
Seoul's Hidden Gem: Daewoo Inn - Unbeatable Korea Quality!
Seoul's Hidden Gem: Daewoo Inn - Unbeatable Korea Quality! - My Honest (and Slightly Rambling) Review
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I'm about to spill the tea, the kimchi, and maybe a little soju about the Daewoo Inn. Let me tell you, finding a decent hotel in Seoul can feel like navigating the Gangnam Style dance – seemingly easy at first, then you're suddenly dizzy and questioning every life choice. But the Daewoo Inn? It's a different vibe entirely. It's not just a hotel; it's an experience. And yes, I’m going to tell you EVERYTHING.
Accessibility & Safety: A Breath of Fresh Air (and Sanitizer!)
First things first: safety. In these post-apocalyptic times (kidding… mostly), cleanliness is KING. The Daewoo Inn gets it. They’ve got the Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays. Seriously, I felt safer there than I do in my own apartment (which, let's be honest, is probably a biohazard). They have hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE, and the staff is clearly trained – they’re like ninjas, silently and efficiently cleaning and sanitizing. They've even got Hygiene certification which is a big plus!
As for accessibility, things are pretty good. Facilities for disabled guests are available (thank goodness!), and there's an elevator. I didn't need a wheelchair, but I did notice the ramps, which is a huge relief for anyone who does. Also, front desk [24-hour] is a blessing, especially when your internal clock is completely wrecked from jet lag.
Internet & Tech Stuff: Wi-Fi That Actually Works! (Hallelujah!)
Okay, this is a big one for me. I need Wi-Fi. Like, I need air and water. The Daewoo Inn delivers. They boast Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and it actually works. I mean, I could stream Netflix, upload Instagram stories, and even video call my mom without the constant buffering that plagues other hotels. They also have Internet [LAN] if you're old-school, but honestly, who even uses LAN anymore? They also offer Wi-Fi in public areas as well.
The Rooms: My Cozy Little Seoul Sanctuary
Let's talk about the rooms. They are, in a word, comfortable. I spent a lot of time in mine, which is a win. The Air conditioning was a lifesaver, especially during that unexpected heatwave. They have Blackout curtains (thank you, universe!), a comfortable bed, and a desk perfect for working (or, let's be honest, ordering room service). They have a Refrigerator, a Coffee/tea maker, and even a Mini bar filled with temptations. The bathroom was clean and well-appointed, with a separate Shower and Bathtub. Bathrobes and slippers were provided. Plus, they have extra long beds which is a big win for a tall person like myself.
Now, a little confession. I may have accidentally locked myself out of my room once. It was late, I was tired, and I blame the jet lag. But the staff was incredibly helpful and got me back in quickly. (My apologies to the Daewoo Inn staff, you were amazing!)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Seoul Adventure
Okay, food. This is where the Daewoo Inn truly shines. I'm a big fan of Asian cuisine, and their restaurant serves some seriously delicious food, including Asian breakfast. They have Restaurants, a Coffee shop, and a Snack bar. They also offer room service [24-hour], which is dangerous because, after a long day of exploring, the last thing you want to do is leave your cozy room. I sampled the Western breakfast one morning. They also have Vegetarian restaurant. They also have Bottle of water, which is a nice touch. They have Happy hour!
My absolute highlight? The Breakfast [buffet]. It was a glorious spread of everything from kimchi (of course!) to perfectly cooked eggs. I may or may not have gone back for seconds (and thirds…). The Coffee/tea in restaurant was also excellent.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: A Touch of Pampering
Listen, after a day of pounding the pavement in Seoul, you need to relax. The Daewoo Inn understands this. They have a Fitness center, which I, admittedly, didn't use (I was too busy eating and exploring!), but it looked well-equipped. They also have a Spa/sauna, a Steamroom, and Massage services. I took advantage of the massage, and it was pure bliss. They have a Pool with view!
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier
The Daewoo Inn offers a ton of helpful services. They have Concierge, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, and Luggage storage. They also offer food delivery (because, again, room service is a dangerous temptation). They even have a Convenience store, which is a lifesaver for late-night snacks and forgotten toiletries.
The Quirks & Imperfections: The Human Touch
Okay, no place is perfect. Here’s the real tea:
- The elevator was a little slow. But hey, it gave me extra time to mentally prepare for my day.
