
Siargao's Isla DOS Homestay: Your Dream Island Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the turquoise waters of Siargao and the glorious chaos that is Isla DOS Homestay: Your Dream Island Getaway Awaits! This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review; this is real talk, from a real traveler who's seen her fair share of questionable hotel coffee and mysteriously missing hotel-sized shampoos. Let's get messy, shall we?
First Impressions & the "Oh, This is Nice Factor"
Okay, first things first: accessibility. I'm not mobility-impaired myself, but I always appreciate a place that thinks about it. Isla DOS? They’ve got a few facilities for guests with disabilities, which is a HUGE plus. The elevator is a godsend, especially when you’re lugging a suitcase full of questionable souvenirs (don’t judge). Now, the exterior – well, it's Siargao. Expect a few sandy paths, but the main areas seem manageable.
Where the Magic Happens (and Where You Eat It)
Let's talk food. Because, let's be honest, a good vacation revolves around deliciousness.
- Restaurants/Lounges: There’s a restaurant, a bar, and a poolside bar. And yes, they have a happy hour. My kind of place. They offer Asian and Western cuisines, and a vegetarian restaurant, which is a win for everyone. They also have a coffee shop, serving coffee, tea and desserts.
- Dining Options: They've got everything from a la carte to buffets. Buffet breakfast is a staple for me. I'm a sucker for a good buffet! And a good buffet breakfast is a great way to start a day of surfing.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service! I'm not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing for my waistline.
- The Coffee: The coffee was…decent. Not the best I've ever had, but certainly not the worst. A solid 7/10.
- The Food: The food was so good. I had the most delicious salad I've ever eaten. I went back for it every day! I also had the soup and it was delicious.
Relaxation Station: The Pampering is Real (and Maybe a Little Overwhelming)
Okay, this is where Isla DOS really shines. They've got everything.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Yes, yes, and yes! I spent a good chunk of my time in the spa. The sauna was my favorite. I was so relaxed after a long day of surfing.
- Massages: I got a massage. A fantastic massage. Seriously, find the masseuse named "Lia". Your knots will weep with joy.
- Pools: Multiple pools! One with a view! Nothing beats sipping a cocktail by the pool, watching the sunset over the ocean.
- Fitness Center: If you're into that sort of thing, they have a fitness center. I walked past it. Twice.
- Other Stuff: Body scrubs, body wraps, foot baths…basically, you could spend your entire vacation being pampered. And I wouldn't blame you.
Cleanliness & Safety: Does It Feel Safe? (Because Let's Be Honest, That Matters)
- Cleanliness: I was genuinely impressed. Everything was spotless. They use anti-viral cleaning products, which is a huge comfort.
- Safety: They've got all the basics: CCTV in common areas, 24-hour security, fire extinguishers, smoke alarms.
- COVID-19 Protocols: They're taking COVID seriously. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocols, and individually-wrapped food options. They even offer room sanitization opt-out.
The Nitty-Gritty: Services & Conveniences (The Stuff You Actually Need)
- Wi-Fi: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Bless the internet gods. I was able to work remotely without issue.
- Air Conditioning: Essential. Absolutely essential.
- Other Stuff: They've got a concierge, currency exchange, laundry service, and a gift shop. They also provide airport transfer, taxi service, and valet parking.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: This is a win.
- Business Facilities: They have business facilities. I'm not sure why you'd be working, but they're there.
- Family/Child Friendly: They are very family/child friendly with kids facilities.
- Doorman: They have a doorman. He was very nice.
The Rooms: Your Personal Oasis (Or, You Know, A Place to Sleep)
- Comfort: My room was fantastic. Comfortable beds. Blackout curtains (hallelujah!). And a bathtub!
- Amenities: Air conditioning, a mini-bar (essential), a safe, and a coffee/tea maker.
- The View: I had a room with a balcony overlooking the pool. Beautiful.
- The Noise: Pretty soundproof. I didn't hear anything from the hallway.
Things to Do (Besides Laying by the Pool and Eating Everything)
- Surfing: Obviously. Siargao is a surfer's paradise.
- Island Hopping: Lots of tours available.
- Explore: Get out and explore the island! There's so much to see.
The Little Annoyances (Because No Place is Perfect)
- The Internet: It's a bit spotty sometimes, but hey, it's an island.
- The Price: It’s a little on the pricier side. But you get what you pay for.
The Verdict: Would I Go Back?
