffy*!" And then I got there and it was... a pillow. A perfectly fine pillow, mind you. Just, not *as* fluffy as the photos implied. My advice? Manage your expectations a *tiny* bit. The reality is still pretty darn good. And hey, if you're a perfectionist... well, you'll probably find *something* to nitpick anywhere, right? I found a tiny cobweb in the corner once. Made me feel a little better about my own housekeeping skills, actually.
What's the breakfast situation like? I'm a foodie, and a bit of a breakfast snob.
Alright, breakfast. This is where things get... interesting. The website promises 'gourmet breakfasts using locally sourced ingredients'. And, okay, they *do* use local stuff. Probably. The eggs? Definitely eggs. The toast? Toast. The fruit salad? Well, it *was* a fruit salad. One morning, I swear, I saw a single, lonely strawberry looking a little… forlorn. But the *bacon*... OH, the bacon. Crispy, smoky, perfect. Seriously, I'd go back just for the bacon. One day, I was chatting with the host, a lovely woman named Brenda, and I mentioned how much I loved the bacon. She just smiled and said, "That's my secret weapon." So there you have it. Breakfast? Decent. Bacon? Legendary. Bring your own hot sauce.
Is it easy to get to? I'm not exactly a seasoned road-tripper.
Bombay itself is pretty easy to find - it's not exactly hidden. The B&B, however, is a bit of a winding road situation. Google Maps is your friend, trust me. I remember one time, I got a little lost. Okay, a *lot* lost. I ended up on a dirt track, convinced I was about to drive off the edge of the world. Finally, I saw a sheep. And another sheep. And another. They just stared at me. Judgmental sheep, I swear. Eventually, I found my way back. The moral of the story? Download the offline maps *before* you leave. And maybe pack some extra snacks. Just in case the sheep decide to stage a coup and block the road.
What's there to *do* in Bombay? I'm not one for just sitting around.
Okay, this is where you have to embrace the whole "escape" thing. Bombay isn't exactly buzzing with nightlife. It's all about the *views*, the peace, and the quiet. There are some lovely walks, hikes in the nearby Hunua Ranges, and the Bombay Hills are super pretty. Auckland is nearby, so you can day trip to the city. But honestly? I spent a whole afternoon just reading a book on the deck, listening to the birds, and drinking tea. Bliss. Another day I actually did a hike, got a bit lost, and nearly got attacked by a particularly grumpy cow. So yeah, variety! If you're looking for non-stop action, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking to recharge, to slow down, to *breathe*... then you're on the right track.
What's the best thing about Heaven's Rest?
Hands down, the *silence*. That's it. The absolute, glorious, ear-ringing silence. I live in a city. Constant noise. Sirens. Traffic. Neighbors arguing. At Heaven's Rest, it's like someone hit the mute button on the world. You can *hear* yourself think. It's... transformative. One evening, I was sitting on the deck, watching the sunset. The colors were insane. Pink, orange, purple... just a painter's dream. And the silence... it was so profound, so complete, that it actually made me a little emotional. I think I even teared up. Don't tell anyone. But yeah, the silence. That's the magic. That's the real heaven.
Any downsides? Be honest!
Okay, here's the unvarnished truth. The Wi-Fi? A bit patchy. Don't expect to stream Netflix. Embrace the digital detox, I say! And the bathroom... well, it was clean, but not super modern. Think classic B&B, not luxury spa. Oh, and the sheep. They're cute, but they can be *loud* early in the morning. Especially if it's lambing season. I woke up one morning to a chorus of bleating that would make a rock concert sound like a whisper. But honestly? Those are minor quibbles. The pros far outweigh the cons. And hey, if you're expecting perfection, you're going to be disappointed *everywhere*. Just go, relax, and enjoy the bacon.
Would you go back?
Absolutely. Without a doubt. I'm already planning my return. Maybe this time, I'll bring earplugs for the sheep. And extra hot sauce. And a better camera to capture those sunsets. Honestly, even with its quirks, itYour Stay Hub