- The decor is a little… dated. But it’s clean and well-maintained, which is more important than being on-trend.
The Offer: Your Seoul Adventure Awaits!
Here's the deal: Book your stay at the Daewoo Inn now and get:
- 15% off your stay
- A complimentary welcome drink at the bar
- Free upgrade to a room with a city view (based on availability)
- Early check-in/late check-out (subject to availability)
Why book now? Because Seoul is calling, and the Daewoo Inn is the perfect basecamp for your adventure. It’s clean, safe, comfortable, and has everything you need to make your trip unforgettable. Don’t wait. Book now and experience the unbeatable Korea quality of the Daewoo Inn! Trust me; you won't regret it.
Unwind in Paradise: Corte Dei Granai's Exquisite Rooms in Italy
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's perfectly-planned itinerary. This is my chaotic, beautiful, probably-slightly-over-caffeinated Seoul adventure, centered around the Goodstay Hotel Daewoo Inn (Korea Quality, fancy pants!). Prepare for the rollercoaster!
Day 1: Arrival & Seoul-Shock (or, Why Did I Pack So Many Socks?)
- 7:00 AM (ish) - Incheon Airport Arrival: Ugh, the jet lag is real. Seriously, the airport is a sea of pale faces and rolling suitcases. Finding the airport bus to the hotel felt like navigating a minefield of multilingual signs. I swear, I almost took a bullet for my luggage, it felt so heavy. First impression of Seoul? Clean. Ridiculously clean. And everyone is… well, stylish! I felt like a frumpy potato in my travel sweats. (Note to self: Pack less practical clothes, more cool clothes next time).
- 9:30 AM (ish) - Goodstay Hotel Daewoo Inn Check-In: Okay, finally. The hotel is… well, it's a hotel. Clean, efficient, the staff were friendly enough, though my limited Korean and their limited English made for some… interesting communication. I think I accidentally ordered a room with a view of a brick wall. Oh well, at least it’s quiet. Room quality, 4/5 stars.
- 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Exploring the Neighborhood: First mission: Coffee. STAT. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall cafe down the street that smelled like heaven. Ordered a latte and nearly choked on my own excitement. The area around the hotel is a mix of modern and traditional, and it's just buzzing. The people, the shops, the smells… it's sensory overload in the best possible way. I wandered aimlessly for a bit, feeling like a lost puppy, but in a good way.
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - Lunch: The Kimchi Incident: Found a tiny restaurant that looked promising. The menu was entirely in Korean, so I pointed randomly at something. Turns out, it was kimchi jjigae. And it was… spicy. Like, face-melting, tear-inducing spicy. I chugged water like I was dying of thirst. The old lady running the place just smiled and refilled my water. She knew. She knew. But it was also delicious. The best, most painful, delicious thing I've ever eaten.
- 1:30 PM - 4:00 PM - Namsan Park & Tower (Attempt 1): Okay, so I thought I knew how to get there. Google Maps said "easy peasy!" Turns out, "easy peasy" meant a grueling uphill climb and a near-miss with a rogue delivery scooter. The views from the tower were spectacular, even if I was gasping for air. The locks of love? Cute, but also slightly… cheesy. Still, the view was worth the near-death experience.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - Namsan Park & Tower (Attempt 2, After a Snack): I needed to recover. After getting a refreshing, albeit expensive, ice cream, I decided to climb back up. I was slightly happier this time, and I enjoyed the scenery.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Myeongdong Shopping Spree (or, My Wallet Weeps): This place is a sensory explosion. Beauty products everywhere! I bought so many face masks, I'm pretty sure I'll be glowing for a month. The street food was amazing – hotteok (sweet pancakes) and tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes) were pure bliss. My wallet, however, is now crying softly in the corner of my backpack.
- 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Dinner: The Korean BBQ Experience (and a Lesson in Chopstick Mastery): Found a Korean BBQ place. The meat was amazing, the banchan (side dishes) were endless, and I nearly set my hair on fire trying to grill a piece of pork. Chopsticks are my nemesis. I dropped more food than I ate. But hey, the soju helped!
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime - Hotel Hang Time: Back at the hotel, I collapsed on the bed, exhausted but exhilarated. My feet were killing me, my stomach was full of deliciousness, and my brain was still processing everything. Tomorrow: more Seoul! (And maybe a lesson in how to use chopsticks properly).