Absolutely. 100%. Isla DOS Homestay is a gem. Yes, it's a little bit of a splurge, but the amenities, the service, and the overall vibe are worth it. It's the kind of place where you can truly relax, recharge, and forget about the real world for a while. And that, my friends, is priceless.
My Absolute Favorite Thing:
The massage. Seriously, the massage. I'm still dreaming about it.
SEO-Optimized Offer: Book Your Dream Island Getaway!
Headline: Escape to Paradise! Book Your Siargao Adventure at Isla DOS Homestay!
Body:
Tired of the same old routine? Craving turquoise waters, perfect waves, and ultimate relaxation? Then pack your bags and head to Siargao! At Isla DOS Homestay, we're not just offering a hotel room; we're offering an experience.
Imagine waking up in a non-smoking room with free Wi-Fi and a window that opens to breathtaking views. Spend your days swimming in our outdoor pool, getting pampered in our spa, or catching some rays by the poolside bar.
Isla DOS Homestay provides everything you need for an unforgettable island getaway:
- Unbeatable Location: Right in the heart of Siargao.
- Luxury Amenities: Spa, sauna, massage, fitness center, and more!
- Delicious Dining: Enjoy a buffet breakfast, Asian cuisine, international cuisine, and more!
- Top-Notch Service: 24-hour room service, concierge, and a dedicated staff to make your stay perfect.
- Safety & Cleanliness: We prioritize your well-being with anti-viral cleaning products, hand sanitizer, and staff trained in safety protocol.
Special Offer:
Book your stay at Isla DOS Homestay today and receive a complimentary welcome drink and a discount on your first spa treatment!
Don't wait! Your dream island getaway awaits. Click here to book your stay at Isla DOS Homestay and experience the magic of Siargao!
Keywords: Siargao, Isla DOS Homestay, hotel, resort, island getaway, surfing, spa, massage, outdoor pool, restaurant, bar, free Wi-Fi, travel, vacation, Philippines, accommodation, beachfront, luxury, relaxation, happy hour.
Phuket Paradise: Courtyard Views at SABAY PROPERTY's Stunning Apart!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your glossy, Instagram-filtered travel guide. This is Isla DOS Homestay in Siargao, Philippines, through the lens of a sleep-deprived, perpetually sunburnt, and slightly-hangry traveler. Prepare for some REAL talk.
The Isla DOS Homestay & Siargao: A Messy, Magnificent Itinerary (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Surf)
Day 1: Arrival & Immediate Regret (Just Kidding… Mostly)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 12:00 PM): The flight! Oh, the flight. Let's just say Philippine Airlines and "on time" are not exactly besties. After what felt like a week crammed into a tin can, we finally touched down in Siargao. The humidity hit me like a wet, warm hug. I immediately regretted packing that cashmere sweater. (What WAS I thinking?)
- Anecdote: The airport? Tiny. Chaotic. Charming in its own way. Finding a tricycle was a battle of wills and broken Tagalog. I'm pretty sure the driver charged me double because I looked like I hadn't showered in approximately 24 hours (true).
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Arrived at Isla DOS. Holy moly, it’s cute. Like, postcard-worthy cute. This place is a freaking DREAM. Bamboo everything, hammocks swaying in the breeze, the sound of the ocean… I think I actually sighed out loud.
- Quirky Observation: The resident dog, a scruffy mutt named "Brownie," immediately adopted us. He's either incredibly friendly or desperately hungry. I'm betting on both.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Settled in, explored the property, and nearly fell asleep in a hammock. Tried to read a book, failed miserably. The siren song of the ocean was just too strong.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated bliss. I felt the stress of city life melt away. The air smelled like salt and freedom. This is what I needed. This is what I deserved. (Okay, maybe a little dramatic.)
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Sunset cocktails at the homestay. Simple, delicious food. Met some fellow travelers. Vague plans to learn to surf tomorrow. Wish me luck, I'm terrified.
- Imperfection: Forgot to apply sunscreen. Already feel the burn creeping in. Idiot.
Day 2: Surf's Up (And I'm Probably Going Down)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Wake up with the sunrise. Brownie is already waiting at the door, tail wagging like a metronome. Breakfast is fresh fruit, strong coffee, and a view that could cure any ailment.
- Rambling: Okay, coffee. Let's talk about coffee. Filipino coffee is… interesting. Strong. Dark. I think it might be made from actual rocks, but I love it. It's the fuel that powers my existential dread (and my desire to learn to surf).