Day 2: Temples, Tea & Tech (and the inevitable Subway Confusion)
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast (Hotel): Okay, the hotel breakfast is… basic. But free! So, I ate it. Lots of toast and instant coffee. Fuel for the day, right?
- 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM - Gyeongbokgung Palace & Bukchon Hanok Village: Gyeongbokgung Palace was stunning. The architecture, the colors, the sense of history… it was breathtaking. And then, I wandered through Bukchon Hanok Village, which is a charming mix of traditional Korean houses. The only downside? The crowds. Seriously, it felt like everyone in Seoul was there. I took a wrong turn and ended up in a tiny alleyway, taking pictures with the locals' cats (I think they were smiling, or judging me).
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch: Bibimbap Bliss: Found a tiny place for bibimbap. It was a masterpiece of flavors and textures. Seriously, I could eat that every day.
- 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM - Insadong Tea Ceremony & Shopping: Insadong is a haven for tea lovers and souvenir hunters. I had a traditional tea ceremony – it was calming, peaceful, and the tea was delicious. Bought a few trinkets for the folks back home.
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM - COEX Aquarium: The aquarium was bigger and better than I expected! I spent more time there than I had planned. The jellyfish were mesmerizing, and the penguins were hilarious.
- 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM - COEX Library: The library was beautiful and filled with books in almost every language. I wished I could spend more time here.
- 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM - Dinner: Another Korean BBQ (I'm becoming a professional): I found another Korean BBQ place, this time with a friend. The meat was delicious, the banchan (side dishes) were endless, and I nearly set my hair on fire trying to grill a piece of pork. The soju helped!
- 7:30 PM - 9:00 PM - Subway Adventure (or, The Mystery of the Lost Ticket): The Seoul subway system is a marvel of efficiency… until you get lost. I managed to get on the wrong train, then the right train, then lost my ticket, then found it again. It was a comedy of errors. But hey, I eventually made it back to the hotel, triumphant.
- 9:00 PM - Bedtime - The Bliss of Clean Sheets: Back in the hotel room, I collapsed onto the bed. The sheets felt like a cloud, and I fell asleep almost instantly.
Day 3: DMZ, Demons, and Departure (aka, The End is Nigh!)
- 7:00 AM - Breakfast & Prep: I'm exhausted. I'm excited. This is my last day. I ate another hotel breakfast and packed up my bags.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM - DMZ Tour (or, A Reminder of Reality): The DMZ tour was sobering. The stark reality of the Korean War and the division between North and South Korea was a powerful experience. It was a reminder of the fragility of peace and the importance of hope. The tension was palpable, but the tour guides were informative and respectful. The observation point overlooking North Korea was eerie. A truly unforgettable experience.
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Lunch: Lunch, more Korean food, and I'm not even complaining.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Itaewon & Shopping (or, Last-Minute Souvenir Scramble): Itaewon is a melting pot of cultures. I did some last-minute souvenir shopping and soaked up the vibe.
- 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM - The Hotel and a Final Thought: Back at the hotel, I just chilled. I packed my bags, took a shower, and just thought about everything.
- 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Dinner: A Quiet Meal and a Reflection: I ate a quiet dinner near the hotel and just thought about everything.
- 7:00 PM - Departure for the Airport: Goodbye, Seoul. I loved you, even with all your spice and subway confusion. I'll be back.
Final Thoughts:
Seoul is a city that gets under your skin. It’s a chaotic,
Escape to Paradise: Auberge la Palmeraie Mhamid's Moroccan Oasis Awaits!
Daewoo Inn: Seoul's Secret Weapon - Let's Get Real!
So, is Daewoo Inn REALLY a hidden gem? Or just some overhyped internet thing?
What's the BEST thing about staying at Daewoo Inn? (And the WORST?)
The Rooms... Are they tiny shoeboxes? Or are they actually… okay?
Breakfast? Is it worth it? Or should I just hit the street food first thing?
What's the vibe like? Is it tourist-central, or more local?
How accessible is it to public transport? I don't want to walk miles with my luggage!
Is it noisy? I'm a light sleeper!
Anything else I should know? Any secret tips?
Budget Travel Destination