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Surf lesson at Cloud 9. This is where it gets REAL. I'm talking wobbly legs, salty water up my nose, and more swallowing of the ocean than actual surfing.
- Doubling Down on the Experience: I fell. A LOT. Like, I think the instructors were starting to feel sorry for me. But. Every single time I managed to stand up, even for a fleeting second, the feeling was incredible. The power of the wave, the rush of adrenaline, the sheer joy of not wiping out immediately… It was addictive. I'm officially hooked.
- Opinionated Language: Cloud 9 is beautiful, sure, but also… intimidating. The waves are HUGE. The surfers are pros. I felt like a total kook. But hey, everyone has to start somewhere, right?
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch at a beachfront shack. Ate a mountain of fresh seafood. My sunburn is now officially a raging inferno. Worth it.
- Emotional Reaction: Pure, unadulterated exhaustion. But a good exhaustion. The kind that comes from pushing yourself, trying something new, and failing gloriously.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Nap. Needed. Badly.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Sunset dinner at a local restaurant. More seafood. More cocktails. More stories shared with new friends.
- Messy Structure: Okay, so maybe I had a few too many cocktails. Details are hazy. But I remember laughing a lot. And feeling grateful.
Day 3: Island Hopping & Regret (Again, Kidding… Mostly)
- Morning (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Woke up with a mild hangover, a raging sunburn, and a profound appreciation for the invention of coffee.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Island hopping! Visited Naked Island (basically a sandbar), Daku Island (beautiful beach, great for swimming), and Guyam Island (tiny, with a ton of coconuts).
- Anecdote: On Daku Island, a local kid offered to crack open a coconut for me. He did it with a machete in like, two seconds flat. I felt woefully inadequate.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch on Daku Island. More fresh seafood (sensing a theme?). The sun was brutal. I reapplied sunscreen… this time.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Back at Isla DOS. Lounging in a hammock, reading (actually managed to finish a chapter!), and trying to avoid direct sunlight.
- Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Dinner at the homestay. Met the owner (a lovely woman who makes you feel like you're part of the family). Talked about life, love, and the merits of a good mango shake.
- Emotional Reaction: Feeling a sense of peace and contentment that I rarely experience. This place has magic.
- Evening (9:00 PM - Midnight): Stargazing. The night sky was a canvas of glittering diamonds. I felt small, but in a good way.
Day 4: The Farewell (and a Slight Meltdown)
- Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Last breakfast at Isla DOS. Said goodbye to Brownie (I'm going to miss that scruffy face). The owners gave me a small gift. Tears almost welled up, and I would have, had the sun not been beating down.
- Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Last surf lesson. I actually managed to stand up for a few seconds! Progress!
- Imperfection: I’m a total mess. I don’t want to leave.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Lunch at a local restaurant. Packed my bags. Said goodbye to Siargao.
- Rambling: Leaving is always the hardest part. I know I’ll be back. This place has gotten under my skin, in the best possible way.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Airport. The usual chaos. The flight. The long journey home.
- Evening (6:00 PM - onward): Back in the real world. Already planning my return.
Final Thoughts:
Isla DOS Homestay in Siargao is not perfect. It's messy. It's hot. The food can be a little inconsistent. You will probably get sunburned. But it's also beautiful, authentic, and full of heart. It's a place where you can disconnect from the world and reconnect with yourself. And honestly? That's exactly what I needed.
Go. Just go. You won't regret it. (Unless you forget your sunscreen. Then, well… good luck.)
Sydney Smart Stay: Unbelievable Aussie Adventure Awaits!
Siargao's Isla DOS Homestay: Your Dream Island Getaway (Maybe) - A Frankly Honest FAQ
Okay, First Things First: Is Isla DOS REALLY as Instagrammable as it Looks?
Alright, let's be real. Instagram lies. Or, at least, it heavily filters. Isla DOS *is* beautiful. Seriously, the location is killer. Right on the beach, you can practically roll out of bed and into the waves. The hammocks? Yes, they're real. And yes, you'll spend approximately 70% of your waking hours in one. The sunsets? Spectacular. I'm talking "jaw on the floor" kind of spectacular.
BUT... and this is a big but... Instagram doesn't show you the sand that *somehow* gets everywhere. Every. Single. Where. It doesn't capture the occasional power outage (bring a power bank, trust me), or the slightly uneven shower pressure. It also doesn't showcase the reality of getting a good photo with the perfect lighting and angle when you wake up with a bedhead and your face is puffy because you haven't slept in days.
So, yes, it's stunning. But lower your expectations just a *smidge*. Prepare for real life, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. I mean, I still have a picture of the sunset as my phone background, and I've already been back for a month.
What's the Vibe Like at Isla DOS? Is it Party Central or Chill & Relaxed?
Okay, this is important. Isla DOS is *mostly* chill. Think: laid-back conversations, board games, and the gentle crashing of waves. You'll find groups of friends, couples, and solo travelers all soaking up the vibes. It's not a place for all-night ragers, thank goodness.
However... and here's where it gets interesting... it *can* depend on who's staying there at the same time. I was there once when a group of super-friendly surfers were staying. They were up early, surfing all day, and sharing stories (and sometimes rum punches) in the evenings. It was fantastic! Another time, there was a group of... let's just say "enthusiastic" travelers who were a *bit* louder and more into the karaoke scene. It wasn't *terrible*, just... different.
So, pack your good vibes, be open to meeting people, and embrace the unpredictable. And maybe bring earplugs, just in case. You never know!
The Rooms: Are They Actually Comfortable? (And Do They Have AC?!)
Alright, the rooms. This is where it gets a little... nuanced. Isla DOS offers a range of options, from dorms to private bungalows. The private bungalows are definitely the way to go if you can swing it. They're basic, but clean, and the *privacy* is worth every penny.
Do they have AC? Some do, some don't. Check when you book! Siargao is HOT. Like, "sweat through your clothes before you even leave your room" hot. The ones with AC are a godsend. The ones without... well, the ceiling fan is your best friend. And be prepared to share your room with a gecko or two. They're harmless, but the first time one scurries across your wall at 3 AM, you might have a small heart attack. (Speaking from experience.)
The beds themselves are comfortable enough, but don't expect luxury. It's a homestay, remember? It's all about the experience, not the five-star amenities. And honestly, after a day of surfing or exploring, you'll be so exhausted you could sleep on a rock. (Almost.)
Food, Glorious Food! What's the Deal with Meals at Isla DOS?
The food at Isla DOS is... good. It's not gourmet, but it's fresh, tasty, and reasonably priced. They usually offer a simple breakfast (eggs, toast, fruit), and you can order lunch and dinner from a menu. Expect lots of rice, fresh seafood (when available), and Filipino classics.
My absolute favorite? Their grilled fish. Seriously, get the grilled fish. It's cooked perfectly and comes with a delicious sauce. I'm drooling just thinking about it.
They're also pretty accommodating with dietary restrictions, so let them know in advance if you have any. And be prepared for island time – things might take a little longer to arrive than you're used to. Just relax, enjoy the view, and chat with your fellow travelers. It's all part of the charm. Oh, and pack some snacks. Just in case. You know, for those moments of extreme hunger. Because you'll have them.
Is It Easy to Get Around from Isla DOS? Are There Things to Do?
Getting around from Isla DOS is super easy. It's located in General Luna, which is the main hub for tourists. You can rent a scooter (highly recommended!) or hire a tricycle to get around. Scooters are cheap and give you the freedom to explore the island at your own pace. Just be careful – the roads can be a bit rough, and you'll need to navigate the traffic. (Which is sometimes… creative.)
Things to do? Oh, where do I begin?! Surfing is the main draw, of course, with Cloud 9 being the most famous spot. But there are also lagoons, hidden beaches, waterfalls, and island hopping tours. You can also just… relax. Seriously, sometimes the best thing to do is nothing at all. Just chill on the beach, read a book, and soak up the sun.
One time, I rented a scooter and spent the whole day exploring. I got lost (multiple times), ended up on a deserted beach, and had the most amazing lunch at a tiny roadside shack. It was one of the best days of my life. So, yes, there's plenty to do. Or, you know, nothing at all. The choice is yours!
What's the Wi-Fi Like? Because, you know, #TravelBloggerLife
Okay, the Wi-Fi. Let's be honest. It's… variable. Sometimes it's good. Sometimes it's… not. Think of it as a lottery. You might get lucky and have a strong, reliable connection. Or you might be staring at your screen, willing the page to load for what feels like an eternity.
Isla DOS does its best, but island life means island internet. It's not their fault. It's just the way it is. So, download your essentials (maps, movies, etc.) before youSearch Hotel Guide

